The future of Bounty Hunter: more info revealed.

WhiteHorn

I can guarantee this, if it's Mod Mark giving the say on the actual PKing involved with Bounty Hunter it will be off the scale, basically really good and enjoyable, he's a legend when it comes to PKing and its know-hows.

Well then, if that is indeed the case, the question arises... what will the point of bounty hunter style wilderness pking if you get the same rewards as in PvP worlds? Hmm... perhaps BH will have its own unique rewards? Hopefully something permanent this time. :pray:

I wouldn't be surprised if you get their eqt an inventory as drops ONLY when you kill your target

If that's the case, then it would be a good thing. Your there to kill someone afterall, so why does it matter who you kill?

But I'm thinking more along the lines of:

- You can only receive full drops from your target

- You receive randomly generated based on the alch value of items lost by your opponent who is not your target.

I could see them implementing something like that.

Why make another random drop system when you could just apply the PvP drop system to non-target kills instead? You could then ditch all of the penalties, because the Wilderness is so big that they couldn't realistically apply, and RWT is next to impossible, but you can still get full drops if you find and kill your target.

This could be much better than before.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Aw crap no that means it will make it a HELL of a lot harder doing stuff in the wild (i.e killing green dragons and treasure trails)

I am certain that this will only occur in select worlds, as that is what is quoted. You'll still be able to kill dragons and complete clues without pkers clawing at your heels. Just watch out for those revenants. ::'

This does sound like it will be more fun then the current PvP worlds. As far as I can tell there will be a smaller level gap than PvP (unless that is just wishful thinking), and that it will still be implemented as a mini-game. Definitely looking forward to it.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

We will also be allowing players to set up in Edgeville, but only Edgeville and the Wilderness will be accessible from these Bounty Hunter PvP servers.

i made a post wayy back in the summer suggesting pk worlds that only included edgeville for bank and then wildy. GJ jagex for listening :P

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Bounty hunter PvP servers? So... does this mean they're removing the standard kill-and-loot aspect of the game? They didn't say specifically, but it sure sounds like it.

that would be so dumb.

it would basically defeat the purpose of normal pvp since you could fight people around your own lvl.

My opinion on this is mixed. Sure, it means that PvPers will be getting something new to whine about- I MEAN getting Bounty Hunter back, but the drop system will be much more difficult to control than normal. BH was made to regulate and constrict the amount of people in the Wilderness to a substantially smaller area while they bashed themselves over the head with stuff; open this up to everywhere and we could have some issues with keeping a lid on RWT.

[i suppose the one plus side to that is that players can't really "teleport" out of the Wild...]

Anyway, I anticipated that the new BH would be akin to PvP worlds, but with a drop system that rewarded players that hunted their targets. This could mean bad things for players that want to split drops from boss NPCs, but could encourage more use (and improvement) of LootShare, too.

Who knows what this whole thing will lead up to? Perhaps it would make BH more interesting for those that occasionally PK.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Well then, if that is indeed the case, the question arises... what will the point of bounty hunter style wilderness pking if you get the same rewards as in PvP worlds? Hmm... perhaps BH will have its own unique rewards? Hopefully something permanent this time. :pray:

I wouldn't be surprised if you get their eqt an inventory as drops ONLY when you kill your target

I think you really nailed that one. It makes perfect sense. I was wondering that with such a big area, how could RWT be prevented from occuring in deserted areas? But if you could only get kills from your target, you'd have to have your RWT partner close to your combat, and they'd have to have the luck of being your target. Well goodbye bounty hunter rogues...

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I think you really nailed that one. It makes perfect sense. I was wondering that with such a big area, how could RWT be prevented from occuring in deserted areas? But if you could only get kills from your target, you'd have to have your RWT partner close to your combat, and they'd have to have the luck of being your target. Well goodbye bounty hunter rogues...

Ya I agree, and because of the Rouge thing that you mentioned, it leads me to believe there will be at least some compensation for killing someone who isn't your target.

I think the most likely scenario is what will_holmes mentioned, which is random generated drops for those who are not your target, and full drops from those who are. That would give players still some incentive to kill people who are not their target, with high leveled skulls. If this was the case, the penalty might be shortened, or taken out all together.

Either way, if you always killed your target, things wont change much than they used to be.

I can only see that as a good thing.

dawnsigblue-3.png

I reckon replace the Volcano with a portal to the "Bounty Hunter Wilderness" which is just a paralell wildy. It won't be the actual one since how the hell would you ever complete clues?

It's not that hard really. Doing clues in the wild for me involved three iteming back when PKing was Wildy only, and I'm sure alot of people here did the same or similar. Seriously, not hard.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Bounty hunter PvP servers? So... does this mean they're removing the standard kill-and-loot aspect of the game? They didn't say specifically, but it sure sounds like it.

Most likely.

Logically it makes sense. Instead of having two classes of PVP servers they'd have one class of pvp and one subclass of PvP BH. And voila, no RWT issues. Because I certainly haven't heard of anyone RWT'ing with PVP. Drop fixing, maybe. But not RWT.

Edit: To be fair though, this does sound like it will actually be like the old wilderness. Not like in PvP worlds where it's 19ish levels plus the wild level. Still, some unique rewards would be nice.

or just have better rewards as drops say as if you had one hours potential

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]