I'm Having Some School Trouble

Knotch_Blade

You need to constantly remind yourself that your homework/school has deadlines while your gaming is always available day and night. Get your homework/studying out of the way and your XBOX/PC/PS3 will still be there waiting for you. I know that helps me. But like others have said, it all comes down to will power.

Zaataar.png

Id say do this - Disconnect your systems when your done, then when u come home and you gotta do your homework, u will see that your system is disconnected, unplugged, etc. first do homework then go and plug it in. I wouldnt reccomend getting a lalptop until you get into the habbit of doing homework/ study first. As a last resort id say bring your system into a used electronic store.

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Have you even decided that competitive success is what you want from life? Do you want to live a fulfilling life or so you just want to become another sheep trapped in the rat race?

Happiness isn't all about monetary success and being better than others. In fact, those are often the cause of unhappiness. You're a bit young for this, but think long and hard about what you really want - don't get stuck complying with what society tells you you should be, be what you want to be. Don't let yourself get trapped working for "success" if that isn't what you truly want (and you probably won't figure that out for a while).

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I spend almost no time at all doing homework currently.

However, I still get very good grades. I think that this will be a problem for me next year though... since I will be in university taking engineering (a LOT more work).

Have you even decided that competitive success is what you want from life? Do you want to live a fulfilling life or so you just want to become another sheep trapped in the rat race?

Happiness isn't all about monetary success and being better than others. In fact, those are often the cause of unhappiness. You're a bit young for this, but think long and hard about what you really want - don't get stuck complying with what society tells you you should be, be what you want to be. Don't let yourself get trapped working for "success" if that isn't what you truly want (and you probably won't figure that out for a while).

Attaboy.

I for one think you can do good in school to spite the conformism of nonconformists conforming to the conformist attitude that all nonconformists conform (or non as the case may be) to the strategy of nonconformism.

Basically, do whatever the [bleep] you want.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Uhh... I'm pretty social I go to all the school dances and I do a lot of stuff during the week. But I hate weekends, my parent's divorce constantly screws me in the [wagon]. My dad has a new girlfriend with a 4 and 6 year old sons and so I'm dragged along to w/e the hell they want to do, and my mom studies and doesn't have time to drive me around. So the weekends are usually my R & R; I get a lot of sleep.

However, I do go out on dates with my girlfriend etc. But none of my friends come over to my house b/c the house smells like my moms smoking.

All I'm going to say as I've been in the exact same situation before, grow a [bleep] back bone kid and stop screwing about, you've got to realise how important good results are as they give you the most opportunities in life.

Don't blame your new Bio teacher for dropping grades, you simply haven't compensated enough for the teacher change, Ie you're not studying hard enough to compensate for the crappy teacher.

Quick question, are you social? Social doesn't count as playing with friends online or football, I mean on the weekends do you go and hang out with your friends or just play games? If all you do is play games, you'll most likely be socially redundant by college and going around calling people 'dumb noobs'.

Study harder for school, especially for Bio.

Stop blaming non-physical addictions and crappy teachers for your drop in grades, simple fact is kid it seems you have no backbone to actually achieve straight A's.

Actually, I wasn't complaining about the Bio teacher, my old bio teacher was an amazing teacher, and all the classwork we did in her class was bonus pts on the test, in my new class it's all daily formative grades.

@ killerbeer0/Lenticular_J

I actually feel that way about my English/Spanish classes... as I felt about my Bio class last semester...

I enjoy writing a lot, I'm quite creative and receive good grades on my essays.

I'm also really talented in Spanish, and I get really [cabbage] pissed off when the valedictorian, who is in my class asks, "Is this on the quiz/test?" and my teacher says no so she starts studying for a different class; whereas I pay attention because one day I'd like to be fluent.

As for biology, micro-biology i loved, but the macro-biology I hate. I like body systems/anatomy/health science but not animals/plants/fungi/protists.

I also enjoy my Geography and my History classes, I've been around the world and I'm quite open-minded an I love learning about new cultures and their history.

Geometry is a blow-off course, I can finish my homework while my teacher is teaching...

Thanks for the advice.

Most of this advice I'm not going to start applying 'til next year, I'm taking some on-line courses so I can take Orchestra, Soccer, and Spanish all through my senior year, so I'll get some practice then.

Also, for anyone who actually reads this post,

How would I go about telling my dad I don't like spending Sunday/Thursday nights with him?

I've told him before but he makes himself the victim.

And the reason is not because I don't like being with him, it's just that I hate having to have a random change in my routine every Thursday/ every other Sunday.

Thanks alot everyone. :)

~Knotch

How would I go about telling my dad I don't like spending Sunday/Thursday nights with him?

And the reason is not because I don't like being with him, it's just that I hate having to have a random change in my routine every Thursday/ every other Sunday.

Tell him exactly why, and then tell him to cut the crap if he makes himself the victim.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

Tell him exactly why, and then tell him to cut the crap if he makes himself the victim.

Well, I knew how to tell him, I just wanted to know if it was possible to do it w/o hurting his feelings.

I really don't want to break my bond with my dad.

~Knotch

You don't want to see your father because it screws with your routine? What routine exactly? This is your father, what routine could possibly be more important than seeing him? Adjust to your new routine. If you honestly believe that people are going to adapt to your routine for the rest of your life you're kidding yourself. You need to weigh up with what's more important before what you want. Family > routine. If you study for a particular class on Thursday evenings then go to your dad's house, say hello, have a quick chat about what's new and then bring out your books and study. The only problem is if you want to study and he's trying to take you out somewhere. That's when you say "no thanks I have to study" if he makes you go then talk to your mum and negotiate something. Anything in your routine at home, you're quite capable of doing at your dad's house. The world doesn't shift for you the sooner you get it, the better. At worst, negotiate another day or time to see him but I still believe whatever it is that's so important in your routine you can achieve it at your dad's house.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.