Good nastalgia or good ol' BS?

yanksrule

gonna put the argument on the front page because A: i feel like it. B: i want to know every ones opinion.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not patronize me. I've taken alegbra and have no intrest in your beloved wikipedia. I want proof directly from Runescape\Jagex otherwise you really don't know.

Jagex has never released articles on algebraic equations to my knowledge, and Wikiepdia is a widely accredited source for accurate information. Here's another source if you don't really trust wikipedia; I can assure you that they are quite reliable: http://library.thinkquest.org/20991/prealg/eq.html

It's not that I mistrust wikipedia. I mistrust the information relating to runescape and your theory.

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

with the influx of more f2p going to the forums wouldn't they have to hire more mods? so if they hire more mods, less money spent for updates and such.

just kind of throwing that out there ::'

1004.png

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

It's not that I mistrust wikipedia. I mistrust the information relating to runescape and your theory.

I'll go through the steps again:

#1: Jagex is a for-profit business (jagex.com)

#2: The goal of a for-profit business, by definition, is to make a profit (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/for-profit)

#3: In order to maintain a stead profit, if costs in one sector increase costs in another sector must decrease to compensate (Simple addition, General Math; Detailed in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algebra)

Final statement: If FTP costs go up, PTP costs must come down to maintain profit, as detailed in #3.

Please explain which of the steps you think are incorrect.

Player mods are free... :|

Jagex mods to read forums and post stickies as well as interfere in serious cases certainly aren't, but I believe the bulk of the costs will be hosting and bandwidth.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Please explain which of the steps you think are incorrect.

Final Statement

Jagex mods to read forums and post stickies as well as interfere in serious cases certainly aren't, but I believe the bulk of the costs will be hosting and bandwidth.

OK BASICALLY free. Happy?

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Final Statement

#3: In order to maintain a stead profit, if costs in one sector increase costs in another sector must decrease to compensate (Simple addition, General Math; Detailed in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algebra)

Why do you disagree? What makes you think Jagex is exempt from the laws of decimal math? Any logical reason besides the Jagex towers being situated in a black hole? Since you rattled on so long about sources, I'd like to see some on YOUR data :roll:

OK BASICALLY free. Happy?

Reasonably so, but it's yet another cost.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Why do you disagree? What makes you think Jagex is exempt from the laws of decimal math? Any logical reason besides the Jagex towers being situated in a black hole? Since you rattled on so long about sources, I'd like to see some on YOUR data

Not even revenue lost to directly effect p2p

Reasonably so, but it's yet another cost.

Somehow I don't believe you :roll:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

As far as I know, FTP and PTP are made by the same company (Jagex Ltd.). Source: Jagex.com. As such, the repercussions from a change are felt across the company; you won't have one sector failing without the company backing it up.

On one side, we have Jagex financial records. On the other, we have "T3h1337m3x1c4n" saying he doesn't believe them with no logic or sources whatsoever to back up his claim. Let's see, who wins? Sorry, but Jagex knows more about Jagex then you :lol:

DeviledEgg24.png

As far as I know, FTP and PTP are made by the same company (Jagex Ltd.). Source: Jagex.com. As such, the repercussions from a change are felt across the company; you won't have one sector failing without the company backing it up.

On one side, we have Jagex financial records. On the other, we have "T3h1337m3x1c4n" saying he doesn't believe them with no logic or sources whatsoever to back up his claim. Let's see, who wins? Sorry, but Jagex knows more about Jagex then you :lol:

1. I agree with you on that. Doesn't have to do with forums.

2. WOW stop stalking me I don't even use that aim anymore it's like 4 years old and my friend made it for me in middle school before I knew what "lol" meant. Why you trying to make this personal? Maybe because you're wrong? :roll:

3. You're not Jagex. You're just a fanboy :shame:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

1. I agree with you on that. Doesn't have to do with forums.

It's a corollary to my next argument, proving it correct.

2. WOW stop stalking me I don't even use that aim anymore it's like 4 years old and my friend made it for me in middle school before I knew what "lol" meant. Why you trying to make this personal? Maybe because you're wrong? :roll:

Or maybe because I'm correct and your trying to use it to avoid an argument. Also, I have a question: If you were in middle school 4 years ago, how old are you now?

3. You're not Jagex. You're just a fanboy :shame:

What on earth does that have to do with their financial records? Your trying to say employee cost is 0, while this chart from their records says your wrong:

JagexFinancialOverview.gif

And let us not forget CR:

JagexStaff.jpg

More like your a fool who's trying to argue against a company's financial records and the decimal system itself =D>

DeviledEgg24.png

It's a corollary to my next argument, proving it correct.

No it's just more BS that you try and make look like it's proving your point.

Or maybe because I'm correct and your trying to use it to avoid an argument. Also, I have a question: If you were in middle school 4 years ago, how old are you now?

13 middle school 17 now 4 years. Maybe you should read retake that algebra class =D>

You have fun taking the time to post those charts? Cause They don't say anything directed to us losing updates because of f2p forum access. Untill I see something from jagex DRIECTLY saying it's slowed down our updates it's just your opinion.

Gmeshsig2.jpg

No it's just more BS that you try and make look like it's proving your point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algebra seem to take issue with that. No matter how much you whine about it, 2 + 2 will never equal 5 :roll:

13 middle school 17 now 4 years. Maybe you should read retake that algebra class =D>

I don't recall seeing you say you were in 8th grade, perhaps you could point that out for me? All I remember is "middle school", taken to mean grades 5 through 8th (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_sch ... th_America).

You have fun taking the time to post those charts? Cause They don't say anything directed to us losing updates because of f2p forum access. Untill I see something from jagex DRIECTLY saying it's slowed down our updates it's just your opinion.

Ever been to A[bleep]hanastan? If you haven't, how do you know it exists? How do you know the Space Shuttle landed? I didn't see anything about that at Jagex.com. In the same manner, I know that business are designed to produce profit. I'll repeat my steps again, since it seem to have slipped your mind as to which one you were arguing against :roll:

#1: Jagex is a for-profit business (jagex.com)

#2: The goal of a for-profit business, by definition, is to make a profit (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/for-profit)

#3: If losses increase in one area, they must decrease in another to maintain profit (Simple addition, General Math; Detailed in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algebra)

DeviledEgg24.png

seem to take issue with that. No matter how much you whine about it, 2 + 2 will never equal 5

Uhm you're the one whining. Because people now have freedom they didn't used to have. I.E. Hater.

I don't recall seeing you say you were in 8th grade, perhaps you could point that out for me? All I remember is "middle school", taken to mean grades 5 through 8th (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_sch ... th_America).

Just keep blindly assuming. So hard to keep a conversation with a blindly ignorant underdeveloped "adult"...

Ever been to A[bleep]hanastan? If you haven't, how do you know it exists? How do you know the Space Shuttle landed? I didn't see anything about that at Jagex.com. In the same manner, I know that business are designed to produce profit. I'll repeat my steps again, since it seem to have slipped your mind as to which one you were arguing against

Haha you just contradicted yourself. Did you go down to england and find jagex's stats and take them yourself? NO. How do you know they are correct? You don't You just ASSUME

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assume

Break it down with me k? [wagon](out of) u (and) me

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Uhm you're the one whining. Because people now have freedom they didn't used to have. I.E. Hater.

May I ask what that has to do with Algebra? I'm whining because the money I paid to receive updates is being distributed to freeloaders with no return.

Just keep blindly assuming. So hard to keep a conversation with a blindly ignorant underdeveloped "adult"...

Sorry, but flame as you will, you can't materialize money out of thin air.

Haha you just contradicted yourself. Did you go down to england and find jagex's stats and take them yourself? NO. How do you know they are correct? You don't You just ASSUME

*sigh*

The sarcasm floats right over your head :?

DeviledEgg24.png

being a spectator, i want to shout something out: he's not pulling the information out of his [wagon]. there were financial records (all beit old) from 2007 (or 04? doesn't matter) that apparently were on the internet. he made a big argument (unsurprising) about it and posted the link where he got all the information. i know because i saw the thread. nest post i'm fairly certain he'll post it.

1004.png

May I ask what that has to do with Algebra? I'm whining because the money I paid to receive updates is being distributed to freeloaders with no return.

It doesn't learn to read. Oh and, Good. :D

Sorry, but flame as you will, you can't materialize money out of thin air.

Sorry, not a flamer like you :shame:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

All right i'll tell you what, You post a direct message from jagex saying that it's hurting out updates and ill bow down, admit i'm wrong whatever.

Untill then you're just gonna repeat yourself because youre stubborn and I have no intention of wasting my time when you obviously have so much of it.

Gmeshsig2.jpg

being a spectator, i want to shout something out: he's not pulling the information out of his [wagon]. there were financial records (all beit old) from 2007 (or 04? doesn't matter) that apparently were on the internet. he made a big argument (unsurprising) about it and posted the link where he got all the information. i know because i saw the thread. nest post i'm fairly certain he'll post it.

It's 07, but he's making the argument that because I didn't personally collect them from Jagex, the numbers are invalid :lol:

It doesn't learn to read. Oh and, Good. :D

I did learn to read, well enough to read the financial statements. It would be good for you to do so also.

Sorry, not a flamer like you :shame:

Not sure what insult your trying to use, but I certainly can't materialize money either. Hence why I'd rather mine went to updates for me, not updates for freeloaders.

All right i'll tell you what, You post a direct message from jagex saying that it's hurting out updates and ill bow down, admit i'm wrong whatever.

Sorry, but I don't need Jagex to tell me that addition works. Thankfully, I have their financial records anyway, so I have both.

Untill then you're just gonna repeat yourself because youre stubborn and I have no intention of wasting my time when you obviously have so much of it.

There's more direct ways to admit you were wrong, but I guess that works too.

DeviledEgg24.png

You just know jagex will prove you wrong.

And oh not i'm no wrong. You just no-life on TIF untill someone goes to bed or gets bored of you. Just because someone ends an arguement doesn't mean you win. Just means you're stubborn.

This is why people hate you. "No logic" and "no point" is your opinion. I could say the exact same thing; that your agument has "no logic" and no "point" and it was disproved in the first page. (Obviously you are wrong since this argument has gone longer than 1 page) In fact, you are a hypocrite as well since almost everytime a topic has gone off topic in TIF is because you treat people has if they are an inferior species whos purpose in life is to worship you. You're such an arrogant jerk its not funny anymore.

Gmeshsig2.jpg

You just know jagex will prove you wrong.

That's odd, their financial records seem to disagree with you, as does our current system of accepted decimal manipulation.

And oh not i'm no wrong. You just no-life on TIF untill someone goes to bed or gets bored of you. Just because someone ends an arguement doesn't mean you win. Just means you're stubborn.

Or your just using it as an excuse because you've been proven wrong. As for the quote below, I'd like to show you a PM from that same person I received a few hours ago:

Sorry about getting angry at you, something bad happened to me irl and i got annoyed. Sorry about overreacting so much! :wall: :x

'Nuff said.

DeviledEgg24.png

You have no proof.

See people don't get the chance to say that stuff about me because im not like you. You're filled with hate and anger and stubborness.

Ever think he just didn't want to talk to you anymore? Or have you harass him?

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Here if you still don't believe me.

You should have seen my inbox the day after that post, here's a sample of the trash thrown my way: "wow ur such a nerd, gtfo tif no one here wants u. idc if u report this cuz i made this acc just to send this so idc if it gets banned. get a life loser grow a pair and stop acting like a little kid". I had to clear out my inbox twice in 3 days, as I kept hitting the message limit.

Wow who said this? Hmm. Seems like you love negitive attention, as you seem to brag about people disliking you. So, im going to say it. I love you man you're a good person. Does that make you feel better? ;)

Gf. Just remember the love man remember the love haha.

Gmeshsig2.jpg

You have no proof.

No proof besides financial records, public statement, the main website itself, PTP vs. FTP, and the entire current decimal system. What's your proof, again? I don't recall any of your sources, perhaps you forgot to include them?

See people don't get the chance to say that stuff about me because im not like you. You're filled with hate and anger and stubborness.

I don't hate anyone on this forum, I'm in a very good mood now (and have been for the past week, buisness is looking up somewhat \' ), but I do stick to what I believe in. One out of three aint bad.

Ever think he just didn't want to talk to you anymore?

He's welcome to ignore my posts, I certainly wasn't forcing him to read them.

Or have you harass him?

He's the one who sent hate-filled PMs, I never sent him any unsolicited message of spam or any other kind :?

DeviledEgg24.png

No proof besides financial records, public statement, the main website itself, PTP vs. FTP, and the entire current decimal system. What's your proof, again? I don't recall any of your sources, perhaps you forgot to include them?

Untill I see proof I won't present any? No need to disprove something that isn't relevant.

I don't hate anyone on this forum, I'm in a very good mood now (and have been for the past week, buisness is looking up somewhat ), but I do stick to what I believe in. One out of three aint bad.

Um ok. This is your good mood? :| That's a little odd. Anyways you sure act like you hate. :(

Gmeshsig2.jpg