Pray-X....GF Prayer Cape

rhupajiva

I am a huge fan of Jagex's minor fixes....but the Pray-X option is going a bit too far...

This option isn't like Cook-X or Fletch-X...this has implications for the sense of achievement getting a combat level...

Am I misguided in my opinion?

Edit - All of us close to 138 will have to pay a looooooooooooooooot more to max out =(

rhupajiva.png

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elaborate on the "why" please. I don't see what's wrong with it. It isn't faster, it just removes the clicking frenzy.

And thus removing the whole point behind training a boring skill. It's like auto-completing an agility course.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Elaborate on the "why" please. I don't see what's wrong with it. It isn't faster, it just removes the clicking frenzy.

Of course you dont see whats wrong with it, you got 99 already.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Its removing the "hard" part of prayer.....I HATED training prayer....This made the achievement of getting a level far more satisfying....Once I get 96 summoning (got it banked), I will be able to afk train prayer....

rhupajiva.png

And thus removing the whole point behind training a boring skill. It's like auto-completing an agility course.

No, because you still need to buy the bones, bring them to your altar, light the burners and reload. The clicking frenzy just had no point, next to destroying your wrists. It costs more time now, you're just saving your joints.

Of course you dont see whats wrong with it, you got 99 already.

That's a load of crap. Please keep your arguments to yourself.

Lol Bauke, feel free to get off your throne anytime narb.

Alot of people like to have the best xp/rates an hour and feel the achievement of levelling, that can only be achieved by doing things manually. Like I said, you wont see any problems with it because you already did the training (probably at a crappy rate if you like Pray-X)

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Lol Bauke, feel free to get off your throne anytime narb.

I have no need for people that think they can judge my motivations without even knowing me.

Alot of people like to have the best xp/rates an hour and feel the achievement of levelling, that can only be achieved by doing things manually. Like I said, you wont see any problems with it because you already did the training (probably at a crappy rate if you like Pray-X)

You can still train prayer manually. This just gives an option for the people that prefer not to grind. Nothing wrong with that. I genuinely think it's a good option to implement, irregardless of the fact that I've trained prayer already.

How can it still be trained manually?

Do I have to right click on the altar and pick offer x, or does the offer x screen come up once i use a bone on the altar?

If the latter is the case, it can no longer be manually trained.

I haven't tested the update yet so I'm just curious.

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

How can it still be trained manually?

Do I have to right click on the altar and pick offer x, or does the offer x screen come up once i use a bone on the altar?

If the latter is the case, it can no longer be manually trained.

I haven't tested the update yet so I'm just curious.

Nope, cant manually train it anymore

chat142744sx.png

32078824.png

gomu_pistol.png

Personally, my wrist is terribly crappy. It was hurting for a long time after I got 82 prayer. It was really really hard for me to train prayer, even with mousekeys at relaxed pace. In my opinion, slower exp rates > a painful wrist.

And as for saying "You wouldn't care cause you have 99 already" theres plenty of people that train past 99, especially since 100+ rank is only like 16.2m exp.

But dammit, this is gonna raise the price of prayer badly. Predictions on dbone price raises before it drops? I say 2.5k at least, maybe 2.8k.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Considering they're completely bought out at the moment, I think we'll see a 5% rise for the next few days, topping out below 3k, at which point a crash will ensue and a lucky few will get their dragon bones for prices on par with what they were before this update.

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

Guess they made it like fletching where it takes 123421 seconds to cut a full inventory, lol.

The sole reason why I still train fletching occasionally. No more frenzy clicking. I love it.

How bad is the exp rate nerf?

I hope it isn't too bad...I don't understand why Jagex doesn't want us to frenzy-click till our wrists die. If players choose to do it that way, then they should be give the rights to do so. I think Jagex should implement the option to switch between "manual clicking" and "make/cut/pray-x" options.

I wonder how Zarfot feels...he got 110 million prayer xp in February to become the first person to 200m max prayer...

I'd imagine he's relieved. More people will now get 99 Prayer (and eventually 200M exp) and he'll still hold number 1 rank.

OR he'll see it as a complete demolition of his no lifing work.

Why isn't it a good thing?

The hard part of prayer is getting the bones, not clicking. So what is the problem?

Don't kid yourselves and say its a ruined skill now, when its not.

It was never hard getting dragon bones....Now it is....Completely bought out in GE...Clan merchants will probably hold on to them...

rhupajiva.png