What would you have done?

SwordKing

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup:

You did the right thing. I would have done aswell. I don't like phones anyway.

You guys can't really say "You did the right thing" when there's not really a right or wrong involved. He did the good/nice/kind thing, yes, but not the "right" thing.

:uhh:

I would have called the person, told them where it was and then left. I'm not big on randomly giving out my address.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I would have called the person, told them where it was and then left. I'm not big on randomly giving out my address.

If you want to have some fun, put it in an EXTREMELY inconvenient place before calling them, such as a ditch on the side of a freeway.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

If you want to have some fun, put it in an EXTREMELY inconvenient place before calling them, such as a ditch on the side of a freeway.

Girls washroom, above the ceiling tiles :twisted:

Or guy, if they're a girl.

I don't consider myself to be an [wagon], so I certainly wouldn't have thrown out the sim and kept/sold the phone. I'd probably do what you ended up doing - give them my address to come pick it up. No disadvantage to me and they get their phone back. :thumbup:

But what if they stalk your house? :?

> 2 weeks = get some vicious dogs and enjoy the show.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Or in a box of tampons! If they're a girl, then... In a septic tank.

"Yea mate, I found your phone. I left it in a box of tampons ina ditch along the freeway, go find it"? I think I missed something here. Unless you just hand them a box of tampons that has the phone in it, but that wouldn't make much sense.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Or in a box of tampons! If they're a girl, then... In a septic tank.

"Yea mate, I found your phone. I left it in a box of tampons ina ditch along the freeway, go find it"? I think I missed something here. Unless you just hand them a box of tampons that has the phone in it, but that wouldn't make much sense.

It would be in a box of tampons in a septic tank that's in a ditch along the freeway, that's set on fire.

Edit: Hell don't even put the phone there. Just see what ridiculous things you can make them do.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

Called a number from the phone and gave it back. It's the best thing to do. I've got a cell-phone, and why would I give somebody else a lot of trouble when I can prevent it. If the phone wasn't on, or the battery was dead I'd just bring it back to the police station, that way the person that owns the telephone might get it back as well.

Last year I found a telephone, turned out to be a police phone. :') Brought it to the police station. A few weeks later I got a voucher for a record store for my help. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Okay little story here.

Yesterday evening I was biking to practice when all of the sudden I see something in the grass next to me. I turn around and start looking for it. I find it, it's a cellphone. Some kind of Samsung one, looks pretty nice too.

So I decided to start calling some numbers in the phone's list. There was some name that obviously represented her/(his?) boyfriend, so I called it. He said his friend lost his phone (not sure if it was a he or she so I'll just say he smile ) and that I found it. I couldn't meet up tonight because I had to go to practice. So I gave him my address and he's coming to pick it up tomorrow.

Now that I think of it, I could've just thrown the SIM out and sold the cell for 60 or so. Mean ? Yes. Do I know the person? No. Meh, I guess he/she/it can be happy the mean side of me didn't get the upperhand :P.

Man, I really am evil deep inside :o It would really suck if lost my cellphone, so I can imagine how it feels for that person.

Edit: I kinda realise now I really chose a wrong title.. I'm changing it.

I hope karma will repay me for this one day lol...

Anyways, what would you have done?

me and my girlfriend live on a rough estate [the people are pathetic]

and when we popped to the local shop, we found a quite decent phone on the floor. we could of kept it and sold it on but we just rang the number 1 on their contacts and told em we'd found her phone. she came back round the corner a second later and was so grateful.

we gave it back because i know how it feels to lose your phone.

however, if it was a cocky chav, we probably would of denied seeing it :D

depends on the person really.

I probably woulda left it there, haha. If I even noticed it. But if I cared enough at that moment I'd probably do the same thing you did.

Hey, maybe now that girl will come back to you for comfort after her boyfriend dumps her for not being careful with her phone.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I would have handed it in. I have about 6 phones anyway, I don't need the money, it wouldn't interest me in taking it anyway and in a global recession the person who lost it may have really needed it back and not been able to afford a new one.

I hope karma will repay me for this one day lol...

The value of consistent understanding is not that anyone will hear us nor reward us but that we will become a better person. Don't go waiting forever.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Aww Goddess, I really oughtta learn from you. I would have probably either left it there or done what was suggested above and toss the SIM (or maybe try to return it) and sell the phone for cash. I'm working on trying to be less selfish, but I have a long way to go.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Its nice to see that your instinct was to call the number and give it back. I would've done the same thing. When I was 13 years old I found a really nice digital camera on the road while walking home, I looked at the pics and it was my cousin's friend, I gave it back to her and she gave me some cash haha.

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

same thing happened to me, but I knew the girl who owned the phone. She's one of those really [bleep] girls who has way too much money and takes everything for granted, thinks she's better than everyone else, and acts like the world revolves around her.

I kept her phone. stupid [bleep] got another god damn blackberry the next day.

A true sign of being a good person isn't doing nice things for people you don't know; it's doing nice things for people who don't deserve it. I would've given the phone back.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I find it surprising how paranoid people are about giving out their address...I mean, it's not like we all have secret invisible houses that can't be seen as it is.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I find it surprising how paranoid people are about giving out their address...I mean, it's not like we all have secret invisible houses that can't be seen as it is.

Yeah, agreed - I personally don't do it because I don't live alone and it isn't just me that could possible be endangered.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!