4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers!!!!!!!

jjjon123

Flesh crawlers are usually the given combat monster for F2P but there other BETTER alternatives all with little or no competition ...

(thanks to tip.it for the pics!)

First let's look at the flesh crawler

Flesh_Crawler_-3-.gif

Level: 28/35/41

HP: 25

exp (per monster): 100

The most poplular training spot (bottom right corner of 2nd lvl SOS) has lvl 35 fleshy's. Though they only hit a max of 1 I find that they hit often even with full rune! Also 25 hp is quite low even with the ability to afk.

The first alternative we find is still in the SOS!

Zombie_-6-.gif

Level: 30

HP: 30

exp: 120

Cons: can hit up to 4

Not only does it have more hp, it has a lower combat than (the most poplular) lvl 35 fleshys. I don't recommend you fight this particular monster if you have low hp and/or defence as it can hit 4's but other thatn that it is a fine, but not the best, alternative to those getting

bored of fleshys.

A second even better alternative is lvl 24 zombies found in edgeville sewer.

Zombie_-3-.gif

Level: 24

HP: 30

exp: 120

Cons: can hit up to 3

WOW! with only a combat level of 24 and it STILL has 30hp. this is a great alternative to fleshies, even with its max hit of 3. But for low def/hp pures they're better alternatives yet to come!

The third is found (in abundance) on the second floor of melzar's maze.

Skeleton_-3-.gif

Level: 22

Hp: 29

exp: 116

Cons: can hit to 3

This is the absolute best spot to train for pures. not only does it have 4 more hp than fleshies, it has 6 fewer combat level's than the WEAKEST flesh crawler making it VERY friendly for 1 def pures.

[hide=!!!WARNING TOP SECRET TRAINING SPOT!!!]This is probably the least known useful training spot EVER in the history of f2p...

LVL 27 GIANT SPIDERS!

Giant_Spider_-2-.gif

Level: 27

Hp: 33

exp: 134

Cons: hits up to 3, only 3 spawns, no drops

Hiding in a tiny unmarked room in the varrok sewers is the best training spot for f2p'ers lvl 50-90 ( i am at this time training defence here :mrgreen:)

varrocksewers.png

I find that with full-rune i get hit very little. Unfortunately it

only has 3 spawns but they respawn especially fast and on a full world it can be steady xp for even a lvl 90! A thing to note is that it is multi-combat so with moderate defence it can be semi-afkable by attacking each spider and letting it sit while doing what you like.[/hide]

the end hope you like it :mrgreen:

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

How muck xp you get an hour from those giant spiders at varrock swers and do they auto attack?

Actually my mom doesn't like me playing games on the computer so i never get enough constant playing time to do stuff like that :oops:

and no they do not auto-attack

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

What're you talking about? Level 30 zombies are quite crowded, oftentimes as much so as flesh crawlers. They're my preferred range training spot and I usually go to the German PvP world.

How muck xp you get an hour from those giant spiders at varrock swers and do they auto attack?

Actually my mom doesn't like me playing games on the computer so i never get enough constant playing time to do stuff like that :oops:

and no they do not auto-attack

Do multiple timed tests of 10-20 minutes then.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I'm surprised you didn't mention the lv 50 spiders in the SOS they give 200exp per and have low def single way and they auto attack. and at 70 def i can get maybe 25k exp per trip that lasts around a half hour-45 minutes.

But this is a higher lved training spot

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

Sometimes you forgot this --- people train on flesh crawlers because they are agressive no matter how high the player's level is

For the other monsters that you've mentioned, they simply don't have this property.

That's the problem. High level people like to do semi-afk, focus on other things like chatting rather than clicking on monsters forever to attack them.

And it is those high level players camp flesh crawler forever causing the most "problem" that you've mentioned

BLOSSOM_KING.png

A new member; f2p for 4+ years

Seldom get online due to in real life business

Always support f2p improvements

Sometimes you forgot this --- people train on flesh crawlers because they are agressive no matter how high the player's level is

For the other monsters that you've mentioned, they simply don't have this property.

That's the problem. High level people like to do semi-afk, focus on other things like chatting rather than clicking on monsters forever to attack them.

And it is those high level players camp flesh crawler forever causing the most "problem" that you've mentioned

and the fact that they have decent drop and most of the monsters mentioned are skeletons and spiders wich either drop nothing or very little

• 1 month later...

The Level 27 Minotaurs are a good alternative, too. They have 22 HP, and their max hit is 2. They also drop a good amount of iron arrows and rune essence. Great place for ranging.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

The Level 27 Minotaurs are a good alternative, too. They have 22 HP, and their max hit is 2. They also drop a good amount of iron arrows and rune essence. Great place for ranging.

Only for lower levels; their low hp makes them a poor option at higher levels.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Only for lower levels; their low hp makes them a poor option at higher levels.

You can say the same for flesh crawlers, they only have 25 HP, even the level 41 ones.

I kill minotaurs because they almost never hit me, unlike flesh crawlers. Flesh crawlers might only hit 1 at max, but the damage adds up quite rapidly, whereas minotaurs, their max is 2, and their attacking speed is actually SLOWER than flesh crawlers, so the damage doesn't add up as much. Plus, minotaurs are also easier to hit, and their attacks are less accurate, therefore they are easier to kill. Easy kills = Fast XP.

They also drop iron arrows, so iron rangers may find this an excellent place to range. They can pick up the iron arrows and make more arrows than they started with (only if they pick up the arrows though!). Their iron arrow drop rate is also extremely high, and if they do not drop it, at least they drop something else (rune essence and coins come to mind) and the other item is 100% bones. Flesh crawlers, on the other hand, have the odds of dropping nothing, plus they do not drop bones, so people going for drops should not be killing flesh crawlers.

If flesh crawlers dropped steel arrows and bones, like zombies, they could have been better. Too bad.

Not that great...most people know these spots.

The beauty of flesh crawlers is they auto attack. Thats what most people want.

Except that after a while, the auto-attacking goes away. Boo hoo.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. They do stop auto attacking, but all you have to do is walk out of the room, far enough away, till you cant see the room, and they start to auto attack again. This takes maybe 30 seconds, and is SO easy.

The monsters you have listed in your guide, are by no means BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers. They are neither better for exp, profit, or ease of use. In my opinion, you should Change your guide name to:

4 alternatives to flesh crawlers!!!!!!!

Or even more accurate:

4 EQUAL/WORSE alternatives to flesh crawlers!!!!!!!

Flesh crawlers reign supreme for low to high exp training once again.

(My strength pure guide shows exactly how to train at flesh crawlers.)

Thanks.

CLICK HERE FOR AWESOME STRENGTH PURE GUIDE!!

chip_xp.png

Drops: Barrows x 8

Dragon Boots x 5

Draconic Visage x 1

Bandos Tassets x 3

No thanks- flesh crawlers give me at least 100k an hour- last week i even earned 300k, thanks to a lucky tooth key drop and several rannar herbs, not to mention they are great exp. Then again i'm p2p i don't know what it would be like in f2p

In f2p, at flesh crawlers, unless you are maxed (or close to it), you will be losing money.

The only profitable things would be the gems, and body runes. If you pick up the body runes, you will make a little bit.

Taking these factors into account, fleshcrawlers are still EASILY the best f2p training.

CLICK HERE FOR AWESOME STRENGTH PURE GUIDE!!

chip_xp.png

Drops: Barrows x 8

Dragon Boots x 5

Draconic Visage x 1

Bandos Tassets x 3

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Yes... I know you'll say "But they are members only!!!"

and my response is: well if you want members stuff, BECOME A MEMBER!

Except the people reading this guide don't want members stuff.

Please take that comment somewhere else, thank you.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Not that great...most people know these spots.

The beauty of flesh crawlers is they auto attack. Thats what most people want.

Except that after a while, the auto-attacking goes away. Boo hoo.

But aren't flesh crawlers easy to start auto attacking again by just leaving the room to another monster and then coming back? I've never trained on crawlers but it works for the spiders downstairs.
Sephy.png

Have you tried scorpions yet? ....the ones in the stronghold

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

Have you tried scorpions yet? ....the ones in the stronghold

They have a pretty good defense, so they're not really better than giant spiders.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 3 months later...

I would like to say as someone who has trained at flesh crawlers(a lot) that the aggression they display is the main benefit of the area. Their low maximum hit also allows for extremely long trips on one inventory of food. It takes virtually no effort and they do occasionally drop gems, which are fairly valuable for f2p drops.

In a world where your feet touch the ground, only giants have their heads in the clouds.

Iron Titan + Max Melees + Chaotic Rapier with Overloads & Turmoil > Flesh Crawers

no, chicken fowl + min melees + bronze dagger with combat potions > men

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].