Some 'blogger' parent thinks RS makes kids fat

shivers21

I'm thinking the writer is just a mindless troll. If she was serious, she'd at least describe the other "influences" of runescape: perhaps describing the lack of exercise a kid gets from sitting on the computer for 3 hours straight, or thinking that drinking beer would make you stronger like it does in runescape. But no... she goes for swordfish binging.

I'm thinking we all just got M-M-M-MULTI TROLL'd.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure that was Peter Zezima's real life girlfriend...

Aaaaaaanyway, wow. Just wow...what else can be said?

P.S. If you are stupid enough to think that eating a lot will heal your injuries, you deserve to eat yourself to death.

EDIT:Wow that can be taken wrong, eat yourself to death... :lol:

Big_Stingman.png

I'm pretty sure that was Peter Zezima's real life girlfriend...

Aaaaaaanyway, wow. Just wow...what else can be said?

P.S. If you are stupid enough to think that eating a lot will heal your injuries, you deserve to eat yourself to death.

EDIT:Wow that can be taken wrong, eat yourself to death... :lol:

That last part almost made me fall off my chair :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I can't tell if the person is being serious or not, but for the sake of argument, I'll assume that the person is being serious. That said, since the author references Encyclopedia Dramatica, I would be wary of trusting anything that the author says.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

So how many calories is one slice of RuneScape?

People like this are idiots, they generalize, dramatize and sensationalize. I've lost 40KGs in the past 6 months, and I play RuneScape, amongst other addictive games, ALL the time. Some of the fat people out there with a loud mouth like to make themselves seem victimised, they pass the blame around and whine that someone made them fat. McDonalds doesn't make you fat by existing, YOU make YOURSELF fat by buying it! Similar concepts apply to Runescape.

If parents are worried about their kids getting fat, all they have to do is push them outside for a lowly 1 hour walk each day. That 1 hour works wonders, and all the RuneScape in the world won't make you fat from it.

One thing that annoyed me is the mention of cyber. Honestly, who would do that in Runescape? Unless people get horny from hearing "**** my carrot" then there isn't even a way of doing it with RuneScape's censors. Might be a problem in other games, but I've never heard of a single cyber case in RS.

As for this author being worried that kids will think healing cuts in real life can be done via eating because of Runescape, I'm speachless. This must be the stupidest thing I've ever heard, even a small child is smart enough to realise eating isn't a bandaid.

/Mini Rant.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Wow.. I'd like to challenge this "blogger" to any physical challenge. I suppose she attempted this food binging after eating 28 apple pies on Runescape. I suppose this whole blog is probably a joke, seeing as the writing isn't great, but it still pains me to see the narrow-minded thinking of someone who is supposed to be wiser. -.-

Time to kill her blog.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I was tempted to stop reading when she mentioned ravenous typing, but I persevered. Then she mentioned Encyclopedia Dramatica. I nearly lost it. When she said 'brain stamp,' however, I gave up.

Whatever the rest of the article holds, it's not worth subjecting myself to. It seems the epidemic of idiocy is still at large, with no hope of ceasing. Though I guess it's a blessing that she's ignorant of her disease, or I suppose she'd blog about that too.

hzvjpwS.gif

I was tempted to stop reading when she mentioned ravenous typing, but I persevered. Then she mentioned Encyclopedia Dramatica. I nearly lost it. When she said 'brain stamp,' however, I gave up.

Whatever the rest of the article holds, it's not worth subjecting myself to. It seems the epidemic of idiocy is still at large, with no hope of ceasing. Though I guess it's a blessing that she's ignorant of her disease, or I suppose she'd blog about that too.

Unfortunately, the people who suffer from the worst cases of this disease always seem to be the ones with the most available time to write blogs like this... :wall:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Blogger = Idiot. Period.

When it comes right down to it, practically ANYTHING in this world can have a bad influence on a child, if you word it correctly. This blog post is like one big clich'e.

& anyway, I'm almost 15 & I've barely gained a kilogram in about 2 years, which is the period I have been playing RuneScape for. So much for RuneScape making kids fat.

Failblog.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

Parenting fail. Maybe they could've taken the time to engage their kids in fun physical activity rather than complain on the internet. They make a valid point but actions speak so much louder than words.

Zaataar.png

Greatest comment so far in this thread about her blog. I would never imagen saying this word, but i am dazzled by your comment.

Such great one <3:

But hey English is not my mother tongue, so what does ravenous mean. Also what is Encyclopedia Dramatica about, i have never comed across it (I am guessing a Encyclopedia where it has negative facts?)

I am appalled! :shock:

This woman stupified me with her ignorance, her idiocity. I am blinded by the sheer pointlessness and wrongness of this sick excuse for a blog. Her foolish attempts to look intelligent and thoughtfull have failed undeniably. It fooled no one and never will fool anyone. My sympathy goes out to each and every thing in this universe, be it man, woman, child, pet, cloud, wallpaper or rock which has to endure seeing this woman alive and capable of writing such trash. It seems that balance really is omnipresent in this world, for the horde of brainless nitwits continues to grow while the good part of civilization learns ever more. I guess there must be equality.

And in case it's fake, good job :P

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Sitting on your [wagon] all day will make you fat, regardless of what it is you're doing.

I hate people who try to blame problems on video games. The whole "omg he shot up a school because of playing violent games like GTA" argument makes me want to punch a baby. The argument that MMOs are a haven for child molesters is also stupid. It's just an example of failed parenting and excuse-making. It is the parent's job to babysit the child, not the game developer's. If a kid tries to meet some stranger he/she met online, it's not the game developer's fault if the child goes missing. It's the parent's fault for not teaching his/her kid properly and not supervising his/her activities.

td2sig.jpg

Blame the music they listen to, Blame the games they read, The films they watch, the foods they eat. Blame the schools..... just what ever you do don't blame the parents.

It's a sad fact of the nanny culture the western world is in that means people can never take blame, there is always sombody else.

If your child plays a game too much, yes they need to reduce it even stop, but it's not the game developers fault if a parent cannot educate their children to have a healthy life. Now I am not going to claim I had a perfect upbringing.... as I didn't and I am now trying to fix the bad habits in my life, but I will never hold responsibility outside myself and immediate family.

I notice the Blog writers fear of exposure to these Fake gods, and to be honest this does speak a bit about her mentality as she cannot allow any challenges to cross her faith, which I feel is an important factor in every life and belief's.

On a side note, food to restore health in games is very common place.... it seems to be on of the biggest standards in games there you can take damage..... where did it start? earliest I can think of would be Castle wolfinstein with chicken dinners.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Where i canz mine dragonz? :twss:

on topic: #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

this person dosent get. oi vey!

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]