Weekly Poll: What 99?

n_odie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, actually after considering the ZMI altar, it would be slayer just in numbers alone.

That's true, but many people consider slayer more "enjoyable" to train.

Not to mention that you can talk in Clan Channels and to friends while training Slayer, unlike Runecrafting that if you want the best exp you can manage you cannot talk to anyone.

Well, actually after considering the ZMI altar, it would be slayer just in numbers alone.

That's true, but many people consider slayer more "enjoyable" to train.

That doesn't change how long it will take to get 99 in it. Slayer is my favorite skill, so if the poll said "hardest 99" I would have voted differently. I don't agree with the notion that you have to factor in enjoyment, but maybe that's just me.

Farming is a tricky question. But, I think it's really not that slow because you can get all your trees taken care of at once, then spend the rest of the day doing something else.

I considered voting for prayer, because I think you have to account for all the money that goes into it. But I figure I can probably earn money quick enough to make it about as fast as the other skills.

Agility is pretty slow, too. I guess it probably got left off the list because they ran out of poll options.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

Slayer definitely takes the longest, but RuneCrafting definitely feels the longest. I could get from 50-54 RuneCrafting in 60-90 minutes (at my fastest), and Slayer would take at least a day to do that. But you could also put into consideration that as your combat levels get higher, Slayer gets easier.

So:

Slayer takes the longest and is more enjoyable

But RuneCrafting feels the longest and can get very boring.

~Sstarr77

Eh... of course there will be a hell of alot of arguing over harder 99s. In my opinion though:

Prayer: Shouldnt even be on a poll for longest 99.. its over 200k exp/hr easily with gilded altar... thats a ton more than any 99. It just takes money, which money making isnt technically part of the 99 process.

Rc: I dont think is longer than farm or slayer. ZMI is a good 30 - 35k exp an hour, and even if you use a graahk for nats, thats 3k or so nats an hour, which is 24k exp... I dont care if people train the slow way (through abyss), if you're powering the 99, ZMI will bring it fast.

Farm and Slayer: These 2 are very controversal, always... Farm, although you can plant and walk away, while your away, you're getting no exp. (unless at vinesweeper, which isnt exactly insane exp) Even powertraining this takes alot of time... and you have to log at the right times too; the more runs you get a day, the more exp of course, but many farmer logout and do their daily activities and get back on for each run, If you play 5 hrs straight for example, you probably wont pull in the exp someone who logs out between runs, but can do it for about a 10 hours span that day. (also playing a ton less time).

Slayer... Is slow as hell. With a cannon... its slow as hell... With piety.... its slow as hell... with piety and cannon... well it's slightly better... It gets alot less exp rates than rc at least, and is only tied with farm in my opinion, because both have their exp drawbacks (Slayer- slow exp/hour, Farm- waiting lengths of time before you can even train more)

I voted Farm, but in my opinion its about tied with slayer.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

I voted runecrafting.

Slayer is more enjoyable because of the fact I can talk and browse the forums while I do it. As for runecrafting it's just hard to talk and almost impossible to do anything on the forums unless you want to waste time. But I do enjoy rcing it's just browsing the forums is so much fun :mrgreen:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

rc,rc,rc....if anyone can stand over 150k of ess to be made, and can stay sane while doing that, i give u a thumbs up :thumbup:

150K? It took me 30K essence to go from level 60 to 70 at ZMI. I'm not sure how much it takes to get to 99, but if you make it there without carpal tunnel, bravo.

I voted runecrafting. When you only look at xp per hour, runecrafting and slayer are pretty much neck and neck. The reason why I chose runecrafting over slayer is because slayer is AFKable, which doesn't make it as boring, in my opinion. If you have other things to do (like reading forums, browsing other sites, doing something in another computer application, etc.), then you can just AFK through slayer all day and hardly notice what you're doing. It's still slow, but it's more tolerable in that sense. With runecrafting, you have to constantly be paying attention to what you're doing because you're always running back and forth, back and forth. So even though the xp per hour may be the same, I think runecrafting is more tedious.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

My vote was Runecrafting for several reasons:

1. My RC level is the lowest of all of these skills, and, as you can tell by my hi scores, my highest skills are generally the easiest to obtain.

2. It's too boring and tedious so you will want to take many breaks.

3. Nearly constant clicking - you have to be moving the whole time.

I'm surprised so many people have voted for Farming. I've always considered it to be a fairly mild and enjoyable skill; you can spend 30-45 minutes on a full Farming run and be finished with it for the remainder of the day. I've never even considered attempting to reach 99 Slayer or Runecrafting, but Farming was an entirely different matter.

I think too many people see that the majority of fruit/regular trees (the main source of Farming experience) require several hours to grow and automatically assume that they'd have to dedicate an ungodly amount of time to achieve skill mastery. Really, and as I do quite often, you only have to log into the game for the relatively short time it takes to accomplish a Farming run and then you can just log off or work on another skill. 'Simplicity in itself.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

I was all set up to say Runecrafting, but after a but of thought, I'm leaning more towards Farming.

Currently when I train either skill I get about 25k xp per hour with Runecrafting, and 45k xp per hour Farming.

The thing is, I could get 24 hours of Runecrafting in per day, I can only get one hour of Farming.

Obviously, If you Farmed the full 24 hours and spent loads of money on the highest-xp giving plants, it may override the 960k (40kxp/hr x 24hr) you can get in a day of Runecraft, but I somehow doubt it.

So um, Farming, I guess.

EDIT: after reading the above post, I'd like to add that I'm currently level 88 Farming, and love the skill. :)

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Nothing makes my soul bleed like mining.

Runecrafting is insanely slow, but still makes a nice chunk of change. With ZMI at the higher levels you're making plenty of bloods, nats, cosmics, and souls to recoup your losses.

The fastest way to level mining is to make absolutely no money. It is also super click-intensive and a constant-focus skill. Farming and slayer require much, much less focus.

stormveritas.png

Definitely slayer in my opinion. Farming has the potential of being a couple months using the most expensive method, Runecrafting has ZMI and Graahks, and Prayer is a bit slower now, but still not the slowest. Sure, slayer has cannons, which you can use on select tasks. I'd say Runecrafting is close, but it doesn't take as long to achieve 99 in as Slayer.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

It's easy:

Slayer is slowest

Next is rcing, or mining perhaps too.

Farming is no where near, when you account TIME SPENT farming. (not time of growing, cause obviously you are doing other things then).

I'd pick rcing since slayer is somewhat fun, and gets you high melee stats too. Mining is very close second one though.

My first instinct was to say rcing but that's just because I chose to do nats to 98 rather than ZMI. At 98 rc it was possible for me to get a consistent 40k+ per hour at ZMI. It isn't possible to get a consistent 40k+ slayer xp per hour so I guess it must have been slayer... but I enjoyed that a helluva lot more and it never felt like a grind. Farming and prayer are both easy and quick if you can afford it.

devorguilla.png

I voted for Slayer.

The time it takes to get from one location to another really adds up, and 13M+ damage is a lot.

I'm surprised some people voted for Prayer, because Jagex recently implemented the "Offer X" feature for player-owned houses. I realize that this feature doesn't actually speed up the offering, but it keeps the player going longer, seeing as they don't have to put as much effort per bone used. Overall, this could result in them playing for longer periods of time in a day, and shortening the overall number of days taken to get to 99.

Rc, prayer shouldn't even be up there. Having personally gotten 99 prayer, I can honestly say that it was an easy task. No-chinning 99 range was way more difficult. Rcing and slayer are both very long and tedious. However, the edge goes to rc for me. Farming takes about 1 hr out of your day to train so I wouldn't say that's a long skill. It just doesn't appeal to me.

120dgl.jpg

Rc, prayer shouldn't even be up there. Having personally gotten 99 prayer, I can honestly say that it was an easy task. No-chinning 99 range was way more difficult. Rcing and slayer are both very long and tedious. However, the edge goes to rc for me. Farming takes about 1 hr out of your day to train so I wouldn't say that's a long skill. It just doesn't appeal to me.

I have a question. How did you earn your money?