Long time F2Pers

CreameEgg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh, i've always hated the f2p community with a passion, too many miniclippers (do people still say that?) and 10 year olds. seeing everyone in rune and 90% of names in green just makes me seem out of place aswell.

I'm not sure I like that miniclipper comment. Some of my best in-game friends found it using miniclip.

because of everybody looking the same, the majority of players resort to trash talking and bragging, telling me how their main is 186, zez is their bro, or that they have 200mil exp in mining (while using an iron pick)

I haven't seen any of this since I came back from an unwanted vacation from the game, but I guess maybe I've been in the wrong places?

Well, they get to ignore some of the hardest skills such as Slayer, Herblore, and Summoning.

Replace those with an even harder F2P runecrafting, prayer, and mining.

(no ZMI altar, best bones we can bury is big bones without altar bonuses, and limited powermining abilities, if any - also best money making ability in F2P is mining runite... aside from that if you can do 100k/hr or better you're doing amazingly well.)

The Great orb Project is also a great way to earn money. You can earn around 277k/h there if you're FTP, and 476k/h if you're member.

Some people like F2P PvP more

I find FTP PvP/PK very boring. I like to see lots of hits, and not lots of 0's and an 18 every now and then (that's if you fight against people wearing rune armour in FTP).

I mainly made Dutch Please to get on that FTP list, but I got members on it yesterday. :lol: I got kinda bored of FTP, having only limited access to things, and I can afford myself membership easily. I want to enjoy the game to it's fullest, so yeah, why not become members then? And I want to test out Ancient Magicks combo's someday in CW. :mrgreen:

i never understood it.

to the best of my knowledge, people stay f2p for these reasons:

1. mommy won't pay

2. they can't afford it

3. they think they are proving something by staying f2p and no-lifing a 99 or two.

4. they play an average of 10 hours a year

tbh, i've always hated the f2p community with a passion, too many miniclippers (do people still say that?) and 10 year olds. seeing everyone in rune and 90% of names in green just makes me seem out of place aswell.

because of everybody looking the same, the majority of players resort to trash talking and bragging, telling me how their main is 186, zez is their bro, or that they have 200mil exp in mining (while using an iron pick)

Not quite. :lol:

I'm f2p these days because I have no way to get membership, I have school then track practice or a meet every day, and because being f2p has bored me to the point where I've finally almost quit.

i have to be honest with you, school and track are what stopped me from coming back from getting hacked in aug. since i have a long easter break i decided to come back and train a lot. the reason i stayed p2p the months in between is because when i started playing again (i knew i would)- i didnt want my mom to have to pay the extra .95$, thats quite a bit.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I'm not sure I like that miniclipper comment. Some of my best in-game friends found it using miniclip.

I haven't seen any of this since I came back from an unwanted vacation from the game, but I guess maybe I've been in the wrong places?

well, the miniclipper advertisements were a big deal a little over 3 years ago, don't get me wrong- i've met some of my best friends while visiting f2p worlds

but, imagine going from the mentality of 'george bush shoot-out' to a complex mmo like runescape, sometimes it doesn't work out.

i'm not in any position to argue on your second point, i haven't been to f2p besides to see rl friends in the past year, so i really wouldn't know. this is what i remember it as... when i first started this account, random people would call me a noob. it really got on my nerves. according to my rl friend who is still f2p, f2pers get mad when you range cows because they have such a hard time of getting kills.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

It comes to you, but it gets horrendously boring. I was f2p for a long time before getting members. I was a high-level f2p'er, although once going into members everything changes. If I were to say the 2 best decisions I've made in Runescape, getting members would be one, the second would be 85 mining.

well, the miniclipper advertisements were a big deal a little over 3 years ago, don't get me wrong- i've met some of my best friends while visiting f2p worlds

but, imagine going from the mentality of 'george bush shoot-out' to a complex mmo like runescape, sometimes it doesn't work out.

I won't say miniclip didn't bring in any immature players, as that would be a lie. But it also brought in plenty of mature ones. They are simply overshadowed (and most likely outnumbered) by the immature ones.

i'm not in any position to argue on your second point, i haven't been to f2p besides to see rl friends in the past year, so i really wouldn't know. this is what i remember it as... when i first started this account, random people would call me a noob. it really got on my nerves. according to my rl friend who is still f2p, f2pers get mad when you range cows because they have such a hard time of getting kills.
My second point truly was a question. I haven't really been to Lumbridge or any major city really, except for a quick bank run. I've mostly been mining, despite it being one of my least favourite skills.

I mainly made Dutch Please to get on that FTP list, but I got members on it yesterday. :lol: I got kinda bored of FTP, having only limited access to things, and I can afford myself membership easily. I want to enjoy the game to it's fullest, so yeah, why not become members then? And I want to test out Ancient Magicks combo's someday in CW. :mrgreen:
You got members?!?! This is why I should visit Blogscape more often. :P

On Topic: I've never been members, though unlike several f2p'ers here, i do plan on it someday. Right now, I am unemployed, so i just do feel right using what little savings I have on a game, even one that's only $6 a month. Besides that, 72 dollars a year would buy me a textbook. :lol: And I need my textbooks. :P

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

sometimes its fun being a high level F2P because everyone looks at you like a god, wondering where youve been training.

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

I think the reasons for everyone is different, though points might cross each other for sure.

1. My original goal: my goal was to get all F2P levels maxed out (and one more mini goal) and that was during 2005 when I first started, granted, it looks more daunting back then (nearly impossible except for a few who is really dedicated, and we all know that by comparing to old top f2p lists, the average now compare to the average back then is truly scary)

2. Like so many other said before me, its pretty simple, even though some are repetitive, but due to alot of repetitiveness, I was able to multitask and do other things, of course without afk my computer. Reading and listening to music is what I like the best.

3. Enough content for me: I felt that the free world is pretty big itself, and there is alot of things you can do, even useless action, I sometimes do odd things at places and other people would say, whats a lvl 124 doing at the place like this? go somewhere else or go back to member (lol at that one), well, I like to visit my old training spots once in awhile (I even shear sheep for awhile to make ammies, all 12k of them, thats 12k sheeps I had sheared)

4. I think its an achievement to stay as f2p, comparatively speaking, in terms of training and dedication, sure, getting members would train alot easier, but the standard is alot higher in p2p (getting all lvl 99 doesn't seems to be the standard anymore, 200mil xp in each skill seems to be more proper)

There are millions of other reasons that I could have listed out for sure, and I don't think there is a right or wrong answer or a perfect answer why some of us choose to stay F2P. Just like my Wow friends would go, why would you play a Java based game? Wow is much better. But with that in mind, my other friends would go, why sit in front of computer and doing virtual things all day long, go out there and do stuff, volunteer, do sport, have a job make some more income, make friends? The endless debates goes on and on what is the best use of time.

Overall, back the the point I originally made in other posts, as long you know how to balance your life and other activities, when it comes to RS, "Play the way you want to play, not following what the norms wanted you to play, and have fun" that's the most important thing of all

a happy Runescaper

i find it really surprising aswell, to some degree i have great respect for those people, but somehow i think theyre crazy at the same time :P

I myself have had no more than 3 days of f2p madness before i decided to get members (and ive been member non-stop since that day, due to lazyness, but still :P). Anyway eventhough i had only played 3 days yet, the thought of there being items and training methods not available on f2p made me decide to get members practically right away. Which resulted in me being totally unaware of f2p phenomena, i never come there and practically never have...

anyway enough about me, to repeat: i think those long-term players are crazy albeit respectworthy (they do proof love for the game :D)

I agree. The people who can somehow have better stats than me, play in a world limited to only a small portion of the P2P world, and still manage with only like 60 bank spaces. I have like 380 items in my bank and I don't know how F2p'ers can limit themselves to only 60 spaces. My armor takes like 60 spaces lol.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

People who have been P2P can no longer fathom going back to F2P. I know I can't :)

Like what was said before, you can't miss what you never had. :P

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

I don't understand why some people believe if you get a 99 in F2P it's better than getting it in P2P. Anyone care to explain?
It takes longer and is more difficult. Therefore, some people consider it better and more impressive. *shrug* Others think it's stupid. To each their own.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

I've bee F2P for over 3 years now. I like the feeling of getting higher levels than most of my P2P friends and being looked up to by other F2P'ers. One goal I had as soon as I started to play Rs was to buy a santa hat.

That's the reasons why I like F2P. \'

Dart.jpg