Omni-Protection Prayer?

HexiledRazz

Such a thing exists, or at least existed.

Back in RSC you had only two protection prayers, protect from missiles and protect from monsters. The later stopped you being hit by all monsters other than the KBD I believe.

It wouldn't be possible to have in the game at the moment, would break far too many monsters and make the game far too easy. Back in RSC all monsters other than dragons only attacked with melee (Can't think of any that used mage although I'm sure there are some).

Before that there was "Paralyze Monster", which stopped monsters from attacking altogether. Didn't work on players, but it certainly made monster killing easy.

Obviously they got rid of it for a reason.

All of our prayers now do have something in common. They either:

1) Makes you attack more accurately

2) Makes you attack harder (do more damage)

3) Decreases the accuracy of your opponents attack.

Assuming defense does not actually reduce the amount of strength your opponent hits, which I don't think it does, then we don't really have any prayers which reduce hits, only increase they chance they will hit a 0.

That being said, a prayer such as 50% reduction of all damage may not be completely useful for all bosses, but certainly useful in certain some situations.

Example: Using it on KQ would allow you to get hit more often by all her attacks, but at the cost of cutting all the damage in half. Instead of 33's, she would be hitting 15's. But hit more often.

Something like this I think would be far more feasible, as while it can be very powerful, it has its drawbacks since its a power reduction and not an accuracy protection.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Aren't we forgetting the amount of money required to get 95/99 Prayer?

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Aren't we forgetting the amount of money required to get 95/99 Prayer?

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Right...and once these prayers were released, 99 Prayer would probably shoot to well over 200M for the costs, thus making the prayers fair and not necessarily game breaking.

Personally, I think we should have it for all non-boss monsters and for other players. I'm tired of having like 10 warriors on me with like 1 or 2 ancients, and still having to pray melee.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Basically, what do you think would happen if JaGex added a Omni-Protection prayer to the game?

I'd have to have some hefty requirements though. I'm thinking about 95 prayer(to get past the half way point, and keep it away from pures) Alot of people posting are talking about needing 99. And now that i think about it, this seems more fair.

And have a really fast drain rate. I'm guessing about 2PP/sec with a basic +10 prayer bonus making it for short-term protection.

And have to do a decently hard quest to earn it.

I'm sure there would a lot of uses for it. One i can think of are CW tanks. If they get frozen, Flip on Omni-Protection, and run for it.

But, for things like rev hunting, unless you have the best prayer bonus in the game, it'll drain too fast to use for basic things like that.

But, I'm sure JaGex will never get the mind to do this, which is a good thing. It'll throw off basically everything. Like GWD and stuff. I just thought it'd be a fun thing to discuss.

If you add a new feature, people will level delibrately to get it, if it is worth it.

If you make a very high level prayer like that, The prayer ranks won't remain like you intend them to. People will delibrately train to get it, thousands more will have high-level prayer, and thosands will be able to lower prices for high value items.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Thus more time and money spent training prayer.

Are you saying that those with higher level skills shouldn't have an advantage over those with lower leveled skills?

Whips were 70 attack, as was barrows. I'm pretty sure all of you trained attack and defence to those levels then bought one or the other, right?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

AWESOME idea! This should definitely be put in the game, although I think a level 99 requirement would be better. Make them work to the very maximum.

you are so biased lol, anyway im glad phats are rising, probably annoys you so much.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Pray flashing omni pray for jad would be fairly easy, on the otherhand anyone with 99 prayer could probably do it easily anyway.

hmm prayer flashing would make it impossible to add into the game. You can use nearly no prayer points while flashing.

You must be a really good clicker; I can only make 46 points last around 15 minutes flash praying melee at ice giants. If it's an extremely fast drain you'll still use a lot of prayer pots.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

On second thought, this could also work if it worked more like protection prayers work against other players. Certainly doesn't screen out ALL damage, just drastically reduces it.

I think that would make sense, on top of obviously making it drain faster than current protection prayers.

stormveritas.png

85% reduction of all damage prayer then

85% reduction? -.-

Still would make something like Jad easy. "Ooooh, how cute, Jad did 10 damage."

Ditto for just about every boss monster that hits under 9,000 damage.

Granted, it takes a lot of money to get to 99 prayer, but nor should 99 prayer mean you automatically gain an insane upper-hand in a fight.

Maybe a quarter would be good. Like a Spirit shield.

Or maybe it will reduce 80% of all types of damage 30% of the time, and it will reduce 50% of the damage 100% of the time.

So it halves all damage, and has a 30% chance of blocking 80%.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Maybe they could add, the effect could be balanced though, makes you totally inmune to 5 attacks of any kind, then all your pray bar goes out and you have to wait 5 minutes to use again

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Wow, I'm surprised on all of the input I'm getting on this topic :thumbsup: .

I see some very good ideas that would make this possible.

But, I'm trying to decide if i would support it or not; have it come to that.

With restrictions, it would become a good addition to the prayer skill.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

85% reduction of all damage prayer then

85% reduction? -.-

Still would make something like Jad easy. "Ooooh, how cute, Jad did 10 damage."

Ditto for just about every boss monster that hits under 9,000 damage.

Granted, it takes a lot of money to get to 99 prayer, but nor should 99 prayer mean you automatically gain an insane upper-hand in a fight.

Maybe a quarter would be good. Like a Spirit shield.

I think he means 85% reduction in the same way protect prayers give 50% reduction against players; it only decreases accuracy but not strength. But an 85% protection would be practically useless against Jad; it'd only give the equivalent of 200-300 defence bonus or so and not make any sort of noticable difference.

But they could make it so like it specifically targets hit rate and not accuracy/defense.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Maybe have it work like this (bazzaminxer has a very similar idea);

65 - can use 2 protection prayers, but the damage reduction is 35% of both

85 - can use 2 protection prayers, but damage reduction is 35%

For each 3 levels after the requirement you gain an extra 5% protection.

So at 99 you can protect from you get 95% protection from 2 styles and 60% from 3 styles.

This promotes leveling prayer for a reason other than prayer potions and super restores as well as ensuring its not overpowered.

Maybe have a drain rate 1.8 for 2 and 2.5 for 3, of the normal protect prayer rate, as your not 100% protected and its a fair drain.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

How about simply not allowing the ability to use this Prayer in the Fight Caves, GWD rooms, KQ and DKS?

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]