Possible dragon pickaxe, but does Adze deserve it?

Atom Smash40

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex might release an NPC that combines a hatchet and a pickaxe of the same metal into one kind. With that said, you could combine the Adze and the pickaxe to make an improved Adze, or make a combined dragon pick/axe for those lacking 92 Firemaking. That way everyone can be happy. :P

that's not a bad idea. but it can only be used for gathering tools (I hope). don't want a dds with d claws or ags with sgs. but then if they to that to drag pick and axe, what about the spec bar?will there be two, one for each spec? that might work, and the spec bars drain normally, so you can't have a double spec. it's use one or the other. or just combine the two specs. that's not a bad idea... :-k

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Jagex might release an NPC that combines a hatchet and a pickaxe of the same metal into one kind. With that said, you could combine the Adze and the pickaxe to make an improved Adze, or make a combined dragon pick/axe for those lacking 92 Firemaking. That way everyone can be happy. :P

that's not a bad idea. but it can only be used for gathering tools (I hope). don't want a dds with d claws or ags with sgs. but then if they to that to drag pick and axe, what about the spec bar?will there be two, one for each spec? that might work, and the spec bars drain normally, so you can't have a double spec. it's use one or the other. or just combine the two specs. that's not a bad idea... :-k

Maybe it will combing the specials?

D axe reduces mage lvl by what you hit, maybe when combined with pick it will reduce mage lvl by half, and half of the pick's special?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Maybe it will combing the specials?

D axe reduces mage lvl by what you hit, maybe when combined with pick it will reduce mage lvl by half, and half of the pick's special?

i was thinking...d pick lowers range?

but get back on topic :-\ its a discussion about whether adze deserves an upgrade, and if it does, when? immediately, or after a few months?

modmarkl.jpg

Its pretty obvious that its going to be like the Dragon pickaxe in mining will be the same as the dragon axe in woodcutting leaving the adze to still be the best without an upgrade as such or whatever.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Adze is a firemaking based thing, so no.

My thoughts exactly, to use it you don't train mining at all when you try to get an Adze. As it is, most people probably don't use it as a pick, but it's like a nice bonus.

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

maybe after a quest an npc sells a dragon pick for say, 100k like the scims/longswords... and also upgrades your inferno adze for 100k, so it mines at the same speed as dragon?

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

maybe after a quest an npc sells a dragon pick for say, 100k like the scims/longswords... and also upgrades your inferno adze for 100k, so it mines at the same speed as dragon?

I don't see that happening at all. That only happens with the really old dragons items, the first ones to come along. I'm very certain it will be a monster drop or something, like every other dragon item of recent times. I think people would be disappointed if you could just buy it from a shop too. Everyone is probably looking forward to the huge amounts of cash they will make from the first picks.

Blakdragon39.png

I don't see that happening at all. That only happens with the really old dragons items, the first ones to come along. I'm very certain it will be a monster drop or something, like every other dragon item of recent times. I think people would be disappointed if you could just buy it from a shop too. Everyone is probably looking forward to the huge amounts of cash they will make from the first picks.

that may be true...but there are pros and cons for shop release.

pros:

- no insane intro prices (like jagex sets ge for 800k, and it shoots to 20m first 2 weeks)

- easy access, no need to kill bosses for another one

cons:

- adze will probably get upgraded right away (not really fair for those who will pay a small fee for one, but i can accept it, as long as its shop introduced)

so...then i will be satisfied if its shop intoduced. that way everyone is happy.

modmarkl.jpg

Maybe an extra mini quest or something to upgrade it?

Or maybe you have to get a Dragon pickaxe, take it to some guy, and he upgrades it for free?

(If there was a fee, then nobody would do it)

People will deffo pay up to 2-5M for an upgrade, I would who else wouldnt..? Its mining the (IMO) the most horrendous skill to train in the game decides RC :lol: .

calzer101.png

Thanks mods I lost all my record of my 99's GF

Jagex has started making things better for the game as a hole, even if most players dont agree with it, and like xxxgod pointed out, there are more pro's then con's.

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining