Punk!

gago

I'm downright in love with Punk. My Chemical Romance is not Horror-Punk at all though. Horror Punk bands are the Misfits and Love Equals Death. MCR, while being one of my favorit bands, is Pop-Punk.

My Chem, Anti-Flag, Misfits, Rise Against and Bad Religion are some of the best Punk Bands out there. I don't consider Sum 41 Punk. -.-

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with you fully aquariusman. Like I said before, The Decline is the single best punk song ever made. It's just so [bleep] true.

I forget to mention that you were right. I'm pretty sure it's the only Progressive Punk song I've heard. Unfortunately I don't think there is an unabridged version of the song on Youtube.

[hide=The Decline, By NOFX][yt]DCz8PNvABO0[/yt]

[yt]sM6KF_Pz0mc[/yt][/hide]

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Obligatory:

minor_threat_cover_blue.jpg

My Favorites:

Good Guys(don't wear white)

Guilty for being white

Screaming at a wall

Straight edge

In my eyes

Look Back and laugh

...And... Out Of Step

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

[yt]gYIZknR30w0[/yt]

How do you do?

I don't think that we've met.

My name is Ian,

and I'm from Minor Threat!

When every man is torn apart

With nightmares and with dreams

Will no one lay the laurel wreath

When silence drowns the screams?

sirstickykey.png

[yt]gYIZknR30w0[/yt]

How do you do?

I don't think that we've met.

My name is Ian,

and I'm from Minor Threat!

What album?

My pure's stats:

I hate the Sex Pistols, but The Ramones and The Clash are pretty good bands. The message of punk never really interested me, but I'm all for fast, simple catchy songs.

As for the whole classification thing, it's not black and white. In my opinion a lot of the bands you listed are influenced by punk and have elements of punk in them, but I wouldn't call them punk. Some of The White Stripes songs are quite punky but they're not really a punk band. But it's here nor there.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Out of Step, IIRC. It's also on the Complete Discography album.

Lyric wise, that your favorite song? Mine is probably Straight Edge. but for guitar: In My Eyes

My pure's stats:

Unbroken is a pretty awesome hardcore band.
Adding to this; Refused is pretty sweet too.

Add hatebreed and Unearth.

My pure's stats:

My all time favourite punk band has gotta be Nofx.

Other bands in the punk world I like are,

Rancid

Capdown

Catch 22

Streetlight Manifesto

Less than Jake

Solabeat Alliance

Mad Caddies

Sonic Boom Six

some of these are more skapunk aswell but sick right?

Lameo3.png

Joined RS Dec 24th 2004.

99 Hunter 14.08.09 10084th

99 Cooking 17.06.11 188188th

<< Drum and Bass

My all time favourite punk band has gotta be Nofx.

Other bands in the punk world I like are,

Rancid

Capdown

Catch 22

Streetlight Manifesto

Less than Jake

Solabeat Alliance

Mad Caddies

Sonic Boom Six

some of these are more skapunk aswell but sick right?

There is a Youtube video of Streetlight covering Linoleum live. I personally thought it was awesome.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

• 1 month later...
Unbroken is a pretty awesome hardcore band.
Adding to this; Refused is pretty sweet too.

Add hatebreed and Unearth.

Hatebreed is horrible.

they aren't bad, name one reason why!

I like them because they can hang out with local people (I don't live in Flordia)

My pure's stats:

I'll throw in a few bands:

In no order of course.

-[rooster] Sparrer

-The Buzz[roosters]

-Stiff Little Fingers

-L7

-Uk Subs

-Rancid

-Oxymoron

-Agent Orange

-Sex Pistols

-The Clash

-The Ramones

-The Misfits

-The Jam

-Black Flag

-The Adicts

-The [bleep]ies

-Iggy Pop and The Stooges (not really Punk but they did pioneer it quite a bit)

That's it for now, I'll go digging and find some more later.

645th to 99 Agility.

I'm always up for a good chat, feel free to pm.

The punk I've been listening to

Flag of Democracy

Gogol Bordello (Gypsy Punk)

The Clash

Andrew W.K. (Not entirely punk)

Punk isn't a great genre. You have to sift thought a lot of crap though.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I can't believe you're calling Fall Out Boy and MCR punk...

Oh well. Some of my favorites are Rise Against, Strike Anywhere, and Rancis.

MCR is soooo punk. :lol:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Damn. I got really excited when I saw this thread, thinking that I might find someone who knew about REAL punk! But I guess not.. :(

Seriously... Fall Out Boy, Green Day, Blink 182?! Dude.... -.-

Some GOOD punk bands/albums

The Jam

If I had to pick my favorite album of all time, The Jam's "This is the Modern World" would DEFINITELY be in the top 3, probably number 1 actually. Every song on it is amazing, really catchy and awesome lyrics (lyrics that are actually about something, not just blah blah blah I like this girl blah blah blah). Also, In the City is a great album. The Jam is very along the lines of The Clash, although they kind of followed in The Clash's footsteps, going downhill after they got somewhat popular (One of their later albums had a brass section in it... A brass section?! In PUNK?!?!)

The Clash

I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that you had The Clash on there, but when I saw London Calling in your favorite songs, I practically pissed my pants. The Clash are great, they're phenominal. Their first album, that is. The Clash's self titled album has some great garage-band punk on it, right up there with the rebelliousness (is that a word? O.O) of the Sex Pistols etc, and some really solid punk. Then came London Calling, and... well, anyone who has heard The Clash's first album and then heard London Calling knows what I'm talking about. What the hell happened? It went from awesome, in-your-face punk, to stupid wanna-be classic rock crap. Sure, London Calling is a good song, but not a good example of a great punk song. If all you have of the Clash is London Calling, go buy their first album. Like, seriously, get it ASAP. You will be pleasantly surprised if you like good punk.

The Stiff Little Fingers

If you like the Sex Pistols, you will LOVE The Stiff Little Fingers. They're from Ireland, and most of their music is about when England controlled Ireland (I don't know the exact details of it all, not much of a history buff myself, but I think thats what it was). All of their lyrics are AWESOME, look up the lyrics to "alternative ulster", or "rough trade", and you'll see what I mean. They're a really really great punk band, and any fan of punk needs to have them. period.

The Sex Pistols

You already have them, and most people know about them. Of course, a great punk rock band, was in the beginning of it all, and Sid Vicious is one of the best images of punk rock.

The Buzz[roosters]

The Buzz[roosters]... damn. What a great band, the singer, Pete Shelley, has one of the most unique voices you'll hear, and its AWESOME. I'd strongly suggest getting the album "Singles Going Steady", obviously all of their singles, which is also in the top 3 of the best albums I own. Every song is phenominal, and they're all very catchy, and well... just awesome. Really, if you like punk, you NEED the Buzz[roosters].

The Undertones

The Undertones sound a lot like The Buzz[roosters], and the singer, Feargal Sharkey, sounds a lot like The Buzz[roosters]' Pete Shelley. Both of their albums, "The Undertones" and "Hypnotized" don't have a bad song on them. If you like the Buzz[roosters] a lot, you'll like the Undertones.

Iggy and the Stooges

I think I saw that you had the stooges on there, and good for you :D. I actually don't have much of the Stooges myself, but I need to get some, and Iggy Pop is what I consider to be like the "godfather" of punk. He's so crazy and just embodied what punk is supposed to be. Great stuff.

The New York Dolls

The New York Dolls are very interesting, (they dressed up like girls, with makeup and wigs and all that... ya. :shock:) but have some really good punk music. In my opinion one of the best punk songs of all time, and hell, one of the best songs of all time, is the New York Dolls' "Personality Crisis".

The Ramones

I'm assuming you already had The Ramones on there. The Ramones are great, pretty much all you can say. Classic, hard power-chord, no thrills, punk rock. Awesome XD

Joy Division

Definitely a little different than your average punk rock, but still is great stuff. They have a lot of songs about the Holocaust, (obviously opposed to it...) and the singer has a really deep voice that is quite unique. If you don't have Joy Division you should get some, any punk fan needs to have them.

Well, I hope I've educated you on some good punk rock bands. These are just some of my favorite punk bands, and if you don't have any of them, seriously, you should get them. I used to be into classic rock, and then my dad started getting me into punk rock, which he was into in when it was all going on, and still is (along with a ton of other weirdo and different music. Not your average Dad ;) ), and since then, I've never looked back. I love punk!

I'll be keeping tabs on this thread, I love talking about music :P

Edit: I looked at some of the replies here, and I guess it isn't all bad... Paul00 knows whats up :P . But what the hell? Fall out Boy? Rage Against the Machine? GAH! what has happened to the world?!

Damn. I got really excited when I saw this thread, thinking that I might find someone who knew about REAL punk! But I guess not.. :(

Every band in your list has been mentioned multiple times. Get off your high horse, being a pretentious [puncture] isn't punk, it is [bleep]ing annoying.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Rage Against the Machine? GAH! what has happened to the world?!

:cry:

You make me cry inside.

Hardcore or whatever its called is like a sub genre of punk right?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Rage Against the Machine? GAH! what has happened to the world?!

:cry:

You make me cry inside.

Hardcore or whatever its called is like a sub genre of punk right?

Do people seem to think I like lose sleep over people not liking rage?
- From an earlier thread.

Yes.

You make me cry inside.

This is approximatley the 8th time this month.

You cry inside every time anyone bad mouths Rage. I'm counting :XD: