What is off topic coming to?

Joes_So_Cool

Baww, you've been here for a year and a half you don't like the way this forum is going? This forum has gone through so many phases, and you're just expressing your dislike for the current one. It's not like anybody cares. Either wait it out, leave, or try to change it and get banned in the process.

P.S. Cry me a river.

Hey, I wasn't even warned by a mod when I brought us into the /OT/ phase and I made a whiny thread ;)

I think atm that TIF is 50% /OT/ and 50% news... no actual discussion threads.

I think discussing news is definitely a fun part of the OT. Hearing everyone's opinions on something is generally a good read.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's hard to notice that all the serious forum debaters are mostly gone. there used to be a constant flow of threads that i enjoyed to read because people used to mess each other up before.

the average age of this forum is also a lot younger now.

Baww, you've been here for a year and a half you don't like the way this forum is going? This forum has gone through so many phases, and you're just expressing your dislike for the current one. It's not like anybody cares. Either wait it out, leave, or try to change it and get banned in the process.

P.S. Cry me a river.

Hey, I wasn't even warned by a mod when I brought us into the /OT/ phase and I made a whiny thread ;)

I think atm that TIF is 50% /OT/ and 50% news... no actual discussion threads.

I think discussing news is definitely a fun part of the OT. Hearing everyone's opinions on something is generally a good read.

Except when it's:

OP: Man Kills Wife and Kids

Discuss.

--

Bob: OMG GO 2 JAIL!

--

Joe: I agree that guys a freak.

--

Bill: Yeah he is a weirdo murderer get him out of society.

--

Jeff: Wow, another murderer. Death penalty pl0x?

--

Bill: Yeah death penalty. Teach these freaks a lesson.

-------------------

That's no fun.

:lol: , that's not how OT talks. I'll give an actual example.

Topic: Man Kills Wife and Kids

Bob: He deserves to go to jail

Joe: He should get death penalty

Bob: OMG!!!HEartless republican gtfo the internet

Matt: Joe is so heartless! Fair trial we aren't stone age!

Dylan: Joe is so stupid and primitive lrn2be human noob!

Lenin: (insert joke here)

Dan: He was probably a christian

Dave: Fair trial Joe u noob!

Tom: I agree Dan, christians are so violent!

Susan: Joe is probably a christian because he's so violent and stupid.

And so on and so on until a new topic comes out.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

it's hard to notice that all the serious forum debaters are mostly gone. there used to be a constant flow of threads that i enjoyed to read because people used to mess each other up before.

I agree with this. I can name 3 14 year olds who frequntly browse OT (You know who you are!)

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I agree with this. I can name 3 14 year olds who frequntly browse OT (You know who you are!)

*slowly raises hand*

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

After a certain point, the "good" or "interesting" topics will come to an end, and there are only so many topics that are really worth discussing. There's a reason why there aren't as many thought-provoking threads anymore: because all of the thought-provoking subjects have already been chewed over a million times. If you want to see new and exciting threads, create one yourself. Can't think of one? Well now you know why there aren't that many anymore. It's HARD to think of a thought-provoking discussion that hasn't already been discussed. And if you see pointless, stupid topics that you don't think are topic-worthy, the absolute worst thing that you could do would be to reply to them. That just keep them bumped up to the top of the page even longer. If people IGNORED all the pointless threads, they would quickly cease to exist. But for some reason, most of the people on Tip.it don't seem to understand that.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I noticed an influx of said stupidity with the advent of Wongtong. Just sayin'.

Also, I somewhat agree. There's not a lot of interesting topics, really, but try my damndest I can't think of anything to post that would be. The best I can come up with-and I've been sitting on this for a little while now-is a thread on whether or not "No retreat, no surrender!" is a viable option offensively. Which could work, maybe, but I don't know if we have enough people that think that way for it to be lively.

And dizzle, I still say you need to jump in a ballpit.

:| -.-

But yeah, even if you come up with a topic that has "discussion value", people would probably say "Oh, this was posted 2 years ago". Everything's pretty much been covered, there's hardly anything new to discuss about (which is probably why people have resorted to news).

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Also, I somewhat agree. There's not a lot of interesting topics, really, but try my damndest I can't think of anything to post that would be. The best I can come up with-and I've been sitting on this for a little while now-is a thread on whether or not "No retreat, no surrender!" is a viable option offensively. Which could work, maybe, but I don't know if we have enough people that think that way for it to be lively.

But yeah, even if you come up with a topic that has "discussion value", people would probably say "Oh, this was posted 2 years ago". Everything's pretty much been covered, there's hardly anything new to discuss about (which is probably why people have resorted to news).

Well now that it's all been discussed... now what?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Well now that it's all been discussed... now what?

Now we all leave our computers and build a fire.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I was thinking of passing around some ale, flaying ourselves senseless and praising the pagan gods.

Well, sure, fi you're into that kind of thing. But I know what kind of thing you are into, so this is an acceptable alternative.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

I was thinking of passing around some ale, flaying ourselves senseless and praising the pagan gods.

Well, sure, fi you're into that kind of thing. But I know what kind of thing you are into, so this is an acceptable alternative.

You just had to turn this into a sex thing and throw it back at me... I mean come on, I just took the reject-civilization thing a bit further.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

I know this is a fairly direct attack at some news I posted not but a few hours ago, but, c'mon, now, seriously (or not really, for that matter), this is OT. Probably 75% of the posts made here in the end get flamed by someone "THIS HOLDZ NO DISCUSSION POTENTIAL" (even though it truly may) or "Oh my god, this has been posted once before in 2007! Be more original!"

Clearly we are all our own person and like reading different things, we all have our own definition of "interesting" or "enjoyable". What you find to be a topic of interest will not be someone else's, blah blah blah, so on and so forth. The fact of the matter is is that you can never truly please anyone at once, and as hard as we all may try, alas... :|

and these children that you spit on as they try to change

their worlds, they are immune to your consultations;

they're quite aware of what they're going through.

- david bowie

You just had to turn this into a sex thing and throw it back at me... I mean come on, I just took the reject-civilization thing a bit further.

Protip about Lenin: He'll make any joke to anyone, if you don't like it, and you see him chargin' his joke laz0rz, get the hell out of the way.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Protip about Lenin: He'll make any joke to anyone, if you don't like it, and you see him chargin' his joke laz0rz, get the hell out of the way.

Nah, I know how he is, and I don't give a damn if he jokes about it. I posted it here and haven't been flamed as I thought I would, so a little suggestive joke isn't too bad.

Nah, I know how he is, and I don't give a damn if he jokes about it. I posted it here and haven't been flamed as I thought I would, so a little suggestive joke isn't too bad.

I saw your thread where you said "he says 'anthro' a lot and it doesn't affect me" or something, and I thought, 'I'm proud to think I played a role in this acclimation to jokes".

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I saw your thread where you said "he says 'anthro' a lot and it doesn't affect me" or something, and I thought, 'I'm proud to think I played a role in this acclimation to jokes".

Anthro wouldn't affect me since it doesn't pertain to anything I hold significant interest in. Not sure what you mean but I'm sure you helped in your own odd way.

Well, just with everything I've thrown at you. I can think of maybe 5 or so off the top of my head.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif