Possible dragon pickaxe, but does Adze deserve it?

Atom Smash40

I think the adze should stay the same or become 5% better than rune, which is almost negligible, whilst the d pick should be about 15% better. Not equal.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that the Inferno Adze should not upgrade into the Dragon Pickaxe. If I remember right you need 82 woodcutting to use and 92 firemaking to obtain. Right? Well, if we upgrade the Inferno Adze to a Dragon Pickaxe, it would most likely mine slower and not be usable as an axe and firemaking device. Also, in my belief, I think the Dragon Pickaxe should be on its own and 61 Mining to mine with and 60 Attack to wield. But that is just me.

Thepker163.png

..or you could have Thurgo the Dwarf upgrade your adze's mining abilities for the market price of the pickaxe... two weeks after it comes out, so that you can't do it cheaply (Jagex set Granite Mace's price to 40k!)

Or you could do a mini-game that requires a high smithing level.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

..or you could have Thurgo the Dwarf upgrade your adze's mining abilities for the market price of the pickaxe... two weeks after it comes out, so that you can't do it cheaply (Jagex set Granite Mace's price to 40k!)

Or you could do a mini-game that requires a high smithing level.

I wouldn't pay 10k for a g mace

i feel sorry for the nitwits who paid a ton for such a [cabbage]ty item

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

No, the Dragon Pickaxe should be special. The Dragon Axe is used more than the Adze because of level reqs and not everyone wants their logs burned, if the Adze was made a Drag Pick standard the Drag Pick would be near useless.

The adze needs a special ability to make it a viable choice alongside the dragon pick, and I think the chance of smelting a an ore straight into a bar without the need of coal (and you get smithing xp for it :) ) would be a nice way to save a bit of money on the coal front if you were planning to smelt them anyway. However, if you want just the ores, or want to mine coal, the dragon pick would be better.

The whole 'multi-tool' aspect has already been dominated by the morphic tool. The adze doesn't even compare.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Seems simple enough to have a smithing requirement to upgrade the adze to dragon pickaxe, (Ability) we can already alter dragon items, it can require the dragon furnace place. A smithing requirement of 92 would make sense but maybe something like 85 would suffice. It should have the mining requirement of whatever the adze is for woodcutting.

I think its ability could be a number of things - Destroy ores - gaining smithing/craft xp. Smelt ores/craft ores for smithing/craft xp - (No secondary) Chance of gaining a higher ore. Otherwise it can have no ability. I feel the best idea is to smelt the ore as it makes sense.

There should still be a alternate dragon pickaxe in the game and I doubt a few select people with the requirements for the adze would make ANY difference to the market; barely. Both a high smithing and mining requirement will mean people wont be able to use it anyway so the normal dragon pickaxe will be used and bought more. Simply a freebie for those who have worked for the requirements - which is a GOOD thing.

I personally think the adze should be divided in 3 different minigames:

1st one: Beacon Network - already in game.

Skill in cause: Firemaking (92 for all rewards)

Reward: Basic Adze --> Gives 5% more effectiveness in both rune axe and pickaxe, allowing logs to be burnt 33% of the time up to willow, and ores to be smelt into bars 33% of he time up to steel (if you have all the required ores, iron restrictions apply)

2nd one: Lumber Tag. --> Do a lap between various marked trees in isafdar and collectone branch from each. these may also require other skills like construction to build bridges and firemaking to burn bushes down.

Skill in cause: Woodcutting (92 for all rewards)

Reward: Burning blade (adze add-on) --> gives 15% added effectiveness while cutting all logs (totalising 20% more then rune axe, 5% more then d axe), 66% chance of burning the log (up to mahogany). Other rewards include the lumber's charm, wich is an ungrade to rabit's foot neck, also giving 2% more exp per log; and the timber boots, wich give 2% more exp per log (totalising 5% when combining charm and gloves) and also gives a slightly higher chance of getting a tree seed from a nest rather then a ring or egg. Mischellanious rewards are exp, time limited woodcutting areas (like cyclops in warriors guild) and the log bank teleport similar to evil tree. Claim reward by delivering the required logs in the set time.

3rd one: Underground Treasure seek --> Pass through various dungeon levels wich require you to mine rocks and clear way/collapse other kinds of entries, enemies or even molten lava! Skills like construction, firemaking and smithing will be requirements, as well as agility adn maybe thieving. Located in Tz-Haar.

Skill in cause: Mining (92 for all rewards)

Reward: Blazing Tip (adze add-on) --> Gives 15% added effectiveness while mining any kind of ore (totalizing 20% more then rune pick, 5% more then d pick). 66% chance of smelting your ores into bars if you have all the required ones in your inventory (up to mithril bars). Other rewards include the miner's pendant, wich gives higher chanc eof receiving a gem while mining (higher then charged glory) and 2% more exp per log; Propector's gloves: These gloves allow you to mine dragonstone gems from gem rocks to rune rocks, gold rocks not included, onyx gems from rune rocks and allow you to mine up to 10 res from mineral veins, also giving 2% more exp per ore (5% if used with miner's pendant). Mischellanious rewards included temporary ore banking similar to evil tree reward, new mining areas (limited time acess like cyclops in warriors guild), as well as exp from the minigame and a new kind of ore from the dephs of the tzhaar volcano. Claim rewards by retrieving the artifacts (fist time completely complete can't claim anyother thing apart from pendant, gloves and tip)

This is just my opinion though (i'll post it in rsof and in a separate thread here in tif, please dont copy it without my permission).

Maybe you can take the Dragon Pick to some dwarf and he can combine it with the Adze and make it a combo deal, with random ores being smelted into bars as well as upping it's combat stats.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

There should still be a alternate dragon pickaxe in the game and I doubt a few select people with the requirements for the adze would make ANY difference to the market; barely. Both a high smithing and mining requirement will mean people wont be able to use it anyway so the normal dragon pickaxe will be used and bought more. Simply a freebie for those who have worked for the requirements; which is a GOOD thing.

yes but in the first few weeks, the dragon pickaxe will cost much more than the cost of the supplies needed to get the requirements of adze, so it wouldnt really be fair until much later, when the price stabilizes. like here:

I believe the Adze should be upgraded at a later time, after the price of the dragon pickaxe is allowed to fluctuate.

Once it stabilizes the adze should be equal to the dragon pickaxe.

Other option:

If the dragon pickaxe is sold in a shop after a quest, why not just give the adze the ability.

Stealth 8-)

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

There should still be a alternate dragon pickaxe in the game and I doubt a few select people with the requirements for the adze would make ANY difference to the market; barely. Both a high smithing and mining requirement will mean people wont be able to use it anyway so the normal dragon pickaxe will be used and bought more. Simply a freebie for those who have worked for the requirements; which is a GOOD thing.

yes but in the first few weeks, the dragon pickaxe will cost much more than the cost of the supplies needed to get the requirements of adze, so it wouldnt really be fair until much later, when the price stabilizes.

Also remember the dragon pickaxe itself could just be a quest reward - or a minigame reward.

Anyway imo I dont see it matters that much if players get this reward as following the same pattern needed for the inferno adze you need to complete a minigame to get it. That atleast involves some effort and not an instant upgrade. A smithing requirement would be there but still some effort completing some new minigame to unlock it.

Its not like its some uber new weapon that one hits everythings. Its just some pickaxe with faster ability than rune and possibly some special ability. Its not like it will change anything that much if someone has it as its pretty much a obsolete skill. The only thing it effects is some people who get geepee if its a monster drop or not? There are already enough such things and its only a select few who get it for free after completing some minigame with unknown requirements inc necessities/danger. The average miner wont have the ability to get the upgrade and be forced to buy the normal pickaxe so I again dont see it will effect the price much. Those with the levels deserve it or those who want the levels have got something to aim for.

That said - Its likely and makes sense that the dragon pickaxe upgraded (If there will be such a thing) wont come at the same time. Why release one update and you got perfectly two good updates.

Tbh they should of made it an requirement to have a dragon axe which you upgraded to the inferno adze. Meaning you still have to buy or get a dragon axe first. Then it be less a problem with the dragon pickaxe as it would require the same thing. Perhaps they should of done that as it seems alot fairer all round. People still got a great power tool to woodcut/fm with and a decent requirement to go with it. More people needing it still should keep the price higher.

Whatever happens... I just hope it doesnt just require 40 mining and 50 smithing to get. -.-

yes but in the first few weeks, the dragon pickaxe will cost much more than the cost of the supplies needed to get the requirements of adze, so it wouldnt really be fair until much later, when the price stabilizes.

Also remember the dragon pickaxe itself could just be a quest reward - or a minigame reward.

Anyway imo I dont see it matters that much if players get this reward as following the same pattern needed for the inferno adze you need to complete a minigame to get it. That atleast involves some effort and not an instant upgrade. A smithing requirement would be there but still some effort completing some new minigame to unlock it.

Its not like its some uber new weapon that one hits everythings. Its just some pickaxe with faster ability than rune and possibly some special ability. Its not like it will change anything that much if someone has it as its pretty much a obsolete skill. The only thing it effects is some people who get geepee if its a monster drop or not? There are already enough such things and its only a select few who get it for free after completing some minigame with unknown requirements inc necessities/danger. The average miner wont have the ability to get the upgrade and be forced to buy the normal pickaxe so I again dont see it will effect the price much. Those with the levels deserve it or those who want the levels have got something to aim for.

That said - Its likely and makes sense that the dragon pickaxe upgraded (If there will be such a thing) wont come at the same time. Why release one update and you got perfectly two good updates.

Tbh they should of made it an requirement to have a dragon axe which you upgraded to the inferno adze. Meaning you still have to buy or get a dragon axe first. Then it be less a problem with the dragon pickaxe as it would require the same thing. Perhaps they should of done that as it seems alot fairer all round. People still got a great power tool to woodcut/fm with and a decent requirement to go with it. More people needing it still should keep the price higher.

Whatever happens... I just hope it doesnt just require 40 mining and 50 smithing to get. -.-

it wont. if it does, then jagex is just dumb. rune pick is already 41 mining, and adze has that requirement...but i see where youre coming from with the dragon axe 'upgrade' for adze if adze is as fast as dragon axe in woodcutting. but see, adze was relased a long time after dragon axe was, so there wasnt really any need to have an upgrade, since the dragon axe would be cheaper than the cost of getting the levels to use adze.

modmarkl.jpg

Was a bit sarcasm on the low level requirements =p I just hope for another decent higher level update. The dragon pickaxe would be the same as a axe I guess but I doubt an upgraded dragon pickaxe will have the same requirements as the inferno adze. It should but I doubt it.

Hoping for 80+ atleast in something... Ev (Second... holey.. moley.. i got 15hp at dark beasts, prayer ran out.....Im safe now!) ,... I just hope for some decent requirement above the norm.

Thank jagex for that heart beat sound. \' I cant remember the rest of what I was going to say.

Was a bit sarcasm on the low level requirements =p I just hope for another decent higher level update. The dragon pickaxe would be the same as a axe I guess but I doubt an upgraded dragon pickaxe will have the same requirements as the inferno adze. It should but I doubt it.

you get your words mixed up?

modmarkl.jpg

If the adze were upgraded to D pick, it would have to have some kind of limitation. Yes the adze is as good as a dragon axe, but it also occasionally burns the logs... which means it's not really the best choice if you're cutting yews or magics. So, it would need do so something like destroy the ores occasionally.

I think the dragon pick should be better then the adze because miners have waited a long time for a big update and the dragon pick should be that big update. :pray: I hope

Erin go bragh (Ireland for ever)

tetsupportsig2.jpg

If the adze were upgraded to D pick, it would have to have some kind of limitation. Yes the adze is as good as a dragon axe, but it also occasionally burns the logs... which means it's not really the best choice if you're cutting yews or magics. So, it would need do so something like destroy the ores occasionally.

It doesn't destory, you get FM xp from it

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

It doesn't destory, you get FM xp from it

Likewise you could get a small amount of smithing xp as it "destroys" the ore.

But as was said earlier, the Adze was an Anti-Log-Junk tool. It was designed to remove alot of lower levels logs from the economy, from people power Woodcutting. In all honesty it should do the same with ores for those power mining.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Jagex might release an NPC that combines a hatchet and a pickaxe of the same metal into one kind. With that said, you could combine the Adze and the pickaxe to make an improved Adze, or make a combined dragon pick/axe for those lacking 92 Firemaking. That way everyone can be happy. :P

So that people can use the Adze as a free dragon pickaxe? Hell no.

Dragon pickaxe is likely gonna be a monster drop from a boss monster. Giving people a free dragon pickaxe undermines the purpose of getting it as a drop.

what about the people that hate firemaking and would be hapy to dish out 10mil for a better pickaxe.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.