Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Windows Internet Explorer 8

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Aresgodowar
[ Display Name History ]

Aresgodowar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 957 posts

i dont know much about web browsers, so is this the beta of ie8 or the actual version? and what is currently the fastest web browser?

from using ie, firefox, and chrome, id say that chrome is the fastest to load. However with some internet savvy i belive you can make firefox just as fast by tweaking the number of connections it allows per page.
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.
George S. Patton

Lets_3ekout
[ Display Name History ]

Lets_3ekout

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,144 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Big_Craze
WINDOWS internet explorer and security and compatibility.

I'm sorry, the compatibility of this sentence fails.
Posted Image
A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.
Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

@Dan3HitU
[ Display Name History ]

@Dan3HitU

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:3___Hit___U
  • RSN '07:3___Hit___U

What about Tech & Computers? :?

Yeah. This isn't about Runescape. And use Firefox 3, young'uns.

Yep. Safest browser on the net.

That would be Opera :)

Kevill
[ Display Name History ]

Kevill

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • RSN:Kevill
Ehhh... I should say good things about IE8 since I have a friend

that works on the project at Microsoft...

But...

Frankly... IE has way too many problems for me to deal with.

I'm still going to be using Firefox. :\

Thanks for the info though, I'll inform my friends that use it though. :P

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I'll gladly download and install when it actully give me the DAMN DOWNLOAD POP-UP!! Why are you Full of FAIL Microsoft! :x

Popoto.~<3

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
Download it if you want to be the new bug tester for Microsoft.

I won't, I am too busy being the bug tester for Jagex... #-o

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

wab
[ Display Name History ]

wab

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 251 posts

Download it if you want to be the new bug tester for Microsoft.

I won't, I am too busy being the bug tester for Jagex... #-o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

theres like millions of bug testers for jagex atm and they still continue to fail :P

maybe it means something about jagex&testers econnomys.... :?

OT: i use chrome, pretty nice to click on icon, then on site. it saves like all sites i was in lastly and i don't have to click anymore on adress button ;)

nty windows :thumbdown:

OldJoe
[ Display Name History ]

OldJoe

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,922 posts
  • RSN:Joedeby
I actually find it slower than IE7. It works good, but nothing special about it... I wish they had done some work on the interface too. Good thing tho is it's more compatible with web standards then previous browsers.

I will say, that even if you don't use IE, download this latest version (i for example uses Opera), as you can always hope that it will cover a couple of security holes.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies
Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie
Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens
Je suis juste un cas désespérant
Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer
Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Poppet
[ Display Name History ]

Poppet

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Poppet

I actually find it slower than IE7. It works good, but nothing special about it... I wish they had done some work on the interface too. Good thing tho is it's more compatible with web standards then previous browsers.

I will say, that even if you don't use IE, download this latest version (i for example uses Opera), as you can always hope that it will cover a couple of security holes.

I just downloaded it. Its slow when you first get on but its pretty fast once you use it a bit more.
76561198012301951.png

Dracion1
[ Display Name History ]

Dracion1

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,499 posts
Suitably unimpressed. Despite Microsoft's claims of standards compliant I couldn't get past 12/100 on acid3. Guess I'm sticking to my copy of Firefox 3.1b3, which incidently, was also released recently.
Posted Image

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

dsavi
[ Display Name History ]

dsavi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,868 posts
I'm unimpressed like everyone else. Safari 4 came out too, with several features totally copying Chrome and FF. Apple does that. They said it passed an Acid3 test with 100/100, but it only got to 99/100. And I can't find most of the new features, they're all hidden somewhere.

Edit: It did 100/100 on the second try for whatever reason.

C2b6gs7.png

hunttiger2
[ Display Name History ]

hunttiger2

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 8 posts
I have this annoying problem: When I type a website like www.google.com and press enter to go to it, IE 8 opens it in a new tab, anyone know how I turn that off?
Posted Image
[Thanks to Rivirland]

OldJoe
[ Display Name History ]

OldJoe

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,922 posts
  • RSN:Joedeby

I have this annoying problem: When I type a website like http://www.google.com and press enter to go to it, IE 8 opens it in a new tab, anyone know how I turn that off?

Download IE pro (works with 8 too) - http://www.ie7pro.com/ and install.

Open up IE: Tools - IE7Pro preferences - Settings - unbock: open tab from adress field (you might aswell unbock them i all, i find it annoying to get everything in a new tab).

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies
Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie
Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens
Je suis juste un cas désespérant
Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer
Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

hunttiger2
[ Display Name History ]

hunttiger2

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 8 posts

I have this annoying problem: When I type a website like http://www.google.com and press enter to go to it, IE 8 opens it in a new tab, anyone know how I turn that off?

Download IE pro (works with 8 too) - http://www.ie7pro.com/ and install.

Open up IE: Tools - IE7Pro preferences - Settings - unbock: open tab from adress field (you might aswell unbock them i all, i find it annoying to get everything in a new tab).

Ah ofcourse, I was looking in IE 8's options, thanks a lot Joe. =D>
Posted Image
[Thanks to Rivirland]

XxTearGodxX
[ Display Name History ]

XxTearGodxX

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,213 posts
  • RSN:XxTearGodxX
I'm glad I use Firefox, as long as it has Extensions and makes things for me easier I'll never use anything else. As for Internet Explorer I installed the piece of trash this morning only to have it take my machine 12 minutes to reboot after installing the hunk of garbage. After that I decided to fire it up for the first time and it seems to have installed some Google Add-On which isn't even compatible with the god damn thing and thus gave me an error message before the browser even opened up, GOOD JOB MICROSOFT!

Went to the Acid 3 test of course Internet Explorer has failed with a whopping score of 12 out of 100. I personally say stick with IE7, as long as you are using something other than Internet Explorer to access websites you *should* be fine. Internet Explorer is and never will be safe for anyone to use by any means.
Posted Image

blade995
[ Display Name History ]

blade995

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,897 posts
^^^^

IE8 gets a 20 on the acid3 test. It stops at 12 and then if you let it keep going or click around a few times it goes to 20. It's still way behind the other browsers: Firefox 3.1 bet3 gets a 94, Opera10 gets a 100, Chrome 2 beta gets 100, Safari gets a 99 or 100 depending on the time you run it. It's pretty sad that Microsoft wouldn't try harder to comply to standards when every other major browser is.

I'm a Firefox user but this is big news. It's a step in the right direction for web standards. I've noticed that it's faster than IE7 but it's still really slow.

I may switch to Chome because it's so fast, way faster than any other browser. It needs extensions like Firefox to really make me switch though.
Posted Image

Sbrideau
[ Display Name History ]

Sbrideau

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,387 posts
  • Location:Saint-Georges, Québec, Canada (very close to the Maine border)
  • RSN:Sbr

^^^^

IE8 gets a 20 on the acid3 test. It stops at 12 and then if you let it keep going or click around a few times it goes to 20. It's still way behind the other browsers: Firefox 3.1 bet3 gets a 94, Opera10 gets a 100, Chrome 2 beta gets 100, Safari gets a 99 or 100 depending on the time you run it. It's pretty sad that Microsoft wouldn't try harder to comply to standards when every other major browser is.

I'm a Firefox user but this is big news. It's a step in the right direction for web standards. I've noticed that it's faster than IE7 but it's still really slow.

I may switch to Chome because it's so fast, way faster than any other browser. It needs extensions like Firefox to really make me switch though.

Lol for me Chrome is slower than Firefox for some reason. Although Opera is faster than both Firefox and Chrome.

pryomancer
[ Display Name History ]

pryomancer

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,561 posts

WINDOWS and compatibility.

I'm sorry, the compatibility of this sentence fails.

Does not compute.
Posted Image

DJpailo
[ Display Name History ]

DJpailo

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 48 posts

^^^^

There are many standards that the acid 3 test does not look for.

Dracion1
[ Display Name History ]

Dracion1

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,499 posts
GOOD NEWS! IE8 passes acid2! :shock:
Posted Image

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users