REVENANTS!!!

Ravenkana

So, I just completed a Level 3 Treasure Trail. Ended in the Wilderness. I got 21 Rune Bolts, a Rune Platebody, a Rune BattleAxe, a Magic Longbow, and a Saradomin Page 2. Oh, wait I didn't.

The Sara Page DISAPPEARED. One second the window with the rewards is up, the next it's down, cause a revenant just hit me with a spell, and I'm running for my frickin' life and loot. I make it to Clan Wars, pause to appraise the total of the loot's value, and, WHAT THE HELL!, THE PAGE IS GONE. JUST LIKE THAT.

This has to be a glitch, and, if it isn't, I am well and truly pissed. Now I'm just well pissed.

Mod Edit: Edited Title

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

perhaps your inventory was full when you opened it, and you ate food while running from the revenant, thus you didn't realize the problem
No, counting the chest, I had six open spaces. And five pieces of loot. Or maybe you're right. I could just be upset and unwilling to remember.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Sounds about right. Far be it from me to act as a mod, but there is a sticky for things like this...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• 2 weeks later...

Revs are very easy to beat. They are nothing compared to the old wildy PKers.

On top of that, why go into the wildy to get some firelighters, a rune dagger, and 35 fire runes? Clues arent worth going into the wildy for, at least if you have trouble with revs.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

On top of that, why go into the wildy to get some firelighters, a rune dagger, and 35 fire runes? Clues arent worth going into the wildy for, at least if you have trouble with revs.

Because you can go into the wildy and get something worthwhile, like a god page, trimmed armour, or 3a? Clues are a fun diversion, with some chance to earn money.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Revs, for low levels, are alot harder than pkers ever were.

What a complete fallacy. Run behind a tree with range prayer on, old time PKers were at least a bit of a challenge, not 'head for the nearest tree' type of annoyance.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Then why is it any more worth it for non-wildy clues? The wilderness isn't dangerous if you know what you're doing.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

meh, sara pages are useless tbh. If you're using prayer for protection, then defense doesn't matter; if you're using it for offensive prayers, then you'll be plugging all of the stats into attack and/or strength. The only reason you'd want a saradomin page is for aesthetic reasons- or a fancy word for useless.

But on a less caustic, sarcastic note, that's just how the cookie crumbles (does anyone actually use that anymore? :? ) sometimes. I remember when I was logged in during the w111 bug (but not in that world, thank God). I remember when the blackout of the servers caused everyone's inventories to vanish (At least according to my friend.) Point is, stuff happens, good and bad. The best thing really is to just try again while also submitting a bug report to Jagex so this (hopefully) doesn't happen to someone else. (If it makes you feel better, I was devaluing the reward to make it seem not much as opposed to a saradomin sword, not to make you look like an idiot for ranting about it ::' )

What a complete fallacy. Run behind a tree with range prayer on, old time PKers were at least a bit of a challenge, not 'head for the nearest tree' type of annoyance.

I'd agree with you except at some point, the low level doesn't have 40 prayer and can't do that. It's kind of like a negative exponential growth; as the levels increase, revenants of relative levels become easier to beat at a steady pace until the drop off where the player has range and melee prayer and then the difficulty just plummets.

But then the obvious rebuttal would be why would such a low level player be in the wild? Which is exactly what I ask myself sometimes.*facepalms at lvl 60 player with full dragon and an iron dagger and asks "why?"*

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Why wouldn't a low level be in the wild.

Theres green dragons (very low levels can do this efficiently) Dark knights castle, he could just be exploring, there could be mage arena, an attempt to get ghostly robes, treasure trails.

Just a few examples.

O.O

Why wouldn't a low level be in the wild.

Theres green dragons (very low levels can do this efficiently) Dark knights castle, he could just be exploring, there could be mage arena, an attempt to get ghostly robes, treasure trails.

Just a few examples.

most people that can kill a green dragon are at least lvl 60 if they are ranging.

Dark knight's castle is worse than the black knight castle west of edge or the black knight's sector in talvery dungeon

Exploring a field where there's desolate places and monster ready to kill you sounds like a job for the "bank you items" police.

The mage arena requires 60 magic, so fairly high. And anyone willing to be a pure to get 60 magic would be getting ancients, which are not in the wild.

To get ghostly robes you need a high thieving level or a LOT of hitpoints to pick the lock in DT. I'm pretty sure that a player who would delegate all of that time towards combat would be very indignant about "wasting" time leveling up thieving.

Coupled with the fact that the actual "pures" and not "builds" (e.g. obby maul, zerker) have a very low prayer, they really should not be well equipped and fighting in the wild because of that. And if you're talking about actual low levels who are balanced but still fall below lvl 40 or so, then they STILL shouldn't be out in the wild because no prayer anyway.

Basically, anyone who has below 40 prayer should stay out of the wilderness. If they want to enter, no one will stop them except their better judgment.

I'd agree with you except at some point, the low level doesn't have 40 prayer and can't do that. It's kind of like a negative exponential growth; as the levels increase, revenants of relative levels become easier to beat at a steady pace until the drop off where the player has range and melee prayer and then the difficulty just plummets.

But then the obvious rebuttal would be why would such a low level player be in the wild? Which is exactly what I ask myself sometimes.*facepalms at lvl 60 player with full dragon and an iron dagger and asks "why?"*

But the low level would have the same problem if it were a pker.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

But the low level would have the same problem if it were a pker.

On paper, yes, true. But with revenants, the lower levels ones are much more powerful than their player counterparts.

When was the last time an imp (lvl 7 or 11 can't remember which) could hit 8s (clarify), freeze AND teleblock?

Never.

A 10hp pure with 13 Magic can hit 8s at level 8 combat. Or you can op for a 6 combat at 9 Magic, with max hit of 6.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Nothing an imp can attack can use teleport runes. Revs are mostly dangerous in F2p also.

Teletabs for members, how many level 20 FTPers are going to be running around in the wildy? At any rate, the "run behind a tree" method works fine, something that wouldn't defeat the usual low level PKers.

DeviledEgg24.png

Revs annoy me. Whenever I want to go kill an Ork, I run into 50 Revenant Goblins and just when I let my guard down, a Knight comes up over the hill and kills me in a few hits (i used no armor, a rune scimmy, and a cornucopia so what do i expect).

Maybe revs should just auto-adjust to your level whenever you see one. That would make things interesting.

Oddment1.png

Then why is it any more worth it for non-wildy clues? The wilderness isn't dangerous if you know what you're doing.

That is why I clarified "at least if you have trouble with revs". If you have trouble with revs, then you might be risking a lot more cash than the clue is worth.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3