Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Kaida23

Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

add me ingame kaida; we will have so much fun xping in f2p

great blog ya got here, cool to see how you've been doing this for so long and havent given up yet, alot of people just give it all up really fast

Thanks, Green Bird. It's always good to have new companions on my little journey through RuneScape. I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

You sir, are my hero.

It's in the title so I kind of have to be, don't I? ;) I got lucky with the coronets, as woodcutting turned out the be fastest way to collect resources and that's what I chose to do from day one. I was just using the event as an excuse to get my wc to level 90, but it worked out pretty well for the coronets as well. :thumbup:

add me ingame kaida; we will have so much fun xping in f2p

Done! Chat me up if you see me in-game.

btw - part 2 of my 4 month update should be up sometime this weekend.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Sorry everyone, I've been having problems with my blog the last couple of days. I haven't been able to see any posts, let alone make new ones. And it was only this one topic. I was able to view everything on the forums except my own blog, it was really weird. But it seems to have been corrected now, so I should be able get part 2 of my update posted sometime today.

A very big thank you to whichever crewbie(s) fixed this for me. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Lo, I am returned! Behold, my faithful flock, for I bring tidings of great joy that shall be to all 'Scapers! For while those with envy in their eyes and evil in their hearts have tried for the past week to prevent me from sharing the wisdom of my adventures with you, their efforts have been, ultimately, fruitless. I once again stand before you with tales of fantastical places visited and levels gained. Much praise and thanks to the crewbies who put up with my repeated account problem reports and did their best to restore my ability to post within my own blog (how's that for a weird glitch). May the gods of fortune smile upon them and bring them many rare and powerful SoF prizes!

But now, brothers and sisters, your long wait is over! I give you...

Kaida's 4 Month Update Part 2!: The RuneCrafting Competition

After completing the Crown of Seasons event I decided that I would get the rest of my skills in the 80's up to 90, with the long term goal of getting all my non-combats up to 90 eventually (why do I keep setting these ridiculous goals for myself? :?). With that in mind, I climbed the Wizard's tower and once again entered the technicolor world of Runespan.

I gained one level, and then it was announced that the TFS skilling competition for July would be RuneCrafting. How serendipitous! :grin:

As I'm sure you all know, a skill comp is often accompanied by a level up image dump and this one is no exception. So here we go:

[hide=RuneCrafting 87]

runecrafting87_zpse09ba89c.png

[/hide]

[hide=RuneCrafting 88]

runecrafting88a_zps52357406.png

runecrafting88b_zpsfe5aaa6e.png

[/hide]

[hide=RuneCrafting 89]

runecrafting89_zps6c4d445a.png

[/hide]

[hide=RuneCrafting 90]

runecrafting90a_zps2de6e195.png

runecrafting90b_zpsf530111f.png

[/hide]

[hide=RuneCrafting 91]

runecrafting91a_zpsa916ebf2.png

runecrafting91b_zpsc9dfc95a.png

[/hide]

[hide=RuneCrafting 92]

runecrafting92a_zps1a570c9d.png

runecrafting92b_zpsdcdf352f.png

[/hide]

As you can see, I went well past my goal of level 90 but it was all for a good cause: my beating the pants off everyone else! :twisted:

Yes faithful followers, I finally won one! \:D/ I finished the comp with over 2.9M xp gained, more than double that of second place. :shock:

...okay, so there were only three of us taking part, second place started halfway through and third place only did GOP for the entire time, but I still won, dammit! I can proudly say that for one brief, shining moment I was better than two other people who really didn't try. That's some Charlie Sheen level winning right there. :lol:

Once the comp was over, I started gathering supplies for getting Fishing and Crafting to 90 (DG really doesn't need supplies, and I didn't plan on doing it right away anyway). Feathers were easy, but the costs for making hard leather boots (hereafter known as hlbs) had begun spiking so I knew that by the time I was finished with them, I would have to sell them at a loss. Fortunately, I was able to buy 40k hard leather and 40k nats before the prices on everything really spiked, so, worst case scenario, I can still simply high alch them for a 30gp profit. :thumbsup:

I'm still plugging away at Smithing, and I'm currently a little over 100k xp from 95 Magic. I'm also going to be slowly working on Crafting where I have time, and Fishing is going to be coming courtesy of the Battle of Lumbridge...but once again, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Tune in next time for part 3 of my epic update series: "The Battle of Lumbridge" or "War! Good Gods Y'all!".

• Like 1

Just a quick mid-update update today. It's my week off, so I've been spending a lot of time cleaning my house and playing with my kids. :grin:

I wanted to show you all a cool prize I got from the SoF last night:

4dA14.PNG

I didn't even realize exquisite items were still available, I haven't seen one on the wheel in ages (or if I did, it didn't register). Now I have the staff and the sword. Of course, I also now have an off-hand weapon I can't use... <_< Oh well, the main hand sword is still a cool looking cosmetic item.

I'm hoping to get the next part of my mega-update up some time in the next couple of days.

• Like 1

fml got lured

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

fml got lured

gf ur bank

(bank of hopes)

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

We need penguins, but really where the heck did Kaida go?

last%20logged_zpsl2zneyr9.png

A think fog rolls in from the edge of the wilderness. From it a grey, dishevelled figure stumbles into the light and onto the smooth white stone of the Grand Exchange. Looking wildly around he grabs the first person he encounters and, shaking, almost pleads: "You there, what day is this? What year? What of donuts? TELL ME!"

"GTFO noob."

Confused and unsure, the stranger looks around and is suddenly assaulted by the sights and sounds of the busiest trading in hub in Gielinor. A girl in blue armor trimmed in white walks up to him. "Pls gve 1M. Im poor." He pushes her aside, but other voices quickly follow.

"Pls give"
"What outfit is that?"
"Buying!"
"Selling!"
"Dancing for coins"
"Looking for gf?"
"This place sucks"

Slowly, a wave of calm washes over him. A sense of familiarity. Suddenly memories long forgotten return. All is as it should be.

Kaida23 has come home.

Greetings once again blog fans. (If any of you are left of course :P)

I've been gone a long time and have now stumbled my way back to loving bosom of Tip.It and RuneScape. Recently I've been taken by a wave of nostalgia and logged back in to see how things have been in my absence. It's nice to see very little of either has changed. It all feels warm and familiar. I've spent a bit of time wandering around the game and, at least on the free servers, it seems very much the same. Also, I was pleasantly surprised to see the F2P United friend chat was still going, and that I'm still ranked. My account is still as I left it, will all the strange and wonderful items in my bank right where I left them. Although I have absolutely no idea why I have thousands of hard leather boots, and tens of thousands more hard leather. I guess I was training Crafting. Possibly for a clan competition. I just really don't remember.

leather%20boots_zpsqprv88az.png

(seriously, what the heck? :huh:)

I've been going over my blog a bit and apparently all the images I uploaded using Imageshack way back in the day are no longer there so a very VERY large portion of my blog is now missing pictures. I think I still have them all backed up somewhere, so maybe one day I'll reupload them. Also, none of the links in the first post work anymore so it looks like I'll have to spend some time fixing those.

On the forum side of things I'm obviously not a moderator anymore (you disappear for two years and they just kick you out! :P), but I am still a member of the Editorial Panel which was a nice surprise. I realize the Times isn't what it used to be, but I still messaged @Arceus to thank him for keeping me on the roster all this time.

Now, I'm sure you're all excited that I'm back but right now I honestly don't know how much I'm going to be playing or how often I'll be posting. I certainly won't be playing as much. Too much life, not enough time. You know, that old chestnut. I do have a bunch pictures from way back when I was still updating this blog that I never got around to posting, and I never did finish with that huge 4-month update that included the Battle of Lumbridge (which was supposed to be the next instalment). I think I'll work on finishing that over the next few days and then go from there.

For now though, I think I'll just be wandering about RS and seeing what's what. Well that, and apparently crafting. Just...so much crafting. :lol:

Until next time true believers. It's good to be back.

:)

Welcome back man. This community isn't I guess what it used to be 3 years ago but it is still going. There is about 10 of us who post once a week at least, even I don't update my blog that much sometimes and I still consider myself a pretty active user just from how little people post sometimes. And yeah I think in my blog too I have a lot of dead pictures and I'm not sure if I have them on my disk. Gonna be an issue because I find rs screenshots are so good at bringing back memories.

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

Hey Mish, good to see you're still here. :)

So I've re-read my entire blog (yes, the whole thing) and you're right, it's really missing something without the pictures. I guess I'll add that to my list of things to do. I did discover why I have so much leather though, apparently I had a crazy idea of getting all my non-combat skills to 90. I did some calculations and that won't be enough leather to get me to 90, but it will get me to 80 or so. Guess I'll have to stop there and do something else for a while.

That'll have to wait a bit though. Last night I rejoined TFS and lo and behold today is the beginning of a skilling competition so I'll be woodcutting for the next couple of weeks.  \:D/

I've not forgotten about my mega update that was interrupted by my vanishing act. I found the hard drive with all my pictures on it and it even has all the old pictures that are missing from my blog. All organized by skill and event. Apparently I used to be a lot more organized. :lol: The mega update may still be a while as I have nearly 100 pictures to sift though, but it will be coming. I'm hoping I get you all up to date sooner rather than later, I'll just have to leave out some of the flowery prose and storytelling I was planning on because frankly I just don't remember exactly everything that happened any more.

But after that things will get back to more like the way they were. Promise. ;)

Welcome [email protected]

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Welcome back Kaida!

Wouter... Like the wouter?

Thanks guys. :D

Just a quickie today blog lovers. It seems every time I log in to the game now I discover something new. Last night I found out that while I was gone veteran capes were made available to free players! And guess which free player has an account that's been around forever and a day?

I'll give you a hint:

vet%20capes_zpsrnoshn18.png

;)