The Chronicles of Dagon'Hai - Runescape Movie -

Den

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are ok, but I think you really need to tighten some parts up. Like, first thing that comes to my mind is the scene where you're killing monks...lousy monks...and you hit a few 0s with your spells. I would retape the scene until you can possibly one hit each of the monks or at least not hit the zeros. You want us to be afraid of these characters, right? Well, I'm laughing at them.

Secondly, some of the language seems a little bit juvenile. It's as though you can tell it's a younger person or a child writing some of the text. This isn't a criticism against you, but if you want us to be more afraid of the characters you have to mature them.

And lastly, I don't understand how a child throwing a snowball can break this supposed legendary sword. At that point I was like...wow...I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be taking this seriously ot laughing the whole way through. Don't want to confused your audiences, you know. Make dramatic parts clearly dramatic and then add bits of comedy in small but obvious doses.

And also, I like how you had the character walking to places like the cave for dramatic effect, but it got overbearing. If you make me watch you walk around for 2 out of 5 of the minutes, I'm going to get bored.

In short, great job, but nothing spectacular. I just think things need tightened.

(You didnt say anything about the latest one.) :-w

The first trailer was very hard to make. I couldnt find anyone willing to help.

Almost everyone either said "Nah, I have better things to do" or "I dont have dagon hai robes".

It is the first trailer though, so of course some things will change for the final piece.

(There were no 0's by the way. They got hit 2 times with both hits dealing damage.)

For the second one, everything was done fairly fast

I was rushed to get it done before christmas, and I even found some clips with faults in after I uploaded it.

The sword was ancient, and I believe he said that when he found it.

You could think of it as a very sensetive barrows weapon, then think of it getting hit with 3 balls of ice.

The second one doesnt have any clips for the movie itself. It was made as a holiday thing.

Anyway, now that I have more people willing to help, the scenes will be getting better.

It's not exactly legendary if snowballs can break it, and obviously of absolutely no use. The second you hit something with it it would crumble. And sure you can re-forge broken weapons and armor. But I'm afraid if it's weak enough for a couple snowballs to break it, then it wasn't well made, and it's never going to be useful. Look at real world ancient weaponry, swords from the Roman Era still exist as much as thousands of years old, and you certainly couldn't break them without trying really hard. Not a well thought out concept Den, sorry.

And Like I said before, he's right about the language. It's very juvenile. If you're not good with dialogue I suggest you bring in someone to help out on that aspect. Other than that the videos look great. The new one looked really good.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Really sorry that i couldn't be there :(

I did try though! I even contacted you asnd asked if it was still on (Irony much?)

I was int he fight caves when I spoke to you, so I tried to rush the whoel thing, im at wave 51 as im typing this, I never did finish as i had to go for dinner, so I couldn't get there :(

Again, i'm really sorry, if theres anything fater this, please ask, and i'll come straight away.

Edit - Died Writing this.....

2v8sgvs.png

These are actually kinda good for Runescape movies. Much better than what I've seen before. Though with the voice acting you may want to be careful; it would make it more interesting, but bad voice acting could completely ruin the entire movie.

Really sorry that i couldn't be there :(

I did try though! I even contacted you asnd asked if it was still on (Irony much?)

I was int he fight caves when I spoke to you, so I tried to rush the whoel thing, im at wave 51 as im typing this, I never did finish as i had to go for dinner, so I couldn't get there :(

Again, i'm really sorry, if theres anything fater this, please ask, and i'll come straight away.

Edit - Died Writing this.....

:lol:

wl7w9j.png

This movie seems to be the best one I have seen this far. I'm willing to help if you need any, however I haven't completed any of those quests your talking about. My RSN is Swedishboy7, PM me in game if you want to :). I would be very happy to help :).

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I'd love to help, is there place for a sailor somewhere?

Possibly. :P

We got some clips edited.

52 minutes got us two minutes of film. :lol:

I will be lurking around my studio now.

Also Den, you should set a higher standard on what to wear.. Well at least for the dagon hai's...

Imo it seems kinda weird to see those mighty dagon hai mages running around with godswords, d claws, whips etc.

If you want them so seem even more mighty and evil, they should all be on ancient magics and use it..

Well just my 2 cents :b

Anyway it was still fun to help you out, and just pm me if you need anyhelp again ;)

crazymonster.png

Dragon: Platelegs[3] Plateskirts[4] D boots[46] Shield left halfs[2] D long (D imp)[1] D arrowtips (D imp)[202]

GWD Splits: Shards [2] GWD Solo: Shards [1]

Slayer: Black masks[1] G Mauls[10] Whips[4]

Den I would be more than happy to do whatever I can do help. One problem: I haven't completed 'while guthix sleeps', I hope that's not a problem. Feel free to add me in game, Sumondskull6. I have Dagon'Hai robes and white knight armor for whip + BGS.

Hopefully I'll have myself a SGS soon, seeing as I've got 12m in the bank + the bgs. not too far off the goal, so that's another SGS if you need someone with one and don't already have someone with one.

Please reply,

~Sumondskull6

Sumondskull6.png

Hey man, sorry I wasn't there on Friday. I got my times mixed up and could not have been there anyways = (

If you need any help though I would gladly helped out. I have both white knight and Dagon'hai costumes as I said before. Username is Lostthepoint, feel free to PM me if you need help. I'll keep watching this thread though if you need help.

Again, sorry I missed it.

Just a question, where do you get the music for your movies?

ROFL :lol: :lol:

It's RS music silly ::'

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

ffs den.... You dragged me all the way from your channel to your new video link to the chronicles of dagon'hai channel to another video link to here..... Just put me into your video already and submit your movie. :P

[hide=Secrety hush hush stuff]If you didn't get it I want to be in your movie..... after I become p2p again[/hide]

gl! =D>

Also Den, you should set a higher standard on what to wear.. Well at least for the dagon hai's...

Imo it seems kinda weird to see those mighty dagon hai mages running around with godswords, d claws, whips etc.

If you want them so seem even more mighty and evil, they should all be on ancient magics and use it..

Well just my 2 cents :b

Anyway it was still fun to help you out, and just pm me if you need anyhelp again ;)

Well the thing for the dagon hai's I think they should be able to wield god swords and d claws but whips just don't look evil enough. Think about it lashing at someone with a whip or clawing people with d claws or smashing them with a god sword? But then they could be on ancient magics too.

Glokstar2727.png

glokstar2727.png

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.