The ULTIMATE Guide on How to Tank Bandos

001hayden1

Nice guide, as a Bandos tank myself i can see you've got good ideas.

It may have been mentioned already but the place that you have down as being best to stand while waiting for Graardor to spawn really isnt all that great. A better place is about 2-3 steps off the west wall somewhere near the middle of it. Standing there i can catch Graardor 100% of the time without much effort, you even have time to attck him and then activate prayer.

Also you should put in a thing about quick prayers, have them set as protect extra item, protect from melee and piety, this way you can have your inventory open 100% of the time and not worry about wasting time while your fighting Graardor.

Apart from those two little things, good guide.

7/10

4sDIn.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx for the pictures Red, and thanx for the spelling error thing Abc lol, say Red, think you can get a transperant boot picture?

Forgot to post it sorry

Boots.png

[img=http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt161/Redspicutres/Boots.png]

Thanx Red :)

Nice guide, as a Bandos tank myself i can see you've got good ideas.

It may have been mentioned already but the place that you have down as being best to stand while waiting for Graardor to spawn really isnt all that great. A better place is about 2-3 steps off the west wall somewhere near the middle of it. Standing there i can catch Graardor 100% of the time without much effort, you even have time to attck him and then activate prayer.

Also you should put in a thing about quick prayers, have them set as protect extra item, protect from melee and piety, this way you can have your inventory open 100% of the time and not worry about wasting time while your fighting Graardor.

Apart from those two little things, good guide.

7/10

okie dokie, next time i go to Bandos, ill get that pic of where to stand ;) and ill add in the flash prayers thing with it aswell

Off, is the general direction I wish you would [bleep].

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p549/hihi244442/TLoUGIF.gif

[hide=My perception of the Admins in Assistclan:]

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

Slayer: Lots of Dragon Boots, 16 Whips, 24 Dark Bows, 7 Staves of Light, OVER 9000 Charms

GWD:

Bandos: Lost count

Zamorak: ^^^^^

Saradomin: ^^^^^^^^^^^

Armadyl: None[/hide]

Just had a thought: A dragon spear special "shoves" adn enemy one square away, and stuns them. Would this be useful for the tank, if graar'dor gets on a non-tank? Just shove him 3-4 times until he focuses on you? Or at GWD to big to shove?

I'm an oddball when it comes to tactic ideas.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

^I imagine he'd die too fast for it to be worth it unless you're on a very small team say 2-3.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

This is a very well written guide, with lots of detail. I have on numerous occasions failed epicly at bandos, trying to run away from him as if he was Zil. -.-

This will definetly help me a bunch, thanks.

It's been a hell of a ride.

2002-2013

Just had a thought: A dragon spear special "shoves" adn enemy one square away, and stuns them. Would this be useful for the tank, if graar'dor gets on a non-tank? Just shove him 3-4 times until he focuses on you? Or at GWD to big to shove?

I'm an oddball when it comes to tactic ideas.

If you tried, it would say, this monster is to big for you to shove out of the way or something like that, basicly, gra'dor is to fat lol

This is a very well written guide, with lots of detail. I have on numerous occasions failed epicly at bandos, trying to run away from him as if he was Zil. -.-

This will definetly help me a bunch, thanks.

No problem, and goodluck tanking ;)

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

Slayer: Lots of Dragon Boots, 16 Whips, 24 Dark Bows, 7 Staves of Light, OVER 9000 Charms

GWD:

I believe it is spelt Graardor. :?

Nice guide, anyway, i'll use it if ever decide to tank for anyone.

My only problem is that I think it looks messy with the writing in the picture, maybe captions?

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Nice guide I like it a lot.

I thought the min level to tank was 80?

Are bunyips or fruit bats worth taking?

Its worth taking a tele tab.

Any chance you can show a pic of your prayer setup? As it would help a lot of new tankers.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I believe it is spelt Graardor. :?

Nice guide, anyway, i'll use it if ever decide to tank for anyone.

My only problem is that I think it looks messy with the writing in the picture, maybe captions?

Oh ya lol, thanx for that spelling error, I don't pay attention to monster names :lol:

Thanx ::'

As with the pictures, I'll fix them up soon

Nice guide I like it a lot.

I thought the min level to tank was 80?

Are bunyips or fruit bats worth taking?

Its worth taking a tele tab.

Any chance you can show a pic of your prayer setup? As it would help a lot of new tankers.

Thanx, you can tank with 70 defence is you want, but i reccomend 85+, bunyips are worth it, but I would have no clue with fruit bats lol, only 68 summoning :cry: , but I have the charms for 70/71, so I'll use them up and check if fruit bat works and report back :P

Ya, i just keep forgetting the tab lol, and as a result I just realise right before I go into the boss room #-o

The prayer setup? as in you put (insert prayer name here) on? or is it something else?

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

The prayer setup? as in you put (insert prayer name here) on? or is it something else?

Just a screenshot or list of which prayers you use.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Just a screenshot or list of which prayers you use.

Ooooh ok, ya I'll get those aswell :)

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

added familer's inventories of terrorbird and turtle with bunyips 8-)

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

I could make love to you right now.

After reading this guide I thought I would give it a go.

So raised enough money about 2 hours a go and brought guthans and a few supplies.

Looking for a team I got lucky a AGS/120+ GS coin share group from RSOF forums was looking for a tank.

After learning a few things which I'm sure all tanker know I got into the hang of it and 10 more kills in Bandos Hilt Split between 5.

Followed by about 150 to 200k in items.

I'll post a screenshot tomorrow.

Cut it short your guide just made me over 3.5m within 1h 30m.

PS. Have you ever seen the general switch players mid fight? It happened to me/my group just. Its the first time a guy whos been there 5000 kills has seen it happen.

PPS. Thanks so much for this guide.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I could make love to you right now.

After reading this guide I thought I would give it a go.

So raised enough money about 2 hours a go and brought guthans and a few supplies.

Looking for a team I got lucky a AGS/120+ GS coin share group from RSOF forums was looking for a tank.

After learning a few things which I'm sure all tanker know I got into the hang of it and 10 more kills in Bandos Hilt Split between 5.

Followed by about 150 to 200k in items.

I'll post a screenshot tomorrow.

Cut it short your guide just made me over 3.5m within 1h 30m.

PS. Have you ever seen the general switch players mid fight? It happened to me/my group just. Its the first time a guy whos been there 5000 kills has seen it happen.

PPS. Thanks so much for this guide.

Lol, gratz on the hilt :thumbsup:

P.S Only like twice lol, but he only change's target if either you ZGS spec on him, or you avoid him for 5+ seconds

P.P.S no problem lol

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

The switch happened with neither of those things. I hit the general he chased me to the mage then switched to a player, no-one in the team had a ZGS or used the spec :ohnoes: .

A few things I noticed

• With your setup your risking the war spear (1m)

Never let your health drop below 60 (2 range attacks will wipe you out)

Always try and keep your melee stats above 60 when your healing, as too many sara brews can make healing near impossible.

If your going to pray at the alter, do it right after the generals died. If you leave it to late you'll be running a lot and risk missing the lure.

Granite mace is only 26k, counts as a bandos item and has no quest requirements.

The art of killing leechers is very nasty, but funny to watch.

Explorer ring 3 is handy if you happen to forget a teleport (you take no damage during the animation and its 1+ prayer bonus)

Snake skin boots are not better then rune

For prayer I used piety (seems to reduce a lot of the damage and helps a lot with healing from the mage), protect item and protect melee.

You should used the tip.it map of the GWD to show where to stand in the boss room as it would have helped me on the first few kills.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...
The switch happened with neither of those things. I hit the general he chased me to the mage then switched to a player, no-one in the team had a ZGS or used the spec :ohnoes: .

A few things I noticed

• With your setup your risking the war spear (1m)

Never let your health drop below 60 (2 range attacks will wipe you out)

Always try and keep your melee stats above 60 when your healing, as too many sara brews can make healing near impossible.

If your going to pray at the alter, do it right after the generals died. If you leave it to late you'll be running a lot and risk missing the lure.

Granite mace is only 26k, counts as a bandos item and has no quest requirements.

The art of killing leechers is very nasty, but funny to watch.

Explorer ring 3 is handy if you happen to forget a teleport (you take no damage during the animation and its 1+ prayer bonus)

Snake skin boots are not better then rune

For prayer I used piety (seems to reduce a lot of the damage and helps a lot with healing from the mage), protect item and protect melee.

You should used the tip.it map of the GWD to show where to stand in the boss room as it would have helped me on the first few kills.

With the lose of the spear, it's only 1m, you have to take risks when you go to Bandos or any of the God's places.

If you go under 60hp, you have time to heal up if he does a range attack and then does another one (which doesn't happen that often, but still does so look out).

With 3 doses of brew your stats are usually at around 60/70, so you can restore back up to normal.

Tbh, i never use the altar lol, but if you do yes go after ALL of the sargents are dead, otherwise you won't be able to.

With the Granite Mace, it's your choice if you want to waste an inventory spot on a weapon, but you should be good enough to do As A First Resort... Quest.

Ya, killing leechers is fun, but it can get some of your team members killed, so be carefull.

I personally don't bring Explorer's Ring 3, but you can if you want, it just means you loose a few bonus's with other rings.

I put snakeskin down, as they provide mage defence, and if you can't afford dragon boots, go with snakeskin and not rune.

Piety should only be used if you have low defence such as 90-, i only use it when i SGS spec Steelwill.

On another note, I've updated the pics & added turtle with unicorns

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

You may want to mention Enhanced excalibur as an alternative for player's who can't afford a SGS. The special restores 20hp and boosts defense. It is gotten from seer's village diary.

Hmmm, never thought of using that lol, so i've added it in and given you credits 8-)

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

Very good guide. Here are a few spelling mistakes I noticed.

[hide=How to Tank]You can take piety of (Should be "off") if you want.

When you have Graardor on you, RUN straight to the mage (Steelwill, he is in the South East corner) and wait for Graardor to attack you with melee again, if you're damaged, chuck on piety, and SGS spec the MAGE ONCE, if that didn't heal you fully, switch to your Guthan's Warspear.

When Graardor is dead, and if you are damaged (which you most likely will be) run straight to the Range guy (forget his name lol) and heal on him, if any of your team mates attack him, spam off, but if they do attack him, they can't of (should be "have") been to Bandos.[/hide]

Very nice guide.

Question though, my biggest concern, as is for most I would imagine, is missing the "attack" and him crushing my teammates. What about using air strike or another spell, is it faster? Select "cast air strike" and click him as soon as he spawns.

I have NEVER tried this, just seems as it may work. Any thoughts?

chris_924.png

Very good guide. Here are a few spelling mistakes I noticed.

[hide=How to Tank]You can take piety of (Should be "off") if you want.

When you have Graardor on you, RUN straight to the mage (Steelwill, he is in the South East corner) and wait for Graardor to attack you with melee again, if you're damaged, chuck on piety, and SGS spec the MAGE ONCE, if that didn't heal you fully, switch to your Guthan's Warspear.

When Graardor is dead, and if you are damaged (which you most likely will be) run straight to the Range guy (forget his name lol) and heal on him, if any of your team mates attack him, spam off, but if they do attack him, they can't of (should be "have") been to Bandos.[/hide]

Thanx :lol:

very nice =]

All i need now is a decent level and a membership =]

I shouldn't read these guides...gets my hopes up :cry:

lol, you'll get there one day

Very nice guide.

Question though, my biggest concern, as is for most I would imagine, is missing the "attack" and him crushing my teammates. What about using air strike or another spell, is it faster? Select "cast air strike" and click him as soon as he spawns.

I have NEVER tried this, just seems as it may work. Any thoughts?

Tbh, i have never even thought of this lol, i'll try it out next time i go, that's if you haven't already tried it out before me :lol:

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

Tbh, i have never even thought of this lol, i'll try it out next time i go, that's if you haven't already tried it out before me :lol:

Cool, please let me know ;)

Seems like the only disadvantage is using up 2 inventory spaces, unless of course you still need to right click on him.

chris_924.png

Seems like the only disadvantage is using up 2 inventory spaces, unless of course you still need to right click on him.

Will do ;), and that is the only disadvantage as well =p

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

Will do ;), and that is the only disadvantage as well =p

Ok, i tried it out, i got 45 boss kills, didn't get anything good though lol, so... The air strike method works and is pretty awesome lol, only missed boss once, and thats when one of my team mates ran to me and when he was running graardor spawns and boom, he's tanking lol. So, uhh thanx for the idea, you now has credit for it :D

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD: