Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Once a great game. A story/Rant for veteran players.

• Please log in to reply
816 replies to this topic

quelmotz
[ Display Name History ]

quelmotz

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,659 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Quelmotz
  • RSN2:Nil

You can be 10 years old and be mature enough to post (not spam) sensible and appropriate replies/topics. Your brain doesn't need to be "fully developed" to post sensible comments. Sure, it is more common for kids to be immature, but more teenagers and even some adults can be immature too.(not in brain development, in actions)

No, it's not. All I'm saying is that the older you are, the more mature you are. It's an undeniable fact, and I don't see how your trying to argue against it. Maturity isn't a switch, it's a level.

So it is true that older people are mature, but so what? RS has a age limit of 13+. So it means that anybody above 13 is mature enough for it. But you don't need to be 13 to play it. I admit I pretended I was 13 when I registered but so what? Even then, many people were far far far more immature than I was at that time. I don't know whether they were 13+ or not, but obviously most of them should be.

Basically I'm saying that you DON'T NEED to be 25 or something to be mature enough to play, even kids can be mature enough to play without spamming/doing foolish things, etc.

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
Yes, I'm 16 and I'm very mature...

:^o

Yes... :ohnoes:
O.O

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts

So it is true that older people are mature, but so what? RS has a age limit of 13+. So it means that anybody above 13 is mature enough for it. But you don't need to be 13 to play it. ....

Basically I'm saying that you DON'T NEED to be 25 or something to be mature enough to play, even kids can be mature enough to play without spamming/doing foolish things, etc.

By US Law, Runescape has to have that 13 years old age requirement. They only have that to keep themselves from being sued. They don't care how old you are, as long as a lawsuit doesn't come from it. It has nothing to do with a case by case maturity level.

Also: As much as everyone hates to admit it, Age does not equal maturity. It never has, and it never will. At each age range, being mature means different things.

Example 1: A mature 13 year old will not laugh at their little brother's potty jokes.

Example 2: A mature 21 year old will not get wasted just to be wasted.

However, age is a good guide for maturity. The average 13 year old is mature enough to use the internet (thanks to US lawmakers).

Immature players should never put you off playing a game you like. Part of being mature is knowing how to handle those immature players.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

compfreak847
[ Display Name History ]

compfreak847

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,686 posts

So it is true that older people are mature, but so what? RS has a age limit of 13+. So it means that anybody above 13 is mature enough for it. But you don't need to be 13 to play it. I admit I pretended I was 13 when I registered but so what? Even then, many people were far far far more immature than I was at that time. I don't know whether they were 13+ or not, but obviously most of them should be.

Some can, some can't, some can to some extent. That's exactly my point, I'm glad you can finally see it.
Posted Image
Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29
GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots
Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:mtomali

So it is true that older people are mature, but so what? RS has a age limit of 13+. So it means that anybody above 13 is mature enough for it. But you don't need to be 13 to play it. ....

UK law. COPA was repealed in the US as unconstitutional. It still exists in the UK.
Posted Image

Posted Image

quelmotz
[ Display Name History ]

quelmotz

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,659 posts
  • RSN:Quelmotz
  • RSN2:Nil
As long as you put that you're 13+ in the registration age part, it should be ok. There's nothing violent/explicit about RS content. Sure, the censor has been loosened up, but seriously, its nothing compared to what you hear at school.

curling
[ Display Name History ]

curling

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 17 posts

Yeah I agree. Nowadays, like 90% of people are just rude and immature people who can't even bother to type properly or even thank people for help.

But obviously, you can't reverse change. So just cope with it, turn off public chat and rant about it in the RSOF where it might get noticed. However, I bet you your thread will be flooded with people saying: " .... you ........ noob, get lost back to RS classic!!!!111111!!!" (with even worse spelling and grammar)

Jagex wants to make money, its a company. Obviously it has to change.

Yup, it is filled with 90% immature kids. And yes, I definitly agree with the fact that it will be flooded with those same kids trying to flame him. I also agree with the poster that Jagex should NEVER have given into the immature kids demands and that it was the immature kids that bought the runescape gold hence all but ruining non LS monster killing and merchanting.

Bauke
[ Display Name History ]

Bauke

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,553 posts
  • RSN:Quitter
  • Clan:True Maxed

Yeah I agree. Nowadays, like 90% of people are just rude and immature people who can't even bother to type properly or even thank people for help.

But obviously, you can't reverse change. So just cope with it, turn off public chat and rant about it in the RSOF where it might get noticed. However, I bet you your thread will be flooded with people saying: " .... you ........ noob, get lost back to RS classic!!!!111111!!!" (with even worse spelling and grammar)

Jagex wants to make money, its a company. Obviously it has to change.

Yup, it is filled with 90% immature kids. And yes, I definitly agree with the fact that it will be flooded with those same kids trying to flame him. I also agree with the poster that Jagex should NEVER have given into the immature kids demands and that it was the immature kids that bought the runescape gold hence all but ruining non LS monster killing and merchanting.

Where did your supreme knowledge of Runescape's demography come from?

Gmesh
[ Display Name History ]

Gmesh

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Gmesh
  • RSN2:G M E S H
Great thread I agree... It just isnt the same... :|
Posted Image
Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

Woozie
[ Display Name History ]

Woozie

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 67 posts
The thing is, you think the game is so bad now that you WANT to remember that the game was better back then. That really wasn't the case. The game has evolved much, to the better in some cases and vice versa obviously. You can't stop a game from evolving. I still like this game as much as when it was released.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Harakiri
[ Display Name History ]

Harakiri

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,883 posts

My question is, what was so different, so great, that you find the need to complain about it?

Which of these were good about the old RS:

Autoers

Douchy PKers

Scammers

Please pick one and tell me how they made the game better than it is today.
Posted Image

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
Sometimes I cry myself to sleep at night because bald men don't gang rape yew trees and players named 2072038782842 in full rune don't camp at green dragons anymore.

:roll:

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Wood_Midget
[ Display Name History ]

Wood_Midget

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 24 posts
for every instance I miss the old days for, there's probably 2-3 modern conveniences Jagex has implemented that I love.

It's certainly not the same game as it was years ago but in many ways it's also far superior.

P.S.

Kinda interesting how I'm the oldest tip.it member posting on this thread, I suppose it just highlights how so many people that play RS today didn't have RS accounts back then yet feel they have the insight to comment on the past glory of Runescape.

Bauke
[ Display Name History ]

Bauke

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,553 posts
  • RSN:Quitter
  • Clan:True Maxed
What does tip.it membership have to do with anything? I've played longer than most people here, but didn't bother coming on forums for a long time.

I do agree with you though. Thank god it's not the game it used to be anymore.

Gmesh
[ Display Name History ]

Gmesh

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • RSN:Gmesh
  • RSN2:G M E S H

My question is, what was so different, so great, that you find the need to complain about it?

Autoers

Douchy PKers

Scammers

Uhm there were hardly any autoers when I started playing.

Douchy pkers lmao? ALL people do in pvp now is pj, people don't even ask to fight they just run up and attack you.

If you're dumb enough to get scammed you deserve it.

Love the Avatar tho <3:
Posted Image
Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

Etta
[ Display Name History ]

Etta

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 364 posts
;-;

Rest in peace old Runescape, we loved you and shall always miss you

Your story brought back memories <3:

langer
[ Display Name History ]

langer

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,144 posts
  • RSN:Langerkiller

Douchy pkers lmao? ALL people do in pvp now is pj, people don't even ask to fight they just run up and attack you.

Love the Avatar tho

There has always been autoers in RS. Though I have to point that 2006-2007 was the worst: yew trees, blue and green dragons, sharks... Infested with either bots or gold farmers.

PVP is pj...pking was pjing also. Unless you don't have lots of mage bank experience back in the day. PVP is risk and competition, why would you warn someone that you are gonna kill them? RC pkers never asked me before killing me ...

As to your comment on scammers, I would love to see you IRL getting ripped off when paying for repairs on your car.

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills
Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602
Latest top 15 update : page 602
6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Chaise
[ Display Name History ]

Chaise

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • RSN:Chaise91
I feel the same way. In fact I have though of making a suggestion that there should be worlds for RS that are totally based off the "good ole times" we remember. For example, free trade could be returned, and the wilderness can come back to all you die hard veteran PKers. Maybe the GE can go back to hell where it belongs (that's my opinion...) and all the pointless and simple mini-games can be taken away. These "old" worlds would only be available to accounts that go above a certain age (3+ maybe?) to accommodate some of the newer, yet not-so-new players that remember the wilderness, mini-games that were actually challenging,and very few noobs/autoers.

Also there will be worlds for even older players, like the men and women that played RSC and transitioned over to RS2. Sure it would be a baron wasteland compared to what is there today, but I know so many people had fun back then with what they were given and never complained about a thing.

Didn't expect this post to be so long. :o
~~Chaise91~~

Harakiri
[ Display Name History ]

Harakiri

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,883 posts

Autoers

Douchy PKers

Scammers

Love the Avatar tho <3:

Go back to 2004 and try to chop down a yew tree. Can't can you?

If you actually read my previous post I have run down the list of things PKers did to players that was not right at all.

Your last point makes no sense. So the new players were dumb because they did not understand some scams?

Nice try though.

Did not know though that some people would agree with EatRune of all people. I would still like to know though what made the old RS so great.
Posted Image

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

There has always been autoers in RS. Though I have to point that 2006-2007 was the worst: yew trees, blue and green dragons, sharks... Infested with either bots or gold farmers.

Getting each of your sellable resources taken over by bots one by one. Those sure were the days.

I still remember years ago when the first person finally deduced: "Umm...Guys? I think there are green dragon bots now"

I remember the [cabbage] storm that erupted from that news, not necessarily because everyone loved green dragons, but because it meant the bots were getting smarter, more complex.
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users