Deiophobus

North Korea launches a rocket

I feel physically sick reading some of the warmongering posts on this topic - who made the USA the world's policeman?

the UN, when they decided to never hold anyone to international law

Aaah, I wanted to make that joke.

On another note. How is this anything like world war two? If that's so, I'm clearly Abraham Lincoln. I grow facial hair. I've chopped wood. I have a hat and a suit. OH MY GOD THE CONNECTIONS TIME TO FREE THE SLAVES GUYS!

You're also forgetting the, I don't know, millions of differences between now and world war two's time? Besides, you need to learn your history. The US didn't enter the war for about three and a half years. Yeesh, you guys would probably have a lot of people listening to you, but now diplomacy is at a relatively high point.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

What is Obama saying? He said unless we were directly attacked he would try his damnedest to stay out of any conflict involving NK. Well how did the US enter WWII? An attack by Japan on the US. How is the US going to enter WWIII? An attack on the US by NK.

On another note. How is this anything like world war two? If that's so, I'm clearly Abraham Lincoln. I grow facial hair. I've chopped wood. I have a hat and a suit. OH MY GOD THE CONNECTIONS TIME TO FREE THE SLAVES GUYS!

What is you are a descendant of Abe? For all we know he could be your great great great uncle. People always have similarities but since when have to completely different era's had tings so similar that it could practically be the same. I mean honestly, If you gave the first Alien 2 papers giving details about whats happening now and what happened back then (not including names, dates and other obvious clues), he would probably say that they were the same time periods from different perspectives.

Sicus Locum Para Bellum!

Does anyone actually care about North Korea? They're like the little forum trolls that erupt to garner attention every now and then.

If they actually posed a risk, the US has enough military installations in SK, Hawaii, and Japan to handle that. The US aircraft carriers floating around the Pacific would have no problem taking the whole country out.

That is if Obama lets them.. But unfortunately its all about peace now.. Sometimes peace just doesn't fix a problem.

Sicus Locum Para Bellum!

On another note... This seems a lot like late 30's and early 40's.

-WWI came to a close -The Iraqi war is (sort of) ending.

-The stock market crashed -the economy is a gutted fish

-Hoover is promising redemption of the US -Obama is promising "change" and "solutions"

-Countries are building military's and tensions grow -NK is firing missiles and allies of NK are building up armies.

-WWII starts -(THIS HAS NOT HAPPEND YET) WWIII starts

See the connections?

I actually heard that theory before. The missing part, however, is a Hitler lurking in the background.

*cough* Lenin64 *cough*

TANSTAAFL

I feel physically sick reading some of the warmongering posts on this topic - who made the USA the world's policeman?

If a civillian showed up while your house was burning and saved you, would you ask them "Who made you fireman?"

[English translation needed]

Hey Robert, mind if I use that against my History teacher? He always uses the "Who died and made the US king" thing.

Sicus Locum Para Bellum!

If a civillian showed up while your house was burning and saved you, would you ask them "Who made you fireman?"

Read that post again... then edit it so it isn't as ridiculous.

he has a valid point, if noone else will deal with serious threats it falls to the US. The US has made some mistakes but at least it is trying.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Oh, really?

Without the United States, a man named Sadaam Hussein (sp?) would be gallivanting about the Middle East, creating unrest wherever possible. Without the United States, a little country called North Korea would run rampant over the world with its new nuclear weapons. A world without the USA is a world with terror.

[English translation needed]

he has a valid point, if noone else will deal with serious threats it falls to the US. The US has made some mistakes but at least it is trying.

Yep. Pretty much the only reason we're the world police is because noone else will. As for NK, are they TRYING to screw everyone over?

Remember in WWI and WWII when the world was pissed at us for NOT getting involved?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Remember in WWI and WWII when the world was pissed at us for NOT getting involved?

Basically we're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

It might be ridiculous to you. But I'm sure there's somebody that was saved by an American soldier. But, of course, there's probably somebody out there that feels wronged by America.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

It might be ridiculous to you. But I'm sure there's somebody that was saved by an American soldier. But, of course, there's probably somebody out there that feels wronged by America.

Quantity in Category A > Quantity in Category B

TANSTAAFL

Damned it you don't, benevolent if you do. That's what you meant.

benevolent, and poor, that is.

I, for one, was unaware that the world was on fire.

I, for one, was unaware that the world was on fire.

Nope, just Australia.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Don't worry, Robert_de_Sable is just an angsty little Canadian child. I don't think he understands the United States Government or Constitution that well.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

What is Obama saying? He said unless we were directly attacked he would try his damnedest to stay out of any conflict involving NK. Well how did the US enter WWII? An attack by Japan on the US. How is the US going to enter WWIII? An attack on the US by NK.

Were you dropped on your head as a child or were you just born stupid?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Are you having some flamebait fun or were you just born an e-jerk?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Are you just having some flamebait fun or were you just born an e-jerk?

Is this entire quote chain going to be two part questins or are you guys just a little bored?

TANSTAAFL

Are you just having some flamebait fun or were you just born an e-jerk?

Is this entire quote chain going to be two part questins or are you guys just a little bored?

Would we be on the internet if we weren't bored?

Edit: damnit, accidental C-c-c-combo breaker.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png