26th March 2009 - Development Diary

Master_Smither

Bad thing: It was bad.

Good thing: Jagex reads tif and probably won't make the same mistake.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell us what was left unclear. Apart from Zanik's entry in our world again, wich was very sudden, i can't see any major problem.

Why was Zanik chosen? What were Bandos's ultimate plans? What happened to Yu Biusk? More that I can't think of because it's been so long since I did the first quests of the series. Really It didn't explain anything at all. It was more like "oh crap bandos has an avatar KILL IT! Yay we win. The end."

Edit: Also, why the hell is Juna pissed at Zanik refusing to do something which would have constituted a huge shift in the balance of power in runescape? That's just damn stupid.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

3 months from now, we will have several diaries at once with little and large content for each one depending on their development stages. Right now it seams really bare, but in the future it wont be. Give it a chance.

All fair points, but given the state of feverishness of some of their players Jagex might have been better starting out with something further down the development line where they could give firmer ideas of what they were developing; the suggestion that somebody made of a dd outlining the problems they've had with MA would have been ideal. Had this dd arrived in a few months' time when everyone had adjusted to no BTS and this new style of dd it might have been more appreciated.

Personally, I'd prefer the BTS back but only with content that's actually ready for release, if that means a month or two without updates while they finish content for the new BTS then so be it.

On the matter of this dd... I found the dwarf series irritating, I seem to recall a lot of running about with annoying puzzles thrown in. Sounds as if I'm going to get more of the same with this so I'm underwhelmed... but that's just my opinion of that quest series, other players I know are going to be pleased to know that the next dwarf quest is on its way. I just hope nobody is expecting it any time soon, mod JA has got a lot of work to do.

devorguilla.png

Lets hope he does better with dwarfs than he did with goblins.

Chosen Commander failed.

:thumbdown:

It was the 2nd most epic quest I have ever done, and I'm thrilled to know this guy is doing my favorite series now \'

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I'm happy with the development diary. I'm not stupid enough to believe that this is the only one we're getting for another six months. They delivered EXACTLY what they said they would. It was a blog, less formal, and by one of the developers. They told us that they would only release DDs when the developers had something to say... and one did. I'll be waiting patiently for the next one.

Until then, I have to go work on getting 99 in every skill, completing every minigame, soloing every boss, collecting every rare, and getting a spirit shield set. Why? BECAUSE I DON'T PLAY RUNESCAPE FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATES. Jesus [bleep] Christ. Unless you're in the top 1,000 players, you have absolutely no right to complain.

I agree a hundred percent with this guy :thumbsup:

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg