Once a great game. A story/Rant for veteran players.

eatrunearrow

Explain 'immature in different ways'. Mature is defined as fully developed physically and able to react to situations in an appropriate manner; I don't see any part of that that could be interpreted differently in adults.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think i'd actually have to spell it out for you but...

Perversion, stuff like that? Ever see a little kid do that? NO.

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

Notice that I'm talking about what society considered 'normal' adults. And perversion as you mentioned has nothing whatsoever with maturity, so why bring it up?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I asked for an example applying to maturity, not whatever random subject popped into your head. You might as well have given me an example of starving children in Darfur. Got anything to counter my point, or shall I leave it unchallenged?

DeviledEgg24.png

True, adults are more mature, but SO WHAT?

I don't think you understand what I'm talking about. Don't push all the blame onto the kids. Even though they're generally less mature, this doesn't mean ALL of them are stupid fools who get scammed, spam in the forums, type badly, etc etc.

Teenagers are far more immature (generally) than kids in certain ways too. Is any sensible kid stupid enough to use pointless 1337 speech, listen to dumb music, talk about rubbish on MSN, hang around doing nothing, etc?

GET OVER YOUR STUPID WAY OF THINKING THAT THE ANTI RWT UPDATES RUINED RS

It's just your opinion. If you can't prove it, shut up. If you can prove it, we will listen to justified and proper proof, not crappy spam.

Teenagers are far more immature (generally) than kids in certain ways too. Is any sensible kid stupid enough to use pointless 1337 speech, listen to dumb music, talk about rubbish on MSN, hang around doing nothing, etc?

Apparently someone didn't realize that teenagers are immature too. Adulthood begins at 18, maturation is completed at age 25. I'm talking about people over 25 here.

It's just your opinion. If you can't prove it, shut up. If you can prove it, we will listen to justified and proper proof, not crappy spam.

I have a small piece of news for you: it's a fairly well accepted fact that the brain matures as a human grows older. Perhaps you could check out a few articles on this scientific phenomenon, such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_development.

I'm eagerly awaiting your proof of people's brains undeveloping throughout childhood. I'm sure it'll be an interesting read.

So they don't make long, indecipherable posts filled with spelling and grammar errors that blatantly ignore facts, cherry picking what they want to believe and flaming anyone who disagrees them without a speck of proof. Comprende?

DeviledEgg24.png

So they don't make long, indecipherable posts filled with spelling and grammar errors that blatantly ignore facts, cherry picking what they want to believe and flaming anyone who disagrees them without a speck of proof. Comprende?

So he has a long career at Fox News ahead of him.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

So he has a long career at Fox News ahead of him.

I'd agree with that, except I'm (mostly) conservative so I'm not allowed to. People have a hard time dealing with the fact that an extremely mathematics\scientific'proving' type of guy like me is both fairly conservative and deeply religious :?

DeviledEgg24.png

Apparently someone didn't realize that teenagers are immature too. Adulthood begins at 18, maturation is completed at age 25. I'm talking about people over 25 here.

Note that this isn't directly directed at you. Some people were blaming all the "kids" for destroying the "old" RS.

I have a small piece of news for you: it's a fairly well accepted fact that the brain matures as a human grows older. Perhaps you could check out a few articles on this scientific phenomenon, such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_development.

I'm eagerly awaiting your proof of people's brains undeveloping throughout childhood. I'm sure it'll be an interesting read.

Sorry, wasn't referring to you, I was referring to those "bring back the old RS" people

Obviously. I've already told you millions of times that I KNOW ADULTS are more mature, but the point is (also partly directed at the thread creator) not all kids/teenagers are immature, even though they're generally more immature than adults, so the blame should not be all put on them.

To be quite frank with you, I have NEVER seen a wildy rant from an older, mature adult in a detailed, informative, thought provoking manor with impeccable grammar and a good grip of the issues surrounding the change.

Mainly because anyone who has done so, like myself, came to the realization that the change was unquestionably for the greater good. If you have a link to a rant like this, I'd like to see it - but until then, I'm going to assume that teens, not mature adults, are making most of the barely ledgeable "bring wildy back! riot in varrock square world 31!" threads.

DeviledEgg24.png

^^Ageist. :o

OT: A time when Rune was the best armor? Sounds boring. This reminds me of a story the grandpa from Rugrats would tell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageism

:lol:

It's the facts, though. It's like saying Asians score higher in math and science tests. Yes, it does mean separating people. Yes, it does mean our mother lied when she told us we were just as good as everyone else. Some people are better at things, some people are worse. Ignoring it and pretending everyone the same never helps anything.

Wow, I really got off topic there :ohnoes:

DeviledEgg24.png

They generally don't, but it's a default response we use when thinking of them. Like it or not, most stereotypes have a basis in truth. For examples, ageism is scientifically verifiable :P

DeviledEgg24.png

To be quite frank with you, I have NEVER seen a wildy rant from an older, mature adult in a detailed, informative, thought provoking manor with impeccable grammar and a good grip of the issues surrounding the change.

Mainly because anyone who has done so, like myself, came to the realization that the change was unquestionably for the greater good. If you have a link to a rant like this, I'd like to see it - but until then, I'm going to assume that teens, not mature adults, are making most of the barely ledgeable "bring wildy back! riot in varrock square world 31!" threads.

I'm not saying teenagers are more mature than adults, although teenagers are more mature than kids in some ways, almost all the flame/spam in RS and the RSOF are from the teenagers.

I'm not saying teenagers are more mature than adults, although teenagers are more mature than kids in some ways, almost all the flame/spam in RS and the RSOF are from the teenagers.

Yeah, teens tend to be a bit more mature, but they are nowhere close to adults. Like I said, how many spammy rants do you see from an adult? My point exactly.

DeviledEgg24.png

They generally don't, but it's a default response we use when thinking of them. Like it or not, most stereotypes have a basis in truth. For examples, ageism is scientifically verifiable :P

But it's an insult to other teens to say that the foundation of these sensationalistic posts is nothing more than a product of adolescence. I doubt that Eatrunearrow is going to change his mind once he turns 25.

I know that there is truth behind stereotypes (because if there wasn't, then they wouldn't exist), but I don't think it's a pertinent here. If you want to use science as a justification then one could argue that their racism is, "Merely just a case of pointing out the facts."

Besides, ageism can also go both ways. Adults have more experience and yet there are occurrences of adults exhibiting immature behavior. If you ask me, that's even worse than when kids do it because kids don't have as much experience so maturity isn't expected amongst them.

Yeah, teens tend to be a bit more mature, but they are nowhere close to adults. Like I said, how many spammy rants do you see from an adult? My point exactly.

I'm saying kids/teenagers can be as sensible as adults if they want, so it is not fair to blame every single flame/spam post on ALL of them, saying that kids/teenagers are always dumb, immature, etc.

Reading over all these posts it made alot of sense but just some imput. In my clan (downfall) we have a variety of different people from different backgrounds and life styles. We get along perfect our youngest member (might be me being 14) and our oldest is a mother. She is a mother figure to me always looking out for the clan. Our leaders Amate & Uff the nicest people ever. In our clan we have a homosexual he is my personal friend and i very much value his friendship, when we had a discussion in the clan i was acctually surprised about the matturity level yes there was 1 person who decided to go on but was quicky shutted up and left due to the fact how we repremanded him, we were able to discuss it and talk about it being normal. Saying teenagers are immature ill agree and disagree, some can be complete fools some can be down to earth and very understanding. Our clan is made up of mostly teenagers and looking at our clan we are very mature. I dont know if you all know but clan warring takes good leadership and good listening for example (i know getting a little off topic) calling a pile during a war Amate is calling piles i have never ever in my history with the clan seen a failed pile call where we all arent on the person. And yes are clan is mostly teenagers, but then comparing to clan worlds they really do fail on matturity level. SAy in the jails and people are flaming you calling you a "noob", "nerd loser get a life" etc.And please forget the brain part i think it really depends on the individual.

On another topic saying miniclip ruined it i would disagree because my friends introduced me to runescape through miniclip. I understand also that many players coming into runescape and that were previouly there could be very frustrating but we just gotta live with it nothing we can really do. And then again LOOK AT TIP.IT look at our clan fourms we never cry about little things occasionally when disagreements to break out we always discuss it without flaming, we talk about it the thing is some kids just can't do that and to my great relief none of them have found their way to tip.it.

Ty For reading :)

!!!!FUZZY BEAR! THE NEW DEFINITION OF A FACEPALM HAS ARRIVED TO TIP.IT FORUMS BE READY FOR THE BEAR!!!!

I'm saying kids/teenagers can be as sensible as adults if they want, so it is not fair to blame every single flame/spam post on ALL of them, saying that kids/teenagers are always dumb, immature, etc.

No, they can't. They are not physically as developed as adults. And you STILL have completely managed to avoid pointing out a post with an immature, spammy, flaming adult. Until you do, I shall continue to assume that immature, spammy, flaming posts that aren't even readable for the grammar and spelling errors are made mostly by teens.

DeviledEgg24.png

No, they can't. They are not physically as developed as adults. And you STILL have completely managed to avoid pointing out a post with an immature, spammy, flaming adult. Until you do, I shall continue to assume that immature, spammy, flaming posts that aren't even readable for the grammar and spelling errors are made mostly by teens.

There was a 14-year-old kid who went to college and graduated. You can't honestly be saying that all children are less sensible than all adults.

Besides, how are we supposed to point out an immature adult post when the vast majority of TIFers aren't even adults and some people don't even have their ages on their profiles? This is why flinging the burden of proof around is bogus. You can purposely ask for evidence which doesn't even have the obligatory conditions to exist in the first place, and say that this is support for your premise. For example, "Most people regret suicide. Find me a person who committed suicide and didn't regret it, and then I'll change my mind."