Long time F2Pers

CreameEgg

I survived in ftp for quite along time, but once i did all the quests, trained the skills till i grew bored of them and convinced my dad that jagex where not scammers i leaped into P2P, now, i dont think i could ever go back to F2P

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you manage to do it? How can you stay F2P for so long and get such high levels?

Patience.

[hide=]

These are some reasons why people like me stay F2P.

reason 1:

I must admit, staying F2P used to be a drag. There used to be no updates for F2P whatsoever. But the past year quite some F2P updates were made: Grand Exchange, Stronghold of Security, Stronghold of Safety, Fist Of Guthix and Great Orb Project (together with their new items), Bounty Hunter, Team capes, Clan Chat with Lootshare, More Bankspace, PvP Worlds (Corrupt dragon items), two more (temporary) quests, Forum Access, and the list goes on and on.

Besides, i dont know if i could survive in P2P. It's just so much content. So, in short, F2P has sufficient new content/updates to keep me satisfied, while P2P has to much of it(for me).

As a side note: There are allot of things that could be improved in the F2P game. In my opinion, it's good to make jagex aware of them and give them feedback. However, with all of the recent updates I really don't think we have the right to complain.

reason 2:

F2P is more of a ... challenge. I think it's much more of an achievement to, let's say, get a 99 skill in F2P. Therefor, you get more respect. If we would also have capes to show off our achievements that would be awesome.

You gain xp way slower in F2P. If I would make my account P2P now, it would be as if I did all that slow training for nothing. As if I would undo my achievements so to speak.

reason 3:

This might not account for me, but I am aware that some people can't afford to pay for the game.

reason 4:

Now that I am aware of a top 250 F2P (tip.it and A_U_R_A's) it is another push to stay F2P. But this might fall under reason 1, as it is my "personal new content".

I hope this answers your questions.

G A L U F

[/hide]Well said. =D>

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I was an F2Per for a long time, 4 years in fact, playing on and off, after school. My mum didn't like computer games, so naturally she didn't want to pay for some silly online game. I stayed F2P until my high school graduation. The next month, while sitting on my couch watching some lame show, I thought, hey, why not become a member. Paypal was the only option available to me back then (seeing as I didn't have a credit card), so I had to go through the trouble of manually re-subscribing at the end of every month. But rest assured, it was worth it. After being a member for a brief month, I realized what an utter fool I was for not subscribing earlier. You can only do so very little in F2P. Quests - you can complete in a week. Skills - most of the available features end at a semi-high level. Friends - most of them are members, always teasing you with member features and how much fun they're having.

You're left wondering - "Why am I still here?" - ...and after a brief moment of thought you'll forget it and just keep clicking away at those same boring coal rocks you've seen for years and years.

We all make our own choices. I made mine.

dontfearthereaper2.png

Being a f2per... for 2 years. I created my account 2 years ago. Took a 9 month rest though.

The same case as Veyron27 - parents won't pay for an online game. But I find the f2p aspect of the game is already enough to keep me busy during these years

Mining, cooking, fishing, smithing, woodcutting... so many skills. Sometimes I can't decide which skill to level up first. Priortizing them is not easy... not to count combat skills

BLOSSOM_KING.png

A new member; f2p for 4+ years

Seldom get online due to in real life business

Always support f2p improvements

I've never understood why they stay f2p. P2P is much better.

I thought you had quit? Go back to F2P -_-

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I signed up in late 2001 prior to there even being a members. When members came out i got a 6 month subscription and quit within 3 months. I only just started again, so for me to go back to members, it feels like im selling out a bit as when i first started was when i had heaps of good memories and fun.

How do you manage to do it? How can you stay F2P for so long and get such high levels?

Patience.

So true!

I like the challenge of F2P, P2P just makes everything easier. And I don't like questing or exploring, I would only do it to not miss some items or areas which could be helpful. F2P has much content and I'm statisfied with the ammount of it.

If you get bored in RS you should get the hang of multitasking. I watched TV or videos while getting 99 cook, 99 magic and soon 99 fish. And if I need some fun I do FM or FoG. ;)

[404] Signature not found.

Wow I never thought that ForsakenMage, u are an F2per. Big wow on your stats an "patience" there mate.

I myself was stuck in f2p for about the first 3 yrs i played. I constantly would see areas, dorways and gates, without haveing the opportunity to go through and know what is on the other side. This was before i found tip.it or had seen a world map. Once i found those 2 though, i slowly worked out that, no matter how much fun f2p is, it's not the full game/experience. Probably only 30% of the RS game/experience.

Anyway i was trying to raise my fishing about the time i found this site and found numerous great methods of doing so. But oh no, None were F2p. Further investigations proved that being P2p not only allowed me to do greater things in higher skill levels but it would have been highly beneficial to be P2p through the lower levels of EVERY skill.

I'm never going to look back, not only because it is incredibly cheap (less than 30c Aus a day) to have the full game. But it allows me to try an complete this game that is going to take "forever", a bit quicker.

Trav

1travino.png

I've played for a few years, bt I don't play that often. Just off an on every now and then. It's kind of something to do to kill some time instead of watching tv. As I result I don't see the point of paying for memberhip when I don't play enough. Not to say the benefits aren't worth it. Also I think it's neat that ppl are surprised that your stats can be so high as a f2p player.

Kensei99.png

because some people feel like they are pro if they arent taking the "easy way out"

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

There are no long term F2Pers, they're all computer programs or zombies with their hands attached to a mouse, chained down and forced to play.

*Moan* brains... :?

Patience.

So true!

I like the challenge of F2P, P2P just makes everything easier. And I don't like questing or exploring, I would only do it to not miss some items or areas which could be helpful. F2P has much content and I'm statisfied with the ammount of it.

If you get bored in RS you should get the hang of multitasking. I watched TV or videos while getting 99 cook, 99 magic and soon 99 fish. And if I need some fun I do FM or FoG. ;)

Personally, I've always been multi-tasking in one way or another, playing RS and watching videos, playing RS and browsing Tip, etc.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

I'll buy membership for the first time , once I've maxed out my free skills :)
;) Better catch up with me first!

I have been F2p since 2003, I had a thought in 2005, that I should make myself member, but I didn't. I got cooking 99 soon then and I realised, that people respect my works more, if I'm F2p. Soon orher 99-s and so on. I must admit, taht Rs is boring, but there's no point in making me member, because I don't play much, sometimes a couple of hours in a month and it would be onlt a waste of money. In my country many older players know, me because I was one of the best f2p-s then, 1300 total in 2006 was not so easy. Now I'm 1366, just logged in to do that Easter thing.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Patience.

So true!

You have a point there, I view membership in many ways as being similar to "easy mode" found in other games. Getting high levels in members in so much quicker and easier. I'll stick to hard mode myself. :thumbup:

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

i never understood it.

to the best of my knowledge, people stay f2p for these reasons:

1. mommy won't pay

2. they can't afford it

3. they think they are proving something by staying f2p and no-lifing a 99 or two.

4. they play an average of 10 hours a year

tbh, i've always hated the f2p community with a passion, too many miniclippers (do people still say that?) and 10 year olds. seeing everyone in rune and 90% of names in green just makes me seem out of place aswell.

because of everybody looking the same, the majority of players resort to trash talking and bragging, telling me how their main is 186, zez is their bro, or that they have 200mil exp in mining (while using an iron pick)

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

i never understood it.

to the best of my knowledge, people stay f2p for these reasons:

1. mommy won't pay

2. they can't afford it

3. they think they are proving something by staying f2p and no-lifing a 99 or two.

4. they play an average of 10 hours a year

tbh, i've always hated the f2p community with a passion, too many miniclippers (do people still say that?) and 10 year olds. seeing everyone in rune and 90% of names in green just makes me seem out of place aswell.

because of everybody looking the same, the majority of players resort to trash talking and bragging, telling me how their main is 186, zez is their bro, or that they have 200mil exp in mining (while using an iron pick)

Not quite. :lol:

I'm f2p these days because I have no way to get membership, I have school then track practice or a meet every day, and because being f2p has bored me to the point where I've finally almost quit.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

For me I enjoy the simplicity of f2p. Why pay for something else when I already fully enjoy what I have right now? I know at one point I thought about getting members, but not so much anymore, by the time I was able to pay for myself I had come to far in F2P and didn't want to belittle my achievements, not to mention I really enjoy f2p the way it is :thumbup:

Well, they get to ignore some of the hardest skills such as Slayer, Herblore, and Summoning.

Replace those with an even harder F2P runecrafting, prayer, and mining.

(no ZMI altar, best bones we can bury is big bones without altar bonuses, and limited powermining abilities, if any - also best money making ability in F2P is mining runite... aside from that if you can do 100k/hr or better you're doing amazingly well.)

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪