Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

Yeah, apparently in a ninja update not too long after I stopped playing. Sneaky buggers. :P

So this weekend I got very little done, either in RS or in my attempts to get my blog caught up, as my youngest was extremely sick. He spent pretty much the whole weekend with a fever of 102 so there was a lot of YouTube, napping on the couch and a literal gallon of juice consumed. Tonight I have to finish washing his bedding so it's all clean for him when he comes over next weekend. Don't want him getting sick again.

Although I did learn about the cremation ability (see, I'm still learning stuff) so I guess now I'm going ghost hunting for a bit before I train Prayer again.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It's pretty dumb too, considering the original news post about the Vet capes said they'd be both F2P and P2P, then they ended up making them P2P-only and took them forever to change it.

Always nice when you come back to the game after a long hiatus and you find out that things you've been wanting have finally been implemented. Like me with pocket-slot god books that are actually useful again.

Yeah, I remember how upset everyone was about that when it was announced they'd be for members only ("all players" my ass  <_<). Oh well, at least I have them now.

Today I have a new instalment of a mini-series I had hoped to never update again. That's right, it's time for episode two of:

Kaida's safety tips through example! 

(where I help everyone be safe through my own painful experiences)

If you don't remember, ep.1 was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back here on page 2 and was about me nearly filleting my thumb with a paring knife. Fortunately today's lesson has less blood, but was no less painful. Last night I was PM'd by a member of my clan asking if I could loan him some gp to max out a flip he was doing. Yes, yes, I know some of you are already shouting at your monitors but let me finish. Now, this was not some recent johnny-come-lately, this was a long standing member who we all know and respect so I agreed and went to meet him at the GE. Once there he told me to trade with CornFedz, his flipping alt (stop yelling at me! I can't hear you through the computer :P). So I go to trade with him and instead of the 20M I intended I accidentally pressed an extra 0 and didn't notice until afterwards.  :wall: At which point he teleported out and that was it. My money was gone. Poof. 200M right out the window.

As soon as he disappeared, another member of my clan came up in the chat to warn us someone was impersonating the person I thought I was talking to. Litterally as soon as I finished the trade the warning came up. Needless to say the person being impersonated was just as shocked as the rest of us. This led to both condolences from my clan mates and a huge discussion as to how it happened in the first place. It turned out that the scammer was using a Roman numeral 1 in place of a lower case L. I don't know how, but another member showed us the difference and until I saw them side by side I couldn't tell the difference. Even seeing them side by side it was difficult to tell.

QyTl2D2.png

(Newb took this. Notice the difference between the L in "logged in" and the one in "Lil Dan Def")

Apparently I was gone too damn long and had forgotten all the warning signs of a scam.  :wall: I'm not completely screwed though, I have all the gear I'll ever need and still have 44M cash left over so I can still fund training Smithing, but loosing nearly all my money hurt like you wouldn't believe.

So there it is, my warning to all of you. Watch out for friends or clan mates suddenly messaging you and asking for money. 200M lost  :wall:, lesson learned and life moves on.

Now, this story isn't all bad. After telling everyone about what happened one of my clan mates messaged me to meet him in the GE again. Wait, wait, wait. Put the pitchforks and rotten tomatoes down, I made sure it was him before going this time. And it was him, no alts or anything. He then gave me a bond so I could get back a little of what I'd lost, and a Fish Mask because it was hilarious and made us both laugh. I sold the bond for 11M so I'm back up to 54M, and I'm still wearing the mask because it's ridiculous.  :lol:

So a shout out and huge, huge thank you to Bambe09 for his extreme generosity in my time of adversity.   :thumbsup:  =D>

Oh, and because I promised Zammypker here's an adorable animal pic to end things with.  :^_^:

large.jpg

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Dan doesn't play as much as he used to, but how many of us do? Life is a harsh mistress. But TFS is still surprisingly active, if not quite as chatty as I remember. Still, get the right starter going and a spirited conversation will quickly follow.  |^_^|

Okay, I've been promising proper updates since I came back but after finally transferring everything to my laptop and realizing that there's a metric ton of screenshots to go through I have decided to break it all up into (relatively) smaller updates rather than bombard you with a massive one all at once. So without further ado, I give you...

Kaida's 4 month 3 year update part 3!: The Battle of Lumbridge part 1, or: I've been gone too damn long!

:twss:

When we last left off I was working on Smithing, Crafing and Fishing. The Battle of Lumbridge kind of put Smithing on the back burner for the duration, but before it got into full swing I got these:

[spoiler='Crafting 71]

craft%2071a_zpsyzijowiw.png

craft%2071b_zpsualgouku.png

[spoiler=Crafting 72]

craft%2072a_zpsgn5omyp6.png

craft%2072b_zps59kce0l7.png

Long absent mighty gods Saradomin and Zamorak descended upon the once (relatively) peaceful land of Gielinor with some kind of bug up their collective butts over who was better, stronger, faster and the Battle of Lumbridge was underway as we mere mortals took up arms to fight for our chosen deity. Or to simply get cool rewards. Which ever. :P

Personally I sided with Zamorak at first, gaining all the armour pieces except the cape (don't remember why any more, maybe I figured I didn't have enough time to get absolutely everything on both sides) then defected to Saradomin and kept fighting for him for the remainder of the Battle. As regular readers of this blog with know, I'm a long time supporter of Saradomin and it was always my plan to finish the BoL on his side with as many rewards as possible.

Once on the battlefield I powered though some fishing to finally get to level 90:

[spoiler=Fishing 89]

fish%2089_zpsh5481k2e.png

[spoiler=Fishing 90]

fish%2090a_zpspwzuqqfn.png

fish%2090b_zpswzeehj1v.png

And somewhere in there I also got 95 Magic (possibly from xp lamps as I can't see myself stopping to train it during the BoL) and apparently Divination was released around this time so I got it to level 5.

[spoiler=Magic 95]

magic%2095a_zpsq0aklqn6.png

magic%2095b_zpsxgsfnm9e.png

[spoiler=Divination 5]

div%205a_zpshewsgt9o.png

div%205b_zpsbs8kvoek.png

Now that my Fishing goal had been achieved and Divination was out of the way, I shifted my focus on the battlefield to mining and boy oh boy did that ever pay off! :thumbsup: Mining battlefield tears was fast, easy and best of all semi-afk! F2P really, really needs something like that. I did it for the rest of the event, occasionally jumping worlds to mine sacred metal fragments (we had a hunt chat set up and everything) or killing NPC's for Icyenic weapon overrides...but I'm getting ahead of myself again.

I made ridiculous Mining gains during the BoL. Here's where I started:

BoL%20mining%20start_zpsiruw5gmw.png

And here's where I finished:

BoL%20mining%20stop_zpsacpmnawk.png

:shock:

Just over 5M Mining xp in, what, three maybe three and a half months? In F2P? With all the world hopping and chatting and running about doing other stuff to collect as many rewards as I could in between? That's absolutely insane. I'm sure I was hoping to make to an even 20M, but I can't imagine I was anything less than happy with this.

Now I'm sure you all noticed that I made other level gains during that time, and I also gained many many rewards for my dedicated service to Saradomin, plus there was even a new quest thrown in there...but this entry has gotten long enough so I think I'm going to leave it here for now.

Tune in next time for more thrilling skilling, killing and BoL chilling in part 4 of my mega epic, ultra late update series: "The Battle of Lumbridge part 2" or "Always leave them wanting more" ;)

• Like 1

Just a quick update. Our woodcutting competition ended this week and we beat the pants off of Free Players! \:D/ By over 11M xp!  :o

Not only did we win, but I came in 8th place.  :thumbsup:

TFS%20MSC%2046_zpsujk4xd5m.png

Not bad for my first comp back. :^_^: A big congratulations to my fellow TFS'ers and a very big congrats to Medieval Kid for doing his best beaver impression by attempting to clear cut Gielinor all by his lonesome to secure our victory. :lol:

I also gained a couple of levels during the comp, but they will have to wait until I finally get by blog caught up. Speaking of which, I'm hoping to get part 4 of my mega update up later today.

So much for getting this up yesterday. Turns out hopes and dreams don't make blog posts. :lol: Actually, my son hijacked my laptop to play RS yesterday afternoon and I could hardly say "no" to that now could I? ;)

So without further ado, I give you...

Kaida's 4 month 3 year update part 4!: The Battle of Lumbridge part 2

When we last left off, I started out exactly the same way. :P So the Battle of Lumbridge is in full swing, I'd sided with one god only to toss loyalty aside like last year's fashions when it suited me to side with the other, and I gained an absolute crap ton of Mining xp.

So what did I do in between all of this you ask? And how can I hear you through the computer? The answer is constant skilling, and transdimensional portals (sorry, I've been watching a lot of Rick and Morty lately).

Just so much skilling...

[spoiler='Crafting 73]

craft%2073_zpsurxgcyro.png

craft%2073b_zpssiuwmqjs.png

[spoiler=Crafting 74]

craft%2074_zps7mjiebps.png

craft%2074b_zpsnqbdvwer.png

And levels!

[spoiler=Defence 61]

def%2061_zpsqlmjmnrv.png

...just...so many levels you guys...

[spoiler='Prayer 65]

pray%2065a_zpspz7ype88.png

pray%2065b_zpsd7ht2cib.png

[spoiler='Prayer 66]

pray%2066_zps9s5izsi9.png

[spoiler='Prayer 67]

pray%2067_zpsiaev6myc.png

[spoiler='Prayer 68]

pray%2068a_zpsllvjcbv3.png

pray%2068b_zpsi9uv8tqj.png

[spoiler='Prayer 69]

pray%2069_zpsgvqwoeis.png

[spoiler='Prayer 70]

pray%2070a_zpse7vrbkjz.png

pray%2070b_zpsnnm9jsrp.png

[spoiler='Prayer 71]

pray%2071a_zpsxgghdizs.png

pray%2071b_zpskqynaiod.png

:blink:

I have no idea why I gained so many Prayer levels during the BoL. Or why so many of them look like I didn't move in between. Lamps, spins, vengeance upon a skeleton army yielding a surplus of bones...who knows. At this point all I can do is sift through all my screencaps and try and make sense of them.

You may have noticed I gained a Defence level as well. That's because I needed something to use all those sacred metal fragments on, so I went hunting for Icyenic weapon parts to forge into new and powerful...cosmetic overrides. Okay, so they're not exactly powerful but they are pretty cool looking.  |^_^|

Icyenic%20bow_zpsmyboxrvo.png

And apparently I collected a hell of a lot of fragments to forge together with the weapon parts...

Icyenic%20staff_zpszcs7gzjf.png

Because I ended up with all three of them...

Icyenic%20hammer_zpspk4pvxul.png

And I definitely would not have been able to collect 3000 fragments if it were not for my fellow F2P'ers and the "Hop4f2p" chat. I honestly no longer remember who set the chat up :( (and I'm very sorry for that, if anyone knows who it was please let me know and I'll acknowledge them properly), but we all worked together to scout as many sections of the battlefield on as many worlds as possible and then call out when a silver node spawned, at which point we would all hop worlds to descend up on it like locusts only to scatter back to our positions once it was depleted.

Aside from the armour sets and weapon overrides I also unlocked level 1 and 2 of the Saradomin emotes (which I have no pictures of). Not sure why I didn't get level 3, but I probably ran out of time and didn't have enough renown points to buy it. I also got all four random skilling titles, my favourite of which is "the Virtuous", as I'm sure you noticed. ;)

And so, dear friends, we finally come to the end of the Battle of Lumbridge. All in all an absolutely wonderful world event that I had a blast doing. The end of the BoL means we are also almost at the end of the mega updates. Just a quest and a few levels gained since returning left to go. Soon we shall be all caught up and I will once again be posting regular updates more or less as they happen.

Tune in next time for part 5 of my ultra awesome, mega late update series: "The Death of Chivalry" or "I didn't even know it was sick". :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Holy crap, has it really been three weeks since last updated this?  :oops:

Fear not faithful readers for I've not disappeared yet again, merely been overwhelmed with life. Unfortunately my dog is very old and very sick and that has taken up a lot of my time and attention. :(  All I've been doing in game recently is Meg's Cases, which while not the most stimulating of content has given me a lot of small xp lamps to dump into Prayer so it's not all bad. Plus Socky McGee is hilarious. :lol:

I'll try and get a proper update posted in the next few days.

• 1 month later...

So much for a few days...I guess a few weeks will have to do.

Before I get into it though, I want to show you the reason I've been so quiet lately.

ken%202%20small_zps4ujfglt5.png

This is, or rather was, my dog, Kali (she's the furry one on the left :P). Like I said, she was very old and very sick. About a week after my last post I had to have her put to sleep. As I'm sure you can imagine this was not a very happy time for me or my kids. For the last 11 years she's been my faithful companion through all of life's ups and downs. She was deaf and nearly blind in one eye, but was always excited when I came home and that always made even the worst days just a little bit better again.

I didn't play much for a couple of weeks after she was gone, but I started again for our monthly skilling competition and have been going gangbusters since then. Hopefully I can get this blog caught up soon.

So again, apologies for the lack of updates lately but I'm sure you all understand why.

A proper update will be posted later today.

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, sometimes life is sad. :(

But not today! For here it is, my long awaited final BoL-era update:

Kaida's 4-month 3 year update part 5: The Death of Chivalry

Today's entry finds me tackling the new quest released during the BoL, The Death of Chivalry. I have a bunch of screenshots from during the quest (pan shots, chat boxes, etc..), but unfortunately no longer remember how I intended to spin them. So here's what I came up with, hope you like it! :P

To begin this quest, first I met a kook.

DoC1_zpsdeb3jjg2.png

Then I met, and was dressed down by, an actual God.

DoC2_zpsgrmsjeh5.png

Not sure if he bought my explanation though. I wonder how he was able to be here and on the battlefield at the same time.  :-k Must be a god thing. Anyhoo, turns out he wanted me to descend into a creepy dungeon and retrieve a powerful weapon from the Black Knights before they use it to attack Falador (although, from what I understand it still happened anyway). Why are these always in creepy dungeons? Why can't we ever have a quest in a nice, peaceful meadow? Oh well.

So dressed like one of the Black Knight captains I infiltrated their fortress and descended into the tomb below where I rescued a damsel (it's what I do  ;)), fought some Knights and was ultimately betrayed by the very damsel I rescued.  <_< She then killed Sir Owen and attempted to do the same to me, but severely underestimated who she was dealing with.

In the end I prevailed and succeeded in recovering the all-powerful, dead-raising, can destroy the whole world magic wand and gave it to the wise and all-seeing god who tasked me with its retrieval in the first place. The very same god who then proceeded to *sigh* give it to the reanimated, corrupted, undead corpse of Sir Owen.  #-o

DoC3_zpsz4m4bmbz.png

I really hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the ass. As a long time supporter of Saradomin I was actually kind of disappointed in him for this. That's not a good look, man. Gods are supposed to be smarter than that.

Okay, swag time!

DoC4_zpsq0qr9siu.png

Then for good measure I went back down and killed Dawn again to unlock the captain's armour override.

DoC5_zpsnqoatclj.png

Now I can look like him when ever I want and not have to use up bank spaces storing it all. While overrides were fairly novel at the time (at least for free players) it's something I've noticed become a lot more prevalent in the game since I left. Even the recent Gower quest gave cosmetic overrides as part of the reward. Not that I'm complaining, overrides don't take up bank space and can be turned on/off at will no matter where you are. It's just something I've noticed is all.

And with that, I'm finally caught up to when I wandered off into the ether.  \:D/ From here on in the updates will actually be from this year!  :twss:

So join me next time for the tale of the woodcutting competition. Same bat blog, same bat forum.

• Like 1

Good afternoon everyone!

We're going out of sequence today so buckle your seat belts for a time jump. Now I know I promised you the harrowing tale of how I held vicious tree monsters at bay, and worry not for that is still coming, but this is a big one so I figured no one would mind.  ;)

Now I'm sure that as good long time followers of this scattered, time-distorted mess I call a blog you all know that after 99 Mining my next goal was to get 99 Smithing and last night I got it in a big way!  \:D/  :thumbsup:  :XD:

I've been superheating my little head off lately (with breaks for the odd thing here and there you'll read about later) and a couple of weeks ago I got even better at it after one of my clanmates (apologies, I don't recall who) told me about a YouTube video by Persiflage showing a much more efficient way of doing things, and boy oh boy did it make a difference! I went from about 1200-1300 rune bars per hour to over 2400 with little more than a rearrangement of my screen and the use of presets. Yes, I'm embarrassed to admit that I was not using the presets (remember, I'm the most pro noob you'll ever meet  :P) as I was having a hard time figuring out how to set them properly but Persi's video gave me the kick in the butt I needed to wrap my tiny little brain around them and it was certainly worth the effort.

Now before we go any further I just want to address something; those of you who watched that video may have noticed that Persiflage is using AHK and I want to make it clear that I do not, and as it is a third party program I do not encourage or endorse its use. Jagex have been notoriously vague about things like AHK so I've always felt it best to steer clear of it. Just say no boys and girls! I've only linked to it as an example of how to set yourself up to superheat more efficiently.

Anyway, back to the story. As you may remember, waaaaaaaaaay back when I got 99 Mining I did it by mining one copper and one tin. Well, I kept those ores. That's right, I've had one copper and one tin my bank all this time with the plan to use them to get 99 Smithing just to give everything a bit of circular symmetry. As the first levels I ever got were in Mining and Smithing by using bronze, it seemed appropriate to also use bronze to get my first 99's. Since tutorial island no longer exists except as a soggy memory (who else remembers starting on tutorial island?), I decided to go back to where I gained most of those first levels afterwards. So, clad in my 10 year veteran's cape I returned once again to the furnace in Falador where I made a simple bronze bar just like I had all those years ago.

smith%2099a_zpsgzdwgzwi.png

smith%2099b_zps1jz98t2j.png

So many memories. Cathosis, Darthgerm and I running ores and bars back and forth with each other. Mining, smelting, smithing and selling off what we made to afford better picks to mine better ores, dreams of profit and prosperity in our heads. And here I was, the last musketeer about to reach what we thought of at the time to be a nearly impossible goal. Still warm in my hands, I took my newly forged bronze bar down to the anvils in the Dwarven Mine to turn it into a dagger just like we had so many times back then. (somehow those screenshots didn't save, sorry...  #-o)

And then it happened. The fireworks, the notification, and the wonderful feeling of that last level up to 99!

smith%2099c_zpsf1tkbcuu.png

smith%2099d_zpsfykcgrdh.png

:twss:

But wait! I promised you a big update. One that justified our timeline jumping around like a bad screenplay. And as big an update as one 99 is, what can beat it? Two 99's you say? Gosh, all you folk are just too darn smart and attractive for me.  :shades:

So here then begins the tale of my second 99 of the day: Magic! This one's not quite as lengthy though, as I'm sure you all know already superheating and Magic xp go hand in hand. Now my Smithing was a bit ahead of Magic, so I had to stop superheating for a little while and do some alching. After asking around in the chats for a bit someone recommended green d'hide bodies because you can buy 5k of them at a time and they even make some profit. Since I only needed about 2300 alchs to get caught up, I set about my task and got it within a single alch of 99. I did this all before heading to Falador, so once I finished with Smithing I simply alched my shiny new dagger to finish off Magic.

magic%2099a_zpslprjcn2c.png

magic%2099b_zps9wugsh9u.png

:twss:  :twss:

So there it is blog lovers, my tale of two skill masteries in one day. Now if you'll all place your fish sticks and custard in their upright and locked position, we will now return you to your regularly scheduled timeline. If you happen to go back too far and end up in a year when white partyhats were still under 150M, be sure to pick one up for me and I'll reimburse you.  :lol:

PS - I almost forgot as I couldn't do this for Mining. Kaida23, 90,379th person to 99 Smithing and 217,728th person to 99 Magic!

smith%2099e_zpszbiytqqg.png

• Like 2

Greetings once again blog fans.  :-D

Apologies for the wall of text last time gang, but a big update needs a big post. :P Today's will be a bit more subdued with everything all neat and tidy. Now that we've caught up to 2016 it's time to talk about the Woodcutting competition. Yes, amazingly my return to RuneScape and TFS coincided with the beginning of a skilling competition, and now that free players are on the high scores once again we can compete directly against other clans. Appropriately enough we were competing with Free Players to see who can do the best Paul Bunyon impression.

So after setting myself up in the Daemonheim resource dungeon I set about my task and gained levels galore!

[hide=Woodcutting 91]

woodcutting%2091a_zpsnae5pneq.png

woodcutting%2091b_zpskbruetmi.png

[/hide]

[hide=Woodcutting 92]

woodcutting%2092_zpszwam9gl3.png

[/hide]

[hide=Woodcutting 93]

woodcutting%2093a_zps3fxat5zl.png

woodcutting%2093b_zps3tzyuoi1.png

[/hide]

Well...maybe not "galore" but still, 3 levels when I'm already over 90 is pretty good. :thumbup:

As I've told you already we beat the pants of FP, mostly on the strength of Medieval Kid's overwhelmingly impressive xp gains (spoiler alert: this will be a running theme for the next couple of comps...dude's crazy :lol:).

Basically that's it. There was nothing new to be learned about WC and nothing else really happened I haven't already told you about (note the Fish Mask in the level 92 pic). NXT was released but I don't use it so I can't comment on it. So here it is, a nice short to the point post just like I used to do. Well, as short as my posts get anyway.  ;)

Join me next time for a random discussion about some random things I did after the comp was over.

• Like 1

Happy Saturday everyone! :)

What a week this has been. Most of the week has been stupidly hot and sticky and now it's raining like the wrath of Saradomin himself. Still, I didn't have to cut the grass today and isn't that just a crying shame? :P Just means more time to update my blog.

After the WC comp the Mega May event started and with it came Meg's Cases and a Dungeoneering bonus xp weekend. :thumbsup: Each day I logged in to make sure I did the new case Meg had for me...well, I did until things started going sideways with my dog. It was around this time that she got worse and I kind of wandered away again for a bit. As such I only got 22 of the cases done.

[hide=Meg's Cases]

megs%20cases_zps7yuitnoe.png

[/hide]

Don't worry, I cropped them all into one pic. Even I'm not that crazy. ;) I got enough of the cases done to unlock Socky McGee, the Investigator's Outfit and the Sockroth pet. The outfit's kinda cool looking and the Sockroth is kinda neat but I'm not really using either. Socky McGee on the other hand was awesome. I talk to him, he talks to me, sometimes we argue...kinda makes me feel like a Batman villain.

This one's my favourite: 

SockyMcGee_zpscshunoqv.png

It's good to see my plan of spreading false tales of adventure and derring do are working. Even sock puppets have heard of me. :lol:

In between all that I got another Smithing and Magic level...

[hide=Smithing 96]

smith%2096a_zpskeghtyoc.png

smith%2096b_zpsuoi6wl12.png

[/hide]

[hide=Magic 96]

magic%2096a_zpsdi59ces3.png

magic%2096b_zpsl2kjsu3c.png

[/hide]

...and dumping all the lamps from Meg's cases into Prayer got me another level in that as well.

[hide='Prayer 72]

pray%2072_zpsp4krl4de.png

[/hide]

At some point in here a bunch of us from TFS and Free Players all got together and descended upon RuneSpan for a good old technicolor get together. It was loads of fun, I hadn't been to the 'Span in literally years. I managed to gain about 150k xp while just chatting and hopping islands and siphoning nodes with my fellow F2P'ers. It reminded me a lot of what things used to be like back in the day. I've noticed there's a lot less chatter nowadays. Well, except when I'm in W3. That place is chat central.

I'm discovering bringing this blog up to date is kind of a challenge; there's a fine balance between making posts that are too ridiculously long, and making enough of them so that I finally get caught up. I think that's enough for today though. Join me next time for the tale of the Dungeoneering bonus xp weekend.

• Like 1

So it's Monday and Mondays suck, but let's see if we can't make this one a little better with another update! :D

Mega May brought us a Dungeoneering 50% bonus xp weekend and a bunch of TFS'ers were getting together to benefit from this as much as possible. Unfortunately, my son was really sick that weekend so I wasn't able to join them. Well, I could have...and then I would have been that guy who disappears in the middle of the floor and gets everyone else mad at them. Don't be that guy.

So I solo'd a bit and gained myself a few levels.

[hide=Dungeoneering 71]

dg%2071a_zpsmfu8wohq.png

dg%2071b_zpsyvfh58xe.png

[/hide]

[hide=Dungeoneering 72]

dg%2072_zpsskb4abjp.png

[/hide]

[hide=Dungeoneering 73]

dg%2073a_zpstzepvzt9.png

dg%2073b_zpsdqkywlsp.png

[/hide]

[hide=Dungeoneering 74]

dg%2074a_zpsoxlc9wat.png

[/hide]

[hide=Dungeoneering 75]

dg%2075a_zpsaqoicte4.png

dg%2075b_zpsmcq94vkg.png

[/hide]

My son spent most of that weekend asleep on the couch with his head in my lap, so I got to do a fair bit of Dungeoneering. Poor little guy was burning up with fever, I'm actually kind of lucky I didn't catch whatever it was. I'm also kind of lucky that my DG binds weren't as out of date as I was afraid they were. The last binds I remembered having were a Fractite spear and gauntlets. Fortunately, I was still here for the changes to the bind setups and was decked out fairly adequately with Bryll top and bottoms, Cosmic runes and a Catalytic staff.

Now the sharp eyed among you may have noticed that the boss just before I got 74 dropped a Bovistrangler wand, the best DG wand for free players! :D

dg%2074b_zps2ffrgaoo.png

I quickly upgraded the offensive power of my new toy by making myself a Catalytic orb, the better that I may run roughshod over the dungeons of Daemonheim. I've also added a Zephyrium maul to the mix for fighting Astea Frostweb when she protects from magic.

The floor that gave me 74 also gave me this:

dg%2074c_zpsbdqfyz4r.png

Hooray! A new floor to...What's that? We can't? Members only, eh? Oh well. Guess I'll just have to make do with the 35 I already have. :P

After the DG weekend the monthly skilling comp started, and the skill for May was Magic. I thought that was absolutely perfect! I could keep working on Smithing and take part in the comp at the same time. Unfortunately, this was around the time things really started going downhill for my dog so I didn't do very much. I gained another Smithing level, but that was about it.

[hide=Smithing 97]

smith%2097a_zpshatxqmjj.png

smith%2097b_zpspocvq9cf.png

[/hide]

Which was too bad because Medieval Kid didn't completely own this comp (heck, he barely cracked the top 10) and I would've had a real shot at a top 3 spot in this one. Alas, I gained just under 430k xp and merely placed 18th. Don't worry though, I have a feeling that I will redeem myself in the next one. ;)

And just because it finishes out everything I did in May, I will tell you that I also gained a Defence level from a treasure hunter lamp.

[hide=Defence 62]

def%2062_zpsg03l3k4a.png

[/hide]

And so we come to the end of May. Not bad eh? Two decent sized posts out of a month I was only active for a couple of weeks.  |^_^|

See you all next time, when I shall spin the tale of the Crafting competition. You see what I did there? "Spin"? "Crafting"? :lol: TTFN.

It's been nearly a week and that means it's time for another update, so welcome everyone to another instalment of the best RS blog on the 'net.  :-D

After a small break during the end of May and the beginning of July, I returned to RS just in time for another skilling competition. Well, I returned a couple days late but it was still early enough that I was able to make a good effort at it. Initially I started crafting some of the left over hard leather I had from way back when, but quickly decided that was just too damn slow. After looking into it a bit I sold off all the leather and started buying supplies to make diamond amulets. I know, I know...necklaces sell just as well and don't require stringing just to sell them, but the prices were just too close and I wouldn't have made any profit and most likely would have lost money. Normally I wouldn't mind that so much, but we're talking major losses here and I hate training skills at a loss (see my crappy Prayer level). Diamond ammys were guaranteed profit and it really didn't take that long to string them. All in all, I made about 13m profit by the end of the comp.  \:D/

As usual this skilling comp update comes with the obligatory image dump, so here we go...

[hide='Crafting 75]

craft%2075a_zpsi8g64yxi.png

craft%2075b_zpsuxzxyeeg.png

[/hide]

[hide='Crafting 76]

craft%2076a_zpslviebzjp.png

craft%2076b_zpsvst68u7h.png

[/hide]

[hide='Crafting 77]

craft%2077a_zpsxpvzpwwr.png

craft%2077b_zpsgfma4mk5.png

[/hide]

[hide='Crafting 78]

craft%2078a_zpsnuk9wc1w.png

craft%2078b_zpsm3qetq2o.png

[/hide]

[hide='Crafting 79]

craft%2079a_zpsrbhogo7o.png

craft%2079b_zpsw5hwpgvg.png

[/hide]

[hide='Crafting 80]

craft%2080a_zps92aaaklk.png

craft%2080b_zpsbwaacv1d.png

[/hide]

[hide='Crafting 81]

craft%2081a_zpsogrnfvfy.png

craft%2081b_zps0brekedd.png

[/hide]

[hide='Crafting 82]

craft%2082a_zpshttuhvb6.png

craft%2082b_zpsv82chtiu.png

[/hide]

[hide='Crafting 83]

craft%2083a_zpsbcpkppat.png

craft%2083b_zpshvsteirl.png

[/hide]

[hide='Crafting 84]

craft%2084a_zpsr9k88ftc.png

craft%2084b_zps53s6hid9.png

[/hide]

[hide='Crafting 85]

craft%2085a_zpstg9ouorj.png

craft%2085b_zpssl2ne1mo.png

[/hide]

[hide='Crafting 86]

craft%2086a_zps6wocgk0e.png

craft%2086b_zps9wjuzw95.png

[/hide]

[hide='Crafting 87]

craft%2087a_zpsj8gd9kz8.png

craft%2087b_zps5wzyfwke.png

[/hide]

[hide='Crafting 88]

craft%2088a_zpsfi1ww2cu.png

craft%2088b_zpswunw7eqn.png

[/hide]

I'd been waiting a long time to get my Crafting level up and I made the most of it. I'm only sorry that I didn't get it all the way to 90. :( If I'd started the comp on time I have a feeling I would have made it. Still, I got over 3m xp and ended up in 5th place. Not too bad at all.

TFS%20MSC%2048_zpsxpc5nodr.png

Once again Medieval Kid blew everyone else out of the water. From what I understand he spent the entire comp cutting diamonds. Must have cost him a pretty penny, but there's no denying his xp gains were absolutely incredible. Thanks in no small part to this we beat Free Players by over 43m xp!  :shock:

Once the comp was over I returned to Dororan and engraved another piece of jewellery for him for another 10k Crafting xp.

quest%20-%20gunnars%20ground4_zpszjbao6n

In between all of the Crafting levels, I also gained a Prayer level from mask pieces.

[hide=Pray 73]

pray%2073_zpsw0cf20lc.png

[/hide]

After the comp I returned to superheating and gained another Magic level bringing me one step closer.

[hide=Magic 97]

magic%2097_zpsrghnr1yd.png

[/hide]

This was also the point where I started using the new setup I told you about which allowed me to make progress so much faster.

In between all this I also did a couple of quests that had been released while I was away, as well as the new Gower quest which, while a bit long, was still kind of fun. But I think this is enough for now so that will have to be a tale for another day.

Until next time blog lovers.