31st March 2009 - Rants forum returns

Amundogus2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, gotta complain somewhere.

The Rants forum is turning more and more into 4chan every day.

Typical thread:

1.come on man jagex clue scrols we all want our clues sent to are blackberrys

2.books???!!!?? come on women every things done on blu-ray now

runescape is bad now because microsoft is buying out all of the local beef jerky busineses this results in teapot merchants having to go into crime to support there family

I don't log into the RSOF anymore, except to go straight to the RSC forums. I'd be banned, otherwise. I want the old rants forum back. I never thought I would miss simple "omg wildy back pl0x" threads.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Well, gotta complain somewhere.

Let me try to explain what a valid complaint is in layman's terms for you.

Game Feedback forum: "I don't agree with the changes to Pray-X. While it allows one to avoid repetitious clicking and unintended bone burial, it dramatically slows down the rate of experience. I feel that there should be an option to disable not only this, but all Do-X functions, at the users' choice."

Rants forum: "OMFG I HATE PRAY-X JAGX R CATERING 2 KDIZZZZZZ OMFG CHNG IT BAK OR I QUIT"

Get the picture? :wall:

I'm siding with Fey on this one - I wouldn't want to see a year of work dedicated to building a decent community undermined by someone with veto power.

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing the Pandora's box of stupid that is the new rants forum.

Pandora's box was opened when the RSOF opened, man. I'll admit, some neat and cool stuff came out of the older RSOF, and some interesting discussions exist sparingly, but the rest is more than enough for me to want to close the box.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing the Pandora's box of stupid that is the new rants forum.

Pandora's box was opened when the RSOF opened, man. I'll admit, some neat and cool stuff came out of the older RSOF, and some interesting discussions exist sparingly, but the rest is more than enough for me to want to close the box.

Too true. Unfortunately, as Pandora discovered to the eternal detriment of mankind, the evil cannot be put back into the box simply by closing it.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Some good news:

They've put Game Feedback's icon back, and moved the *new* Rants to the bottom of the Feedback section.

This obviously means Game Feedback is here to stay \'

A small victory for those RSOFers who actually want to post in a forum where the quality of ones feedback is important.

In other news though: the *new* Rants is also here to stay by the looks of things, and given Game Feedback is the place Jagex wants players to post well managed & detailed threads on solutions to in-game problems, the *new* Rants is relegated to being a forum for venting about anything and everything in RuneScape that ails a player.

So when posting in the *new* Rants, it's best to be prepared for spammy responses, flame and the like. And the necromancy used on it has other consequences, that while immune to most normal moderation (so threads will flow freely but rapidly without any rhyme or reason); so you also won't be able to ask for or get much help from mods unless you have a seriously evil or vile poster on your thread.

Those who wish to engage in severe vileness should be warned though, given that forum is being managed directly by Jagex staff (volunteers avoid it now), any vileness will be dealt with harshly.

I might remark though, that the a lot of the threads or posts that you now see in the *new* Rants, if they're posted elsewhere on the RSOF will: either be locked, hidden or if not totally against the Code of Conduct, moved to Rants. So the *new* Rants style posting won't be allowed elsewhere on the forums.

I guess every RuneScape related site, including RuneScape itself has to have it's Rants forum.

feywarriorgreenlu9.gif

banneruh3.jpg