Pixels

Recksash

I never advocated eugenics in my post. Have you forgotten what "eugenics" is? I was using the situation to imply that you cant tell the difference between reality and a book/game, based on that "old" thread.

Could you tell me, again, what about eugenics deals with losing RS pixels, and how your biased, unintelligent stereotypes make for an insult or argument? I'm afraid you forgot to include that in your post.

Now that the record is set straight, goodbye.

So much for avoiding the topic. Nice attempt at coping out of an argument you've already lost.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they are just pixels. You didn't do anything to get them, apart from click on a rock or something repetitively. When people say your items are just pixels, they are trying to say that Runescape is only a game. Its nothing to get angry over. Runescape should be something you do in your spare time. If you really care that much than you play too much.

Define what real life is, and then get back to me people who think runescape is "just pixels"

Real life you can see, you can touch and feel, you can hear, taste, and smell. In the end, thats all its about, your senses, runescape stimulates your senses, and as far as i'm concerned that good enough for me.

O.O

Yes, they are just pixels. You didn't do anything to get them, apart from click on a rock or something repetitively. When people say your items are just pixels, they are trying to say that Runescape is only a game. Its nothing to get angry over. Runescape should be something you do in your spare time. If you really care that much than you play too much.

True, but it's still my time. Telling me that my time is as trivial as a dancing pixel is a slap to the face. It's like telling someone with a Ph.D that their diploma "is only paper". What an ego.

We're not defining real life vs. RS here, we're simply defining that items in RuneScape were not as simple to accrue as the common idea misleads people. Yes, I play RS in my spare time, but if you were to simply take my achievements away (so-called 'pixels'), I know that I'd be pissed.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

How about... Its just a game?

So is life.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

How about... Its just a game?

So is life.

But if you quit the game not much happens and if you quit life... :?

Depends...

Quit the game, and move on to the next thing, if there is one. Quit life, and move on to the next thing, if there is one.

DeviledEgg24.png

True, but it's still my time. Telling me that my time is as trivial as a dancing pixel is a slap to the face. It's like telling someone with a Ph.D that their diploma "is only paper". What an ego.

We're not defining real life vs. RS here, we're simply defining that items in RuneScape were not as simple to accrue as the common idea misleads people. Yes, I play RS in my spare time, but if you were to simply take my achievements away (so-called 'pixels'), I know that I'd be pissed.

Achievments? You play Runescape because its fun. If you die, it may be inconvienient but you still had fun, right? Thats what some people cant seem to understand. Runescapes supposed to be fun, not a chore you have to go through so you can buy a Party Hat or whatever. How can you possibly say that you wasted "your" time if you had fun? If dieing was truly as bad as losing a diploma or heaps of money then Jagex would take it out alltogether.

Achievments? You play Runescape because its fun. If you die, it may be inconvienient but you still had fun, right? Thats what some people cant seem to understand. Runescapes supposed to be fun, not a chore you have to go through so you can buy a Party Hat or whatever. How can you possibly say that you wasted "your" time if you had fun? If dieing was truly as bad as losing a diploma or heaps of money then Jagex would take it out alltogether.

What's the point of life?

DeviledEgg24.png

42! Er, sorry, couldn't resist.

Dying is fun? Go say that in a hospital. No one plans to die, and therefore doing so is a major inconvenience. It wastes time because you do not want to lose items you've worked days or even weeks to get.

I could post the Christian meaning, or just to give awareness to the universe.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

I could post the Christian meaning, or just to give awareness to the universe.

Ok, theological debates aside (I'm strictly Christan myself, but this is a hypothetical discussion so I'm allowed to look beyond that :lol: ), what's the difference between that and RS?

DeviledEgg24.png

You have one chance at life? No respawn I guess

And one is a business that makes 21 year old Brits money.

You can lose runescape, and still have life, but if you lose life you lose runescape.

None of those relate to losing items. It's not death we're complaining about, it's loss of items.

I can hardly believe I'm trying to prove that there's no difference between Runescape and life, but when it comes right down to it there aint much of a difference :?

DeviledEgg24.png

You have one chance at life? No respawn I guess

And one is a business that makes 21 year old Brits money.

You can lose runescape, and still have life, but if you lose life you lose runescape.

None of those relate to losing items. It's not death we're complaining about, it's loss of items.

I can hardly believe I'm trying to prove that there's no difference between Runescape and life, but when it comes right down to it there aint much of a difference :?

No protect item in real life. quote=compfreak847 I'm strictly Christan myself

:thumbup:

Runescape is a virtual life. I agree with you on this one.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

We're talking about items already lost, and I haven't seen a single difference yet ;)

DeviledEgg24.png

We're talking about items already lost, and I haven't seen a single difference yet ;)

Well RWT is the only difference.

Player A makes $22.5/h and spends it on gold at the rate of 1m/$2.5. Player A makes 9m/h

Player B makes 1m/h honestly. The value in time of runescape objects can vary greatly. Time lost = items lost.

DO NOT RWT THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Player A makes $22.5/h and spends it on gold at the rate of 1m/$2.5. Player A makes 9m/h

Player B makes 1m/h honestly. The value in time of runescape objects can vary greatly. Time lost = items lost.

No different in the real world, a doctor could spend an hour making $70, while a coal miner makes less hten that in a full 8 hour day with far harder labor ;)

DeviledEgg24.png

No different in the real world, a doctor could spend an hour making $70, while a coal miner makes less hten that in a full 8 hour day with far harder labor ;)

But if your a doctor, money is worth less (not worthless) to you because you can make it back easier. I have no clue what im saying though...

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

But if your a doctor, money is worth less (not worthless) to you because you can make it back easier. I have no clue what im saying though...

Same for a RWTer. It's all an exact parallel, it's almost impossible to separate based on characteristics alone. My point: While not the same exact thing, it's on par with real world items, and it certainly is a 'big deal'.

DeviledEgg24.png

I think the term came from boyfriends/girlfriends and being that your girlfriend is just pixels.

I would not be surprised.

I think the term came from boyfriends/girlfriends and being that your girlfriend is just pixels.

Which, of course, she isn't. Unless it's a bot your talking to, those pixels represent an actual person and should be treated as such.

DeviledEgg24.png

It basically goes like this: If you're a higher level than me you have no life. If you are lower than me you're a noob. :lol:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol: