Once a great game. A story/Rant for veteran players.

eatrunearrow

What exactly makes the number of complaints unwarranted? What number of complaints WOULD have been warranted? And while I'm on this topic at what extent would it be justifiable to deify a game feature? You're trying to make people who whine about the death of the wildy seem unreasonable by claiming that they cross some sort of line, one that I assure you only exists on your head.

All line-crossings are subjective, so I don't see what you're trying to say here. Murdering someone is only "wrong" in the sense that people believe they are crossing the line, even though the line only exists in their heads. Also, there is no set amount of what would be right. It's merely another way of saying I've seen too much of it.

I would be fine with a few threads complaining about the loss of the wildy. That's not how it is at all though. Some posters feel the need to have entire Anti-Jagex campaigns, and try to slander the company in every single way possible. It's fine to be upset about the loss of your favorite activity, but to vigorously take it out on the company when they didn't even have a choice, then that's definitely crossing the line in my book.

Most people have a handful of things they enjoy in RS, which is why they play it, take away the part of RS that they enjoy and you've effectively killed the game for them, so I'd say just about any level of whining and complaining is justifiable, or at least as much as would be said if they decided to shut down the servers, which for many hardcore pvpers they may as well have.

Skilling has pretty much died for me. Skills were the main reason I played Runescape. I'm not gonna act delusional and pretend like I'm the only demographic that exists in RS's community. No. I think it was a stupid move that they shouldn't have done, and it probably even deserves a rant about it. But the difference between me and the posters I'm talking about is that I don't make it seem like it's the end of RS. One aspect getting ruined isn't the same as the entire game shutting down. It is the end of my enjoyment. That doesn't mean "RS is dead! Jagex are monsters! Jagex hates their players!"

What I'm trying to say is that there are ways to cope with it that doesn't make you look like a crybaby. I don't just disagree with people when they disagree with Jagex. It's the extent which they take things that gets to me. It's not so much me defending Jagex as it is me pointing out how ridiculous the complainers are being. Sometimes Jagex can do stupid things. No argument there. But to expect them to be omnipotent beings who can never make mistakes, and when something doesn't go your way, to flood the Rants forum with propaganda about how they don't care about us, then you're just being self-centered. People expect a gaming company to cater to their every need... even when it just isn't feasible, like trying to undo the RWT updates. And when Jagex does not do the impossible, they get slandered for it. That is what I meant by unwarranted.

So I ask you, why do you think Jagex deserves to be slandered just because they don't want their game to get overrun and ruined by RWTers?

whereas people suggesting to radically change the game rarely look at the consequences of their changes

Such as getting PKing back, but at the cost of opening doors for RWTers to reign again.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RWT was detrimental enough to the game and company that it could potentially ruin RS completely. Not only that, but it's not the spirit of the game. The RWT updates killed multiple birds with one stone - including putting a halt to scamming, luring, etc.

Either they could please the PKers and merchants, or they could please everyone who wanted RS to exist. Personally, I think they definitely made the right choice. They've even tried making it up to PKers by formulating multiple PVP alternatives, but sadly, unless people get their original wildy back, the complaints will keep rolling it. It's surprising how many people want RS dead.

How would a couple of sad little kids buying GP kill the game?

Jagex wrote a whole article about it and explained how in detail. I believe it was in their Development Diaries, but I could be wrong.

Scamming and luring, if you fail enough to get scammed or lured, just quit now, I don't want to play with you.

It's funny how everyone always points their finger at the victims when it comes to luring and scamming, in order to try and take the weight off the people who are actually doing something wrong.

How would a couple of sad little kids buying GP kill the game? Scamming and luring, if you fail enough to get scammed or lured, just quit now, I don't want to play with you.

Because they were in danger of being sued. RWT wasn't the big "real world" issue - credit card fraud was.

How would a couple of sad little kids buying GP kill the game? Scamming and luring, if you fail enough to get scammed or lured, just quit now, I don't want to play with you.

The issue with RWT was that there was a massive flood of macro users all over the place. I was f2p at the time so I couldn't comment on p2p worlds but f2p ones were always crowded with the damn bots, making it very difficult to make money if you liked to WC (other professions were affected as well, but not very much, but again this was on f2p so I can't vouch for p2p). That was the driving force behind jagex' removal of the pking of old and free trade.

All line-crossings are subjective, so I don't see what you're trying to say here. Murdering someone is only "wrong" in the sense that people believe they are crossing the line, even though the line only exists in their heads. Also, there is no set amount of what would be right. It's merely another way of saying I've seen too much of it.

I would be fine with a few threads complaining about the loss of the wildy. That's not how it is at all though. Some posters feel the need to have entire Anti-Jagex campaigns, and try to slander the company in every single way possible. It's fine to be upset about the loss of your favorite activity, but to vigorously take it out on the company when they didn't even have a choice, then that's definitely crossing the line in my book.

Comparing your personal beliefs to something like murder is ridiculous. Murder is viewed as bad by most everyone, hence it's a very well drawn line that most people abide by. There's also the fact that there are several very logical reasons why murder is bad, and no I'm not going to list them because quite frankly I doubt anyone here doesn't already know them :P All you've done is declared something as being bad, saying that it's your opinion and that opinions can't be wrong despite there not being supported by any sort of facts or logic. Well it's my opinion that you're an idiot, so there.

Skilling has pretty much died for me. Skills were the main reason I played Runescape. I'm not gonna act delusional and pretend like I'm the only demographic that exists in RS's community. No. I think it was a stupid move that they shouldn't have done, and it probably even deserves a rant about it. But the difference between me and the posters I'm talking about is that I don't make it seem like it's the end of RS. One aspect getting ruined isn't the same as the entire game shutting down. It is the end of my enjoyment. That doesn't mean "RS is dead! Jagex are monsters! Jagex hates their players!"

What exactly makes runescape, well, runescape? When I first started playing I loved mining and smithing, I later switched to mining due to the imbalance of how XP is obtained by both, but because of that I played a lot less, because the game didn't interest me nearly as much. Eventually I found that I loved trading, and that took over as my main passtime in RS, with mining becoming the thing I'd do when not in the mood to trade.

Now, because I was an F2Per, p2p things had nothing to do with me. I can honestly say that had jagex completely removed the entirety of their p2p content I'd have barely even noticed, let alone actually cared. But that's because p2p was not the RS I played, and as such removing it would have in no way killed the game for me. That being said, given that f2p content if something like under a third of the total RS content, it would in no way be unreasonable to say that removing all p2p stuff would be as close to killing the game as you could get without shutting down the servers. Weird isn't it? Jagex could have killed their game and it'd have not bothered me a bit, but had they removed mining, I'd have stopped playing something like a month in. Any time you remove part of the game, you're killing it for the people who enjoyed that part.

Though this does also sort of fall under the my-opinion-is-superior category, what they say can at least be backed up, as though it is true that the game itself may not have been killed, it's easy to see that parts of it were, not to mention the fact that even if you ignore my first argument about opinions, you realize that by defending your opinions as being right because it's all subjective you're also defending their subjective view of what RS is and what exactly kills it, if you yourself believe that a perspective can't be wrong then you shouldn't be here arguing that someone else's perspective IS.

What I'm trying to say is that there are ways to cope with it that doesn't make you look like a crybaby. I don't just disagree with people when they disagree with Jagex. It's the extent which they take things that gets to me. It's not so much me defending Jagex as it is me pointing out how ridiculous the complainers are being. Sometimes Jagex can do stupid things. No argument there. But to expect them to be omnipotent beings who can never make mistakes, and when something doesn't go your way, to flood the Rants forum with propaganda about how they don't care about us, then you're just being self-centered. People expect a gaming company to cater to their every need... even when it just isn't feasible, like trying to undo the RWT updates. And when Jagex does not do the impossible, they get slandered for it. That is what I meant by unwarranted.

People make mistakes all the time, the thing that separates the people who deserve to get yelled at from the people who don't is how they go about handling said mistakes. If lots of people were complaining about a specific update ruining the game for them then yes, jagex SHOULD listen, and in what way is undoing a patch 'unfeasible'? If jagex doesn't keep copies of older patches then they're idiots and deserve whatever criticism they get, and if they do have older copies then there shouldn't be a problem.

So I ask you, why do you think Jagex deserves to be slandered just because they don't want their game to get overrun and ruined by RWTers?

RWTers? What are RWT...ohhhhhh you mean those things that every mmo in existence has to deal with but somehow manage to do so without killing PKing and free trade, those RWTers right?

RWT was detrimental enough to the game and company that it could potentially ruin RS completely. Not only that, but it's not the spirit of the game. The RWT updates killed multiple birds with one stone - including putting a halt to scamming, luring, etc.

Either they could please the PKers and merchants, or they could please everyone who wanted RS to exist. Personally, I think they definitely made the right choice. They've even tried making it up to PKers by formulating multiple PVP alternatives, but sadly, unless people get their original wildy back, the complaints will keep rolling it. It's surprising how many people want RS dead.

A dead RS is exactly what they're aiming for by...No, I can't do it. I can't dumb myself down enough to actually believe that a single update or lack thereof would actually completely shut down the server, not gonna happen. The only thing that's surprising here is that people actually believe that the game was/is going to die completely, it's not. The fact that people are STILL complaining about 2 specific updates doesn't mean that these people are being unreasonable, it's that the 2 updates in question were really, really bad ideas. Remind me again why RWTers were some unstoppable force in RS but not in other games? Jagex dealt with RWT in a way that was poorly thought out and ruined the game for a lot of people.

I do miss arguing on these forums, it's fun ^_^

Quit runescape, now playing EVE-Online(Mail Cambarus and say hi :mrgreen: )

Comparing your personal beliefs to something like murder is ridiculous.

It's called an analogy. You said that the line-crossing exists in my head. Well duh, there is no such thing as an objective line-crossing. It's my opinion that they crossed the line, just like it is someone's opinion that murder is wrong.

I don't understand why you felt the need to point that out. Pointing at my posts and calling them opinions does nothing to further your argument. You're just stating the obvious.

Murder is viewed as bad by most everyone, hence it's a very well drawn line that most people abide by.

Exactly, which makes it the perfect analogy. If I can bring up a line-crossing that you agree with, then you'll have an easier time seeing where I'm coming from.

There's also the fact that there are several very logical reasons why murder is bad, and no I'm not going to list them because quite frankly I doubt anyone here doesn't already know them :P

And all of those reasons are subjective.

All you've done is declared something as being bad, saying that it's your opinion and that opinions can't be wrong despite there not being supported by any sort of facts or logic.

I never said opinions can't be wrong. Maybe you should stop putting words in my mouth? And by the way, my opinions are supported by facts and logic: Jagex didn't have much of a choice, therefore the flames are unwarranted.

Well it's my opinion that you're an idiot, so there.

Yeah and it's also your opinion that saying "OMG JAGEX IS DEVIL! THEY HATE THEIR PLAYERS!" is a warranted response to Jagex doing what they had to do. Your opinions suck.

Any time you remove part of the game, you're killing it for the people who enjoyed that part.

And you're also making it more enjoyable for the people who didn't like that part of the game. See? It's a two-way street. I shouldn't have to point out that RS is an online game with many different players who have many different interests. It's self-centered to expect Jagex to cater to your every need, even when that means they'll be making tons of other players upset in the process. PKers need to realize the world does not revolve around them. And in the case of bringing back RWTers, they would eventually cause every player that enjoys RS upset.

Though this does also sort of fall under the my-opinion-is-superior category, what they say can at least be backed up, as though it is true that the game itself may not have been killed, it's easy to see that parts of it were, not to mention the fact that even if you ignore my first argument about opinions, you realize that by defending your opinions as being right because it's all subjective you're also defending their subjective view of what RS is and what exactly kills it, if you yourself believe that a perspective can't be wrong then you shouldn't be here arguing that someone else's perspective IS.

What argument did I ignore? Giving a rebuttal is not ignoring an argument. You said that it's only my opinion that they crossed the line. No [cabbage]. When did I say otherwise? And when did I say something subjective cannot be wrong? I'd like to either see a quote of me claiming those things, or I'd like to see you stop putting words in my mouth.

People make mistakes all the time, the thing that separates the people who deserve to get yelled at from the people who don't is how they go about handling said mistakes. If lots of people were complaining about a specific update ruining the game for them then yes, jagex SHOULD listen, and in what way is undoing a patch 'unfeasible'? If jagex doesn't keep copies of older patches then they're idiots and deserve whatever criticism they get, and if they do have older copies then there shouldn't be a problem.

Not impossible - I should have said impractical. It's impractical to bring back the wild, only for the PKers to be happy for a few months until RWT completely destroys the game.

No RS = No PK

No RS = No happy customers AT ALL

However...

No RWT = No PK

No RWT = Some happy customers

Which one seems more appealing to you?

RWTers? What are RWT...ohhhhhh you mean those things that every mmo in existence has to deal with but somehow manage to do so without killing PKing and free trade, those RWTers right?

If you're seriously telling me that RS works the exact same way as every other MMORPG then maybe you are the one who is the idiot. You also have to take into account that Jagex doesn't have as much money to dish out as Blizzard does when it comes to suing and whatnot.

A dead RS is exactly what they're aiming for by...No, I can't do it. I can't dumb myself down enough to actually believe that a single update or lack thereof would actually completely shut down the server, not gonna happen. The only thing that's surprising here is that people actually believe that the game was/is going to die completely, it's not. The fact that people are STILL complaining about 2 specific updates doesn't mean that these people are being unreasonable, it's that the 2 updates in question were really, really bad ideas. Remind me again why RWTers were some unstoppable force in RS but not in other games? Jagex dealt with RWT in a way that was poorly thought out and ruined the game for a lot of people.

It's quite a convenient assumption to believe that the RWT wasn't going to ruin RS. You're making the claim that Jagex is lying to us, but do you have any proof? Also, you said Jagex dealt with RWT poorly. Then tell me, what way would you deal with it that's so much better?

PS: You did not answer my question. Here it is again:

In the case of credit card fraud, chargebacks are issued to forcibly return the money from where it was spent. When a company accumulates chargebacks, the bank begins to fine them, usually 100-200 dollars. So for Jagex, a potential 7 dollars per account just changed to a hundred dollar fine, per account. With Jagex banning thousands of accounts a week for being bots, quite a few of them members, the fines add up.

Eventually, if a company racks up enough fines, a bank may freeze their account, but will definitely stop allowing them to accept credit cards. This is where we found Jagex in 2007, with their bank making these same threats.

That is how a couple kids can ruin it. They fed the beast.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

TC obviously does not know what "RWT" and "opinion" means.

PKing, Free Trade, etc. were all GONE because of this. If they still remained, RS will be ruined, for good.

Sure, the new PvP system has the main problem of inflation because of the artifacts, but who cares? You could just not do PvP at all.

Besides, if you really wanna know, PvP isn't worth it, if you are looking at cost, experience, risk, and reward combined.

Eatrunearrow, just because you are butthurt over what Jagex did over the past few years does not mean everybody is. It's mainly because I'm F2P, but I actually like RS now than before. People have different opinions, you have to learn and respect that.

Before GE = "buyin law rune 1k!!!" wasted like 30mins of my play time.

After GE = puts an offer, does something else in the meantime, did not waste any of my play time.

See? Think about the benefits before you look at the bad sides. You are obviously a butthurt player who wants old PKing back. Face it - not gonna happen. Period.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I started on year 2006. I also got a taste of what it was before, and yeah I have to agree the game's becoming just too much noob-friendly.

I remember a time I was fishing, very long ago. Some girl passed by and asked me what I was up to out of no reason. Could this happen today? I don't think so. While I played from 2006-2007, talking to random people randomly was natural. When I came back in 2009, you can't talk to someone without getting ignored, getting flamed for having inferior skills, etc etc. So yeah, I fully agree with you when you say the community's heart is dead.

And yes, common sense is almost dead. Almost no one needs to think in order to play this game in there days. When I quest without guides, failing here and there but sitll discovering the game the way it's ment to, I feel like I'm the only one in the entire game who actually still does that. People who pass by in a quest related area always are on a rush following guides braindeadly, it's a shame. I'd go on and say the same about the wilderness, but you've already stated it and I fully agree.

People are way too spoon-fed these days.

signaturemw.png

Can this thread just DIE now? This is obviously another troll topic, and yet there is still insane amounts of discussion. -.-

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Can this thread just DIE now? This is obviously another troll topic, and yet there is still insane amounts of discussion. -.-

It isn't really discussion. It's regurgitating the same thing the people have said to people EARLIER in the thread.

(This isn't really a bump, this thread was at the top of the page when I posted this)

It's a rant, for venting frustration...

I obviously know that.

However, TC made some very invalid points, such as the community. Excuse me, how is the community filled with "immature" people? Just about everybody that I have met are NOT players that behave like 6-year-old children, yet TC thinks that Miniclip, AddictingGames, etc. made the community immature. All I have to say is, fail stereotyping. -.-

I'm a 13-year-old player, yet I do not act like some immature kid. TC obviously thinks he is superior to the most of the RS community just because he started in 2004.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I obviously know that.

However, TC made some very invalid points, such as the community. Excuse me, how is the community filled with "immature" people? Just about everybody that I have met are NOT players that behave like 6-year-old children, yet TC thinks that Miniclip, AddictingGames, etc. made the community immature. All I have to say is, fail stereotyping. -.-

I'm a 13-year-old player, yet I do not act like some immature kid. TC obviously thinks he is superior to the most of the RS community just because he started in 2004.

Yes, you do. You fail to even acknowledge his points. How is this obviously another troll topic? And how are his points invalid?

Btw, the community IS filled with immature people. Just that on TIF, it's relatively better. Also, TC has the right to think he is superior because he started earlier. Although not in terms of skill, or whatever, i mean in terms of what he has gone through over the years. He obviously has more experience than you do on the topic of PvP. All the posts you have made regarding pvp goes like this "Pvp is garbage, the people doing it is garbage, I can't believe it's still in the game". WTF? And you think you're mature?

Btw, I'm 16 and I'm not mature, neither is around 99% of the teenage population.

Staurolite.png

Btw, the community IS filled with immature people. Just that on TIF, it's relatively better. Also, TC has the right to think he is superior because he started earlier. Although not in terms of skill, or whatever, i mean in terms of what he has gone through over the years

The TIF rants forum is horrible. The TIF posters are very pro Jagex.

The players who have played from before are disrespected on these forums.

The whole culture of RS has changed so much since I started playing.

Before higher level players who played for longer were valued, and their opinions meant something.

The main attitude now of new players is Jagex is changing for the better, if you don't like it leave. New players also scorn the so called golden age of RS but for those of us that did play before it was just a different game. The community was much better.

Even F2P was different before, everyone's goal was to one day get members. I find it so strange that there are some players who post on these forums that will never ever get members.

When I started to play RS it was rare to see anyone above combat 100 in F2P they were all members by that point.

I obviously know that.

Yes, you do. You fail to even acknowledge his points. How is this obviously another troll topic? And how are his points invalid?

Btw, the community IS filled with immature people. Just that on TIF, it's relatively better. Also, TC has the right to think he is superior because he started earlier. Although not in terms of skill, or whatever, i mean in terms of what he has gone through over the years. He obviously has more experience than you do on the topic of PvP. All the posts you have made regarding pvp goes like this "Pvp is garbage, the people doing it is garbage, I can't believe it's still in the game". WTF? And you think you're mature?

Btw, I'm 16 and I'm not mature, neither is around 99% of the teenage population.

You made quite a bunch of immature posts that failed to acknowledge my points too, earlier on. Ok, I'm not saying I'm mature or anything, but in those posts I explained CLEARLY to you why Jagex has to act fast to fix RWT, instead of spending half a year thinking of a solution, yet you ignored my points and continued to make your own claims and criticise Jagex for being too rash, etc.

Anyway, this conversation isn't and won't be going anywhere, so why don't we just cut it off?

What I mean by "mature" and "immature" is this.

Mature = the normal RS players. They know most/all of the basic stuff in RS, and don't act like total idiots. Most players I have met are like this.

Immature = the "noobs", if you want to call them that. They beg for money, annoy you, be rude, etc. Basically the idiotic side.

Also, why can't I dislike PvP? It's my opinion, and I provided reasons as to why I think that. Why would you want to enforce your opinion about PvP on me? I have done PvP in Bounty Hunter, until I lost all my items three times due to disconnecting. Yeah, call me a BH noob.

I said that his topic is a troll topic, because he is obviously another old wilderness and free trade whiner. Jagex has already stated this about a million times, they will not give them back because of RWT. Saying that his rant is valid just because he has more PvP experience does not mean that he is right in other aspects.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I obviously know that.

You made quite a bunch of immature posts that failed to acknowledge my points too, earlier on. Ok, I'm not saying I'm mature or anything, but in those posts I explained CLEARLY to you why Jagex has to act fast to fix RWT, instead of spending half a year thinking of a solution, yet you ignored my points and continued to make your own claims and criticise Jagex for being too rash, etc.

Anyway, this conversation isn't and won't be going anywhere, so why don't we just cut it off?

Hey man, I gave my reasons for thinking that Jagex was hasty and that they could've done a better job. I "ignored" your points because I believed Jagex could've done way better. Seriously, you want to tell me multi-way Bounty Hunter was a well thought out solution? But I'm reading Sonic's posts, and all he says is "Damn, I don't even know why pvp still exists, its garbage."

Staurolite.png

What I mean by "mature" and "immature" is this.

Mature = the normal RS players. They know most/all of the basic stuff in RS, and don't act like total idiots. Most players I have met are like this.

Immature = the "noobs", if you want to call them that. They beg for money, annoy you, be rude, etc. Basically the idiotic side.

Also, why can't I dislike PvP? It's my opinion, and I provided reasons as to why I think that. Why would you want to enforce your opinion about PvP on me? I have done PvP in Bounty Hunter, until I lost all my items three times due to disconnecting. Yeah, call me a BH noob.

I said that his topic is a troll topic, because he is obviously another old wilderness and free trade whiner. Jagex has already stated this about a million times, they will not give them back because of RWT. Saying that his rant is valid just because he has more PvP experience does not mean that he is right in other aspects.

"The normal RS players" are not mature. If you want to tell me "OMG UR so pro have my babiesssss's" or "safer" etc is mature....

Also, I'm not going to call you a BH noob, what is a BH noob? I'm not saying why you can't dislike Pvp, you can. You can say pvp is garbage, but your reason? From what I've read on multiple topics, you think all of pvp is full of whiners. Well guess what, the entire RuneScape is full of whiners. Disconnecting, fine, I've disconnected countless times. Also, I don't like the current pvp either. But you should know that the old pvp was not at all like this current one, although "full of whiners" like everywhere else, the system was working well, not the crap 76k'ing we have going on today. So I don't know why your bashing the old wilderness, and the people who like it.

Lastly, this might be a little troll-ish, but it's the rants forum. Even though Jagex has said it a million times, does't mean they are always right. Do you see all this inflation going on? Well, why? Because they haven't thought through the changes needed for Pvp. They are HASTY, coming up with new updates that DON'T work. There are so many good suggestions (including one in the current Tip.It times) but Jagex isn't listening, that's why this topic still exists.

Staurolite.png

"The normal RS players" are not mature. If you want to tell me "OMG UR so pro have my babiesssss's" or "safer" etc is mature....

Also, I'm not going to call you a BH noob, what is a BH noob? I'm not saying why you can't dislike Pvp, you can. You can say pvp is garbage, but your reason? From what I've read on multiple topics, you think all of pvp is full of whiners. Well guess what, the entire RuneScape is full of whiners. Disconnecting, fine, I've disconnected countless times. Also, I don't like the current pvp either. But you should know that the old pvp was not at all like this current one, although "full of whiners" like everywhere else, the system was working well, not the crap 76k'ing we have going on today. So I don't know why your bashing the old wilderness, and the people who like it.

Lastly, this might be a little troll-ish, but it's the rants forum. Even though Jagex has said it a million times, does't mean they are always right. Do you see all this inflation going on? Well, why? Because they haven't thought through the changes needed for Pvp. They are HASTY, coming up with new updates that DON'T work. There are so many good suggestions (including one in the current Tip.It times) but Jagex isn't listening, that's why this topic still exists.

I've never met anyone who says the first sentence. The people who I talk to are all pretty nice. Usually, I talk about what levels we are, good luck with your goals, and even have a nice chat with some of the other players. Then again, I almost always skill when playing, and not go to places like Lumbridge and chat/waste my time.

When I PvP, I hardly hear people calling me safer either. It's probably because I always play offensively. I noticed offensive play is favored, so that's why I always play like that.

I prefer the wilderness now. No more people killing non-PvP wilderness players. Runite mining was EXTREMELY risky back when PKing still exists, because PKers camp there, waiting for the runite miners. Other things, like killing green dragons and greater demons, had extremely high risk as well. At the very least, revenants can be out-run, so they are less dangerous than PKers. If they only put PvP wildy in select worlds (like the current Bounty worlds), then I'm happy. Otherwise, no.

Also, I hate the PK whiners, because Jagex has already stated the RWT problem we have right now. Jagex is being hasty, because of those whiners. If they did not whine, then all this problem in PvP would not be here. 76K'ing is a terrible system, but was rushed to be put in. Reason being? Extreme demand about getting old wilderness back.

The inflation that you are talking about is caused by artifacts, which add existing GP into the game. If Jagex removed those from the game, then the prices won't rise as much and inflation won't be so much of a problem.

You double-posted btw.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I obviously know that.

Hey man, I gave my reasons for thinking that Jagex was hasty and that they could've done a better job. I "ignored" your points because I believed Jagex could've done way better. Seriously, you want to tell me multi-way Bounty Hunter was a well thought out solution? But I'm reading Sonic's posts, and all he says is "Damn, I don't even know why pvp still exists, its garbage."

You COMPLETELY ignored my posts regarding WHY Jagex had to be hasty and act quickly. I've already said that they had banks threatening to sue them and ban their customers from using their credit cards to buy membership. If you were in their shoes, would you risk being SUED by the banks and have your customers be unable to buy membership through credit cards INSTEAD of just removing the root source of the problem which would result in just minor loss of business compared to if they had not stopped RWTing and get sued?

I never said Bounty Hunter was a damned good solution or anything like that. I'm just saying Jagex had the right to be hasty, as I've explained above. Bounty Hunter was a temporary solution just for the sake of "replacing" the wilderness, though I can't say it did its job well.

I've never met anyone who says the first sentence. The people who I talk to are all pretty nice. Usually, I talk about what levels we are, good luck with your goals, and even have a nice chat with some of the other players. Then again, I almost always skill when playing, and not go to places like Lumbridge and chat/waste my time.

When I PvP, I hardly hear people calling me safer either. It's probably because I always play offensively. I noticed offensive play is favored, so that's why I always play like that.

I prefer the wilderness now. No more people killing non-PvP wilderness players. Runite mining was EXTREMELY risky back when PKing still exists, because PKers camp there, waiting for the runite miners. Other things, like killing green dragons and greater demons, had extremely high risk as well. At the very least, revenants can be out-run, so they are less dangerous than PKers. If they only put PvP wildy in select worlds (like the current Bounty worlds), then I'm happy. Otherwise, no.

Also, I hate the PK whiners, because Jagex has already stated the RWT problem we have right now. Jagex is being hasty, because of those whiners. If they did not whine, then all this problem in PvP would not be here. 76K'ing is a terrible system, but was rushed to be put in. Reason being? Extreme demand about getting old wilderness back.

The inflation that you are talking about is caused by artifacts, which add existing GP into the game. If Jagex removed those from the game, then the prices won't rise as much and inflation won't be so much of a problem.

You double-posted btw.

"PK whiners"... I'm not into PKing but I can understand their point of view. Might as well call me a "quest whiner" and call others "community whiners".

You see, this game IS becoming more and more noob friendly and it IS bringing more and more immature kids. For example, long ago people could actually quest without guides and all these ridiculous warnings everywhere, if you were stupid you'd get killed in a dangerous area and if you were an immature kid you'd get disgusted enough to leave the game, and in the wilderness it was the same thing. The old system filtered out many "noobs". You could go around and talk with people easily, get to team up for a quest or PKing to have fun with friends or even people you barely knew, because the game didn't make immature player's life easy.

In these days, not only you just don't risk dieing in freeplay cause of the massive amount of warnings spammed everywhere, but also people don't seem to be able to even need to think to actually play. That's why so many braindead players come in and ruin the community more, leaving people outside of Runescape to go like "rofl this game is for noobs". I mean honnestly, people can't even do those beginner freeplay quests without guides, that's just ridiculous. "Do it by yourself" ceased to exist, it's just more and more databases and walkthroughs for almost everything you can do in game. You can't make up your own strategy in PVP because every single build, tactic, lure is known, you can't team up for a quest and have more fun because everyone is braindead and claims to "not be able to think", hell you can't talk to most people in game because they'll proceed to bragging about their skills if possible, call you a no-life if you have better gear, skills or quest points because you've been there for longer or just tell you to shut up because they don't "talk to strangers".

Obviously I agree RWT had to be removed, thus giving away items or losing expensive items to others in the wilderness had to be removed, but I don't see how the wilderness ditch, guards everywhere, guides everywhere interfer with this. That argument is invalid.

signaturemw.png