Looking at people buying their XP sorta makes me wanna cry..

dannyb103

Where did the old Runescape go? When everything was not all about money to buy skills. When prayer wasn't trained by buying bones for 2k each then running to Guilded Alters with your war tortoise for weeks (or bull ant... or terrorbird).

Other than herblore and farming, I mostly DIY train. (With acception to my 56 construction which I speed trained because I thought I could be one of the first to 99.. then realized how expensive it would be... :oops: )

I know this rant is sort of falsified by the logical opinion of "people have every right to do what they want, it's just a game", but it sort of reflects the world of greed we live in.

Runescape is and will always be a peaceful place where I can just mine 1k iron ore and 2k coal, make 200 steel bodies and alch without having to worry about greedy merchants at the G.E.

It also upsets me when I see untrimmed fishing, mining, and WC capes. Not just because they're selling their goods for pure/instant profit, but because they could have manufactured ALL that stuff collected and gotten another skill to 99.

People do not realize the logic behind how easy Jagex made it to level up manufacturing skills. The reason why the XP ratios are so higher is not to make them buyable, that was not their intention, I'm sure! But instead, it gives people the freedom to level up in both skills, and have the choice to sell some of their extra raw goods if they wish.

Note: I am not claiming that every XP that I have on my account is DIY, and that I haven't bought/sold raw goods for XP or cash. I am simply saying that people could have higher resource skills AND their secondary skills if they played the game how it was originally meant to be played.

edit: Not to mention that for example... if you fished/cooked. You'd lose some of the potential profit, but you're still making pure profit anyways. And mining is better than wasting half of your investment in gold ore (since gold bars are like half the price of gold ores or something rediculous as that)

so You're mad at people for choosing to pay someone else for a service, rather than just doing it themself? That makes no sense. By your logic, we should have no economy and RS should be individual.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really was the skillcapes that made secondary skills go down the drain. Everyone wants skill capes, and if you can make profit doing these skills, and its fast, it was inevitable the profit wouldn't last long. I like to be self sufficient also. I farm my own herbs, quite often I mine my own ore to make my own arrows, I kill my own dragons for prayer and crafting exp, etc. :P It's how I choose to play. Yes, I wish we could go back to the time when secondary skills were actually worth looking at, but there isn't anything we can do.

I'm going for 99 smithing. I'm pure f2p, and yes, I'm buying all my supplies. I've been playing for 4-5 years, and I just decided to go for 99 smithing (my first 99) this past February...And, to my satisfaction, I am not going for this just for the skillcape. I was just training it when it was level 51 and decided I liked it and wanted to get 99 in it. Although, I may get a skillcape after I get it...

But I do agree that skillcapes ruined a lot of 99 skills. It sort of sucks. But runescape is filled with many people that ruin the game...

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Hold on,

So you're ranting because I choose to spend 3 and a half months of hard work, fishing endlessly, so I could sell my lobsters for money- so I can afford to work for 99 mage; as opposed to cooking all the lobsters I have gathered so I can achieve 99 in a pointless skill?

I fail to see your logic in this.

Hard work x time = money.

Money x skill = 99

therefore, you're spending time and effort on getting said skill to 99.

Regardless of what you say/rant about, I'm going to be spending money on 99 mage..

Unless that is, you want me to cast "home teleport" the whole way there.

"God must be asleep."

If Jagex wanted us to use the items we gain though primary skills like mining, fishing, etc. they would make it worthwhile to bank them, and they would make high level things like sharks worthwhile xp.

But no they insist on giving the best training methods either low level rewards or placing them across the map from a bank.

satan_panda.png