Your Political Compass

Robert_de_Sable

Economic Left/Right: -2.50

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

compass.jpg

I keep getting drastically different results every time I do this test even though my political beliefs are pretty much the same. I think it is the amount of "strongly agrees" or "strongly disagrees" that you have

Hey.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -0.12

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-0.12&soc=-1.95

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Economic Left/Right: -2.88

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.08

Pretty strong bias...

My life has put me in a position where my beliefs are becoming somewhat more absolute...

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -3.38

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Clearly changing. Interesting I think.

EDIT: Had my mother take the quiz and noticed I had read some questions wrong. Fixed answers.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

Economic Left/Right: -0.88

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.62

PoliticalCompass.png

Almost dead centre: surprising, considering I believe in Social Darwinism.

EDIT: Got the image up. This is from when I took the test a while ago, but I think it's more-or-less the same as the numbers above.

If absolute power corrupts absolutely, where does that leave God?

Its due to the nature of this test, its solely trying to check how much you believe in personal liberty and how much you believe in government regulation of the economy. I believe in social darwinism(just that most things are partly genetic) and think that eugenics in its proper form(just sterilizing not killing) could be very beneifical to humanity. However, since I dont believe in controlling peoples personal lives this test will still say im fairly libertarian.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Its due to the nature of this test, its solely trying to check how much you believe in personal liberty and how much you believe in government regulation of the economy. I believe in social darwinism(just that most things are partly genetic) and think that eugenics in its proper form(just sterilizing not killing) could be very beneifical to humanity. However, since I dont believe in controlling peoples personal lives this test will still say im fairly libertarian.

I see your point, but I still think I have some very right-wing and authoritarian beliefs (no benefits, smoking to be illegalised); I suppose it balances out in other areas. It's certainly an interesting test at any rate.

how did you answer the question that was worded approximately "the best for the biggest corporation is the best for everyone"?

you gave me support for my theory this test pushes everyone a little left economically :D

awteno.jpg

how did you answer the question that was worded approximately "the best for the biggest corporation is the best for everyone"?

you gave me support for my theory this test pushes everyone a little left economically :D

"Strongly disagree"--most big corporations are greedy, exploitive parasites. I reckon it is a little biased. I also think some of the questions are poorly thought through. Take the one about abortion, for example: saying "disagree" would imply that you're pro-abortion when you may not be. The should have mentioned the child; just because I wouldn't want to bring a baby into the world to suffer terribly or die doesn't mean I approve of abortions.

I'm surprised where the test put me. I would think I would be in the lower right side, but alas, I got this:

Economic Left/Right: 0.75

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.21

Pretty close to dead center.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

"Strongly disagree"--most big corporations are greedy, exploitive parasites. I reckon it is a little biased. I also think some of the questions are poorly thought through. Take the one about abortion, for example: saying "disagree" would imply that you're pro-abortion when you may not be. The should have mentioned the child; just because I wouldn't want to bring a baby into the world to suffer terribly or die doesn't mean I approve of abortions.

that strongly disagree would be the type of thing that puts you in the center. I never really felt a bias toward authoritarian or libertarian, but some of the questions relating to corporations were worded in a way that makes people answer in a more leftist fashion in my opinion. For the best for is best for question, I said strongly disagree but if it was worded in a way such as "what benefits business is usually good for everyone" I would merely disagree moving me farther right.

awteno.jpg

I'd also point out this one:

A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system.

A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system.

I know, I didn't know what to put for that last one. Because technically, that is an advantage of a one party state. Yet I would never endorse a totalitarian system.

Hey.

I know, I didn't know what to put for that last one. Because technically, that is an advantage of a one party state. Yet I would never endorse a totalitarian system.

I had the same trouble with that, decided on disagree eventually since no arguing causes problems.

awteno.jpg

I had the same trouble with that, decided on disagree eventually since no arguing causes problems.

Yep that is the question I was talking about back on page 5:

I made a post a clicked submit but it's not here, and I don't feel like writing it all out again. To sum it up, this is like my fifth time taking this test since this topic gets posted semi-annually starting about 7 years ago. It gave me around Economic 8 Social -6. I should be around Economic 9.5 Social -9.5 but the questions were horrible. I complain about the questions every time and for good reason, many of those don't have an answer of agree or disagree. There was one that stood out this time on the fourth page, I didn't remember it because the last 5 times this has been posted I only made it to the second or third question before giving up. Anyways it wasn't a question, it was a statement of fact and then gives you the response agree or disagree. Of course you are going to agree with a fact, but the way they figure that question into their formula is the authoritarian response, so you either have to agree with the fact or disagree and get your correct result.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

It may have bias but I personally find it to describe me perfectly.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

I put "strongly agree"; would have thought that would move me towards authoritarian significantly. Ah, well.

One party state...

Since I am from Hong Kong, from my background culture, I don't have major uncomforms with one party state.

Yes, some freedom will be gone, but actually, Chinese people believe that the overall harmony is more important then individual freedom. Hence some of the policies which is heavily criticised (EDIT: by Western World as negligence of human freedom).

I respect personal freedom, but I suppose my individual freedom should not transcend the benefit of the overall community.

Note that I am not going to deny any freedom abuse cases.

My score: Left / Right: -3.88

Libertarian / Authoritian : -1.48

Social Liberal

BLOSSOM_KING.png

A new member; f2p for 4+ years

Seldom get online due to in real life business

Always support f2p improvements

pcgraphpng.php?ec=1.62&soc=-0.77

Economic Left/Right: 1.62

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.77

I was not close to anyone listed, and as you can see, quite moderate. I don't believe this test is all that accurate. Considering that I favor Monarchy's and strong, decisive leadership, I should be more authoritarian, but they did not ask me certain questions that I think could have helped rate me better. Oh well, I guess I can be lonely then- no famous despot to keep me company :(

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

The main problem I have with this test is that every year that they modify a question....I fall further to the bottom left corner.

This is basically what I have gone from in five years.

to

so yeah, I don't see how such small changes to the test can result in such a fast turn of views in such a short time frame, especially when my answers to the questions have remained unchanged.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

• 2 weeks later...
YOU ALL HAVE THREE DAYS TO SUBMIT MORE COMPASSES.

TIFCOMPASS COMES OUT IN A WEEK.

So.... its almost been two weeks now :?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010