Punk!

gago

Rage Against the Machine? GAH! what has happened to the world?!

:cry:

You make me cry inside.

Hardcore or whatever its called is like a sub genre of punk right?

Since when is Rage Against The Machine punk? I haven't listened to them too much, but what I've heard just sounds like alternative rock, somewhat on the lines of hardcore. And don't they do the whole hardcore rapping thing?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god I love peoples reactions.

Rage is not anywhere near punk.

And :lol:, if people actually think I'm being serious.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I can't believe you're calling Fall Out Boy and MCR punk...

Oh well. Some of my favorites are Rise Against, Strike Anywhere, and Rancis.

Yet you might call old green day and Misfits punk... THINK ABOUT THEM.

The drummer of fall out boy was in a hardcore punk band (as I have read)

I hung out with a pair of twins (in middle school, It helped me make a name for myself) who play pop punk they have made it big in California (one even has a picture with Paris Hilton).

for me POP punk is like country with rock and roll... Not all might like it but you have to sift though to find the good stuff... Johny cash and Green day basket case(I don't listen to my pop friends music more then once a year).

Check out this band!

http://www.myspace.com/lionslions

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

You make me cry inside.

Do people seem to think I like lose sleep over people not liking rage?
- From an earlier thread.

Yes.

You make me cry inside.

This is approximatley the 8th time this month.

You cry inside every time anyone bad mouths Rage. I'm counting :XD:

:lol: I think he laughs at the face of anyone who bad mouths Rage as opposed to crying.

But man, you counted? XD

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Oh god I love peoples reactions.

Rage is not anywhere near punk.

And :lol:, if people actually think I'm being serious.

Well when you say that Rage is "hardcore which is a sub genre of punk", it makes it sound like you're saying its punk... -.-

Damn. I got really excited when I saw this thread, thinking that I might find someone who knew about REAL punk! But I guess not.. :(

Every band in your list has been mentioned multiple times. Get off your high horse, being a pretentious [puncture] isn't punk, it is [bleep] annoying.

Chill, bro, I said that after reading some of the replies that it wasn't all bad. And I wasn't really flipping out about it, more trying to educate the OP on some good punk, because I hate it when people say they're fans of punk but all they know is the Sex Pistols and the Clash (especially London Calling *shiver*), along with all the Green Day and Blink 182 crap.

Well when you say that Rage is "hardcore which is a sub genre of punk", it makes it sound like you're saying its punk... -.-

It would help if you could read my post.

You make me cry inside.

I never connect Rage to Hardcore or punk in anyway.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Damn. I got really excited when I saw this thread, thinking that I might find someone who knew about REAL punk! But I guess not.. :(
Too bad that punk is the worst genre of music ever.

I'm not even being ignorant. Almost 100% of the time, the musicians don't have a f*cking clue as to what they're doing and the results of this really show up in the music. I really can't stand the scratchiness and disjointedness of punk, bar a few 90s hardcore bands. Plus, I'm not a fan of straightforwardly outspoken political lyrics in music; sure, you can do this, but I really like some kind of intelligent wrapping for them.

Punk isn't about being intelligent, though. I guess I don't agree with the music or the mentality. (oh, and the fact that post-hardcore and (early) emo are far better genres)

Too bad that punk is the worst genre of music ever.

I'm not even being ignorant. Almost 100% of the time, the musicians don't have a f*cking clue as to what they're doing and the results of this really show up in the music. I really can't stand the scratchiness and disjointedness of punk, bar a few 90s hardcore bands. Plus, I'm not a fan of straightforwardly outspoken political lyrics in music; sure, you can do this, but I really like some kind of intelligent wrapping for them.

Punk isn't about being intelligent, though. I guess I don't agree with the music or the mentality. (oh, and the fact that post-hardcore and (early) emo are far better genres)

Can't argue with you there, your totally right. Most punk bands had absolutely no idea how to play, (I play guitar, and well... I suck, but I can figure out a punk song in a couple minutes...) and especially to a trained musician, it sounds like [cabbage]. I believe it was Joy Division that formed after they saw the Sex Pistols perform, with the attitude "Hey, they totally suck. If they can do it, we can do it too".

But meh, I love it. And I have to disagree with you, I love the political lyrics in punk, and I hate stupid lyrics about love and all that other meaningless (imo) crap.

You make me cry inside.

I never connect Rage to Hardcore or punk in anyway.

Considering that I'M talking about Rage, and that you say it makes you cry inside because hardcore is a sub genre of punk, it certainly makes it seem like your connecting Rage to the fact that I'm implying that it isn't punk, and you're implying that it is hardcore which is a sub genre of punk.

...If you weren't connecting the two then I suppose you were just saying a random sentence that was completely unrelated to anything in your post? :?

Love now done off as meaningless crap. Hm.

Before you said that you also said that you 'love' punk. I wonder how meaningfull your admiration for the genre is, then. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I hung out with a pair of twins (in middle school, It helped me make a name for myself) who play pop punk they have made it big in California (one even has a picture with Paris Hilton).

Yeah, when you have a picture of yourself with Paris Hilton, you can say you actually achieved something in your life. It really is one of the things you need to have done at least once. Awesome.

2dvjurb.png

Love now done off as meaningless crap. Hm.

Before you said that you also said that you 'love' punk. I wonder how meaningfull your admiration for the genre is, then. :)

Are you talking about me? I said that I hate lyrics that are meaningless crap, like "I love you blah blah blah", which so many songs have.

I love the political lyrics in punk, and I hate stupid lyrics about love and all that other meaningless (imo) crap.

When I say "stupid lyrics about love and all that other meaningless crap", I'm talking about the lyrics in most other music, which are, imo, meaningless crap :)

...If you weren't connecting the two then I suppose you were just saying a random sentence that was completely unrelated to anything in your post? :?

Actually yes, I like to try and contribute something to the thread after I post meaningless spamfilled comments.

Inside Out is definitely my favorite punk-ish band, go figure.

Followed by the Dead Kennedys and that is really all the punk I listen to.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Turns out I hate regular punk, who knew?

That being said, who wants to recommend me some post-hardcore or some other form of hardcore?

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Actually yes, I like to try and contribute something to the thread after I post meaningless spamfilled comments.

Inside Out is definitely my favorite punk-ish band, go figure.

Followed by the Dead Kennedys and that is really all the punk I listen to.

You're strange. -.-

That being said, who wants to recommend me some post-hardcore or some other form of hardcore?

I'd reccomend Husker Du (two dots over the u). I don't listen to much hardcore but they're kind of hardcore-ish, and they're really good.

The Fall of Troy. =P~ They'd be considered hardcore, I love 'em.

Even though The Fall of Troy is great I would not consider them anything close to hardcore.

But maybe my view of what hardcore is totally different then yours.

I would consider them (maybe post hardcore) progressive rock?

Ughh I dont know, genres piss me off sometimes.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Even though The Fall of Troy is great I would not consider them anything close to hardcore.

But maybe my view of what hardcore is totally different then yours.

I would consider them (maybe post hardcore) progressive rock?

Ughh I dont know, genres piss me off sometimes.

I just looked at the Last.Fm tags of them; hardcore and post-hardcore were the predominant ones (progressive was like the 5th most tagged I guess). I don't really have any particular view on what hardcore is/isn't, as I don't listen to that much of it. Either way it's a good band.

I would say The Fall of Troy is screamo.

That fits. :lol:

I just hate calling music screamo because then (almost) everybody (in real life) goes OMFG WHY YOU LISTEN TO EMO MUSIC!

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I would say The Fall of Troy is screamo.

That fits. :lol:

I just hate calling music screamo because then (almost) everybody (in real life) goes OMFG WHY YOU LISTEN TO EMO MUSIC!

However, if you call it "post-hardcore" their reply will most likely be "wut."

Are you talking about me? I said that I hate lyrics that are meaningless crap, like "I love you blah blah blah", which so many songs have.

No, that wasn't what you said. But whatever.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!