Long time F2Pers

CreameEgg

How do you manage to do it? How can you stay F2P for so long and get such high levels?

I only play Runescape during the holidays so when I play, I find I quickly become bored, my levels are nearly all around the 50 mark (apart from fishing and cooking which are around 70, and crafting which is like 20 :lol: ) and I've completed all the quests, so I feel there's nothing left to do. Plus because I only play during holidays when I come back I find friends have all quit or made new accounts, so I make a few new ones and the same thing happens again.

The_Dons_Lad.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you manage to do it? How can you stay F2P for so long and get such high levels?

I only play Runescape during the holidays so when I play, I find I quickly become bored, my levels are nearly all around the 50 mark (apart from fishing and cooking which are around 70, and crafting which is like 20 :lol: ) and I've completed all the quests, so I feel there's nothing left to do. Plus because I only play during holidays when I come back I find friends have all quit or made new accounts, so I make a few new ones and the same thing happens again.

There are no long term F2Pers, they're all computer programs or zombies with their hands attached to a mouse, chained down and forced to play.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Well some people don't find it boring. Tbh, I would be able to survive F2P if I had friends to talk to. All it is is a tedious version of P2P. xD

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Well, seeing I have no way of actually paying for members (Having the money is another story) without my parents, I'm at the mercy of them. I've always wanted to be members, but sometimes just didn't have the grades (Straight As or straight back to F2P) or courage to ask. Almost everyone who likes this game would probably be willing to pay the six dollars a month if they could.

Well, seeing I have no way of actually paying for members (Having the money is another story) without my parents, I'm at the mercy of them. I've always wanted to be members, but sometimes just didn't have the grades (Straight As or straight back to F2P) or courage to ask. Almost everyone who likes this game would probably be willing to pay the six dollars a month if they could.

Don't they have Runescape giftcards in America?

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Don't they have Runescape giftcards in America?

Yep you just go to target, or do what I do and use the pay by phone method. Then there's just some mysterious $6 charge on the phone bill.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

i find it really surprising aswell, to some degree i have great respect for those people, but somehow i think theyre crazy at the same time :P

I myself have had no more than 3 days of f2p madness before i decided to get members (and ive been member non-stop since that day, due to lazyness, but still :P). Anyway eventhough i had only played 3 days yet, the thought of there being items and training methods not available on f2p made me decide to get members practically right away. Which resulted in me being totally unaware of f2p phenomena, i never come there and practically never have...

anyway enough about me, to repeat: i think those long-term players are crazy albeit respectworthy (they do proof love for the game :D)

Lord_Beloved.png

Well, out of my moreoless 5 years of playing runescape, the first two years and a half I had never been member. From personal experience, the only way to survive in F2P is having friends to chat with 24/7. Otherwise, you end up too borred to play.

16185_s.gif

We're too cheap to buy p2p & we want to hang out with rs friends & play the game. (which i just lost)

Well that;s my excuse for being f2p anyway.

Noob :P

Yeah, some of us just don't want to pay :)

And now I don't play anymore because I got bored :(

Sounds like most of you aren't this type of F2P player he's describing.

I've been F2P my entire RS career

de37f58ee8.png

FoG, GOP, Clan Wars, BH, and PVP in general are what's kept me interested. Plus a couple great clan chats in the past few months have kept me interested. Really, being able to set goals and achieve them (70 RC anyone?) are what's kept me around for the long haul. That and Tip.it.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I've never understood why they stay f2p. P2P is much better.

that's only your opinion ;)

i like the simplicity of f2p, and only a small percentage of p2p updates interested me, not nearly enough to be worth paying to play RS. i like that it hasn't changed much since rs1, and that i'm not burdened with completing a new quest each week.

a large majority of the p2p quests look pretty stupid, and none of the skills or minigame have intrigued me enough to buy membership... all the hype leading up to summoning got me the closest, but then after reading about it, i didn't like it as much anymore.

160vy.png

We're too cheap to buy p2p & we want to hang out with rs friends & play the game. (which i just lost)

Noob :P

Yeah, some of us just don't want to pay :)

And now I don't play anymore because I got bored :(

omg hi<33 i havent seen you in ages. i didnt think you still posted.

Get on AIM more often lol. preferably when i'm awake too >.>

n 2 add 2 this, are only frineds r n rs

and yes, All my friends are in runescape, which is why i play it so much.

Staying f2p is quite a bit easier than going from f2p to p2p to f2p i can say...it's soooo rough coming back to f2p after being a member for like 2 years. Real rough. Can't do anything you can do, and i have no bankspace now and forgot to organize it for f2p. You'd be surprised with the fun you can have.

:P The challenge is what keeps me F2P, despite the "agony" and all the complaining I did.

I have the money to get P2P, but then I'd be obsessed with completing every single quest in chronological order (i.e. when they came out in the game) in order to progress through them much more quickly. Not to mention I'd also be obsessed with getting all the music and finishing up achievement diaries.

No, I'm not obsessive compulsive. But I don't like seeing unfinished tasks either, and with the amount that P2P has, yeesh! O_O I rather max out my F2P stats first. :oops:

These are some reasons why people like me stay F2P.

reason 1:

I must admit, staying F2P used to be a drag. There used to be no updates for F2P whatsoever. But the past year quite some F2P updates were made: Grand Exchange, Stronghold of Security, Stronghold of Safety, Fist Of Guthix and Great Orb Project (together with their new items), Bounty Hunter, Team capes, Clan Chat with Lootshare, More Bankspace, PvP Worlds (Corrupt dragon items), two more (temporary) quests, Forum Access, and the list goes on and on.

Besides, i dont know if i could survive in P2P. It's just so much content. So, in short, F2P has sufficient new content/updates to keep me satisfied, while P2P has to much of it(for me).

As a side note: There are allot of things that could be improved in the F2P game. In my opinion, it's good to make jagex aware of them and give them feedback. However, with all of the recent updates I really don't think we have the right to complain.

reason 2:

F2P is more of a ... challenge. I think it's much more of an achievement to, let's say, get a 99 skill in F2P. Therefor, you get more respect. If we would also have capes to show off our achievements that would be awesome.

You gain xp way slower in F2P. If I would make my account P2P now, it would be as if I did all that slow training for nothing. As if I would undo my achievements so to speak.

reason 3:

This might not account for me, but I am aware that some people can't afford to pay for the game.

reason 4:

Now that I am aware of a top 250 F2P (tip.it and A_U_R_A's) it is another push to stay F2P. But this might fall under reason 1, as it is my "personal new content".

I hope this answers your questions.

G A L U F

g_a_l_u_f.png

reason 2:

F2P is more of a ... challenge. I think it's much more of an achievement to, let's say, get a 99 skill in F2P. Therefor, you get more respect. If we would also have capes to show off our achievements that would be awesome.

You gain xp way slower in F2P. If I would make my account P2P now, it would be as if I did all that slow training for nothing. As if I would undo my achievements so to speak.

Agreed - 70 runecrafting in F2P is just as big of an achievement as some 99s in P2P (cooking, firemaking, attack, purchased prayer anyone?) If I became a P2P now, it would undo everything.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪