The "feel" of armor these days...

Myweponsg00d

I've never played in RSC, however it's true that armour, ruen espescially, looks liek rubber and plastic. Another thing is robes on female characters. Jagex should make it an option to have bare midriff, it looks horrible with a blue skirt :shame:

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowdays the 'best' looks needs [bleep]ed and points. Personally i like big round shiny metal plates that look like real medeival, but its a shame rune is the limit with that.

Its annoying that the best arours barely cover any of your body though, somebody wearing verac's would really have less defence than robes, and get their arm cut off in seconds. The same go's for bandos too.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

personally, we could use more variety in armors. everyone starts to look the same, no matter what combo of barrows/bandos your wearing. i wish that we could wear decorative armors over our normal armor, looks and stats ftw? <3: if we could do that, id wear full saradomin everywhere <3:

And then you can trick people in PVP that you're only wearing iron when in actuality you're wearing Bandos... :|

well it would be disabled for pvp, obviusly.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

RSC looks like Lego to me. I prefer RS2 models, especially HD, now that armour has a shine to it to make it's metal properties more distinguishable.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

a few people have brought up a good point. everyone does start to look the same, especially in f2p where the only thing that changes is the color. i think lower level armor suck as iron, steel.. should look very basic and regular, and the higher armours (remember this is f2p) such as mith, addy and rune should look progressivly more detailed, and complex. it would add variety to the armor, besides just a color change.

i also think that trimmed armor as well as god armor, sara, zammy and guth should have more detail in the trim, not just a line of color. that way they might actually look like the several million they are worth.

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

a few people have brought up a good point. everyone does start to look the same, especially in f2p where the only thing that changes is the color. i think lower level armor suck as iron, steel.. should look very basic and regular, and the higher armours (remember this is f2p) such as mith, addy and rune should look progressivly more detailed, and complex. it would add variety to the armor, besides just a color change.

i also think that trimmed armor as well as god armor, sara, zammy and guth should have more detail in the trim, not just a line of color. that way they might actually look like the several million they are worth.

I think there should be a few new types of trims which you have to kill something for instead of it being buyable.

Zerker_jane.png

I do think that Jagex should update the graphics of armour/other equipment to make them look better, they are outdated and hopefully Jagex do that at some point this year as part of their upgrade year.

I loved the item icons in RSC (what you see in your inventory) it's something that I feel is missing in RS2, the majority of the items are "plain" and just generally boring.

I've always been on the strategic side of items, not caring for looks or price but rather the stats, but I do see what you guys are saying. The appearances of many of these items are way too outdated, and some appearances are just illogical, even for a video game. Now, if they gave some explanation for the Bandos chest and Verac's, such as being magically enchanted, then it would be less illogical, but they should make it so that the stats actually make sense.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

I agree.

Full bandos + slayer helm + dfs makes you look like a porcupine. When did they get the idea that [bleep]y armor was the coolest?

dont forget dragon armor!!! zomg morre [bleep]ez!!

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

The armour should be remodeled. the basic armour is a bit outdated. It should show the leathergarments you need below the plates, as well as the chainmail. Maybe there could be new types of armour. i have loads of ideas on this subject, but jagex would be too much of a wuss to completly remodel the way you do combat.

The armour should be remodeled. the basic armour is a bit outdated. It should show the leathergarments you need below the plates, as well as the chainmail. Maybe there could be new types of armour. i have loads of ideas on this subject, but jagex would be too much of a wuss to completly remodel the way you do combat.

thats kinda what im getting at too. chainmail, in my opinion looks horrible in game and looks nothing like what it should. jeez jagex watch lord of the rings... :-# the chain mail in those movies looks freaking awesome..most of the people wore that instead of plate mail.

i also think that coifs and med helms are the ugliest things to walk the face of runescape and really need a grahics overhaul. :pray:

I was actually thinking that they could borrow their own slayer helm concept of taking items and combining them to make better items by taking the chainmail and platemail and combining them together.

And I like the [bleep]es. :shock: :o :ohnoes: :roll:

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

The only armour that I have a problem with is Verac's. The skirt on a male character looks simply ugly; I changed to a girl to save my eyes. Clearly, Verac's Platelegs is not an option here. In fact, all armour on boys looks a bit... I'm not entirely sure, but not really right.

runescapess162607v.jpg

Dragon drops: Half shield(cs), med helm(cs) Chainbody (cs) (I do a lot of monster hunting with my clan!

Barrows: Guthan's plateboy [1]

GWD: None yet, only done a few trips

Others: I'd love to be able to let you know.

GentleAura.png

Since this is a topic about graphics, I'm going to have to say that I hate the look of almost everything in HD. :shock:

All the textures look forced and terrible but that's probably just me. I always have and probably always will play on the lowest detail settings possible.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

kinddd of see where your going with this.. its a matter of opinion

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Since this is a topic about graphics, I'm going to have to say that I hate the look of almost everything in HD.

All the textures look forced and terrible but that's probably just me. I always have and probably always will play on the lowest detail settings possible.

I agree that on some armours, they look fake and "rubbery" in HD, but over-all, the HD graphic's look pretty darn good to me \'

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I was thinking about this at work today...is anybody else disappointed with the "feel" or look of the runescape armor? This probably comes from me being an RSC player...but I miss my huge, shiny, PLATE body from RSC...observe:

rotating%20runescape%20soldier.gif

I wont post a full-rune picture from RS2 because obviously you all know what that looks like.

Also, the dragon metal looked way cooler in RSC...the med was a bright red helm that actually looked like metal armor. Today's dragon medium looks like rubber. In RSC, we got to use a shiny red sword or a shiny red axe for our best weapons....now what do we have? A dull black string of saussages that we call a whip.

And just look at the best non-degrading melee armor...full bandos. The top covers only a fraction of your body. The bottoms share this same problem and look less like an armored skirt and more like a mini skirt. RSC characters in armor looked big, dramatic and muscular...our current plate body model makes our arms look stupidly skinny...

However, I do have to say that I really enjoy the look of the third age sets...but those are currently unavailable to the average population. Also, I do like the look of armadyl ranged armor, and I think that infinity is also pretty good looking, and Ahrims isn't that bad. Unfortunately most melee sets seem to have the look of being made out of rubber.

Anyone want to share their opinion on this subject? Or am I the only one who cares about this...

cheaper to make? :lol: (not)

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

I totally agree that the rune armour makes out arms look stupidly skinny, but it still looks great in HD.

However, what really gets me is that just about all of the best armour (which is just ludicrously unaffordable) looks more like the (thin and un-protective) clothing of a stripper, as opposed to the solid and impenetrable armour of a might warrior...

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Not strictly to do with armour, but still related to the topic at hand.

I was thinking of, being able to trade your weapon for a different weapon with exactly the same stats, but there are like 40 types of these weapons, and they are all untradable, and if you want to sell them on, you can trade back for the original weapon. You could choose the weapon base and the colour schemes, and the custom weapons could not be used in PvP. The weapons able to be customised would be Whip, sara sword, godsword, zamorak spear, dragon scimitar, dragon longsword, and the range weapons, dark bow, rune crossbow, crystal bow, magic shortbow....mage weapons as well, but only really ancient staves and mystic battlestaves.

2Xeo5.png

Not strictly to do with armour, but still related to the topic at hand.

I was thinking of, being able to trade your weapon for a different weapon with exactly the same stats, but there are like 40 types of these weapons, and they are all untradable, and if you want to sell them on, you can trade back for the original weapon. You could choose the weapon base and the colour schemes, and the custom weapons could not be used in PvP. The weapons able to be customised would be Whip, sara sword, godsword, zamorak spear, dragon scimitar, dragon longsword, and the range weapons, dark bow, rune crossbow, crystal bow, magic shortbow....mage weapons as well, but only really ancient staves and mystic battlestaves.

it kinda is on topic..but kinda not. the topic is about how armour/weapons looks now and other graphic mistakes/improvements.

so basically your saying you would be able to pick the color of your weapon? godsword wouldnt b able to do this..you already have 4 different hilts...