The ULTIMATE Guide on How to Tank Bandos

001hayden1

Hmmm i lied a bit from my above posts, i just seen the bandos prices and im like, OMFG look at bandos prices, so i went to bandos, drops are below:

[hide=]090802174954.png

090802191825.png

090802202705.png

090802203131.png[/hide]

Off, is the general direction I wish you would [bleep].

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p549/hihi244442/TLoUGIF.gif

[hide=My perception of the Admins in Assistclan:]

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

Slayer: Lots of Dragon Boots, 16 Whips, 24 Dark Bows, 7 Staves of Light, OVER 9000 Charms

GWD:

Bandos: Lost count

Zamorak: ^^^^^

Saradomin: ^^^^^^^^^^^

Armadyl: None[/hide]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got round to making some transparent pics lol :D

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

Slayer: Lots of Dragon Boots, 16 Whips, 24 Dark Bows, 7 Staves of Light, OVER 9000 Charms

GWD:

• 2 weeks later...

imo (but thats just my opinion...) you fail horribly at tanking... but 99.9% do

1 word.... lunars

first of all a pak yack IS useful (though i only have 88 sumonning, but i sometimes duo ffa with a good friend of mine, and pak yack IS useful, trust me)

secondly

LUNARS !!!

pot share and heal other (heal other not to be attemted when duoing, not worth it and attacker cant heal fast enough, but in bigger teams it's definately worth it)

pot share and stat restore share

this way tanker can be sup setted even when he takes no potions with him (1 dose = 2 people sup setted)

and stat restore pot share

1 sup restore/pray restore dose = 2 people

so it makes a trip either 2 times as long, or 2 times as cheap, your choise

last time i duoed, we had plenty of supplies left but we left cuz i (attacker) was out of sup sets to keep us potted :P we managed 50+ kills though... and imo for DUO that is insanely good

Only way for you to get 50 kills is both having a divine ss, yak, max stats, and lots of luck.

Lunars=no troll tele unless you can spellbook swap.

Btw Bandos got nuked now, random tank now.

he is 98 magic, i'm 97... we did spell swap

no, we dont have divine/elly

yes we got 50+ kills

pot share, both sgs, he had no guthan but wasnt rly needed, cuz we were both sup setted boss went down pretty fast and he rarely had to brew

he also had yak packed with brews

he took 3 brews to 1 sup rest

cuz we share the sup restores you can take way more brews you see :/

i didnt even start with bob... i started off with unicorn at the start

luck? not rly, i was hitting rubbish >.<

whip+dfs for minions is pretty handy to take though

I also took like 5-6 brews for him, rest of my inv was runes for pot/stat pot share and sup restores and 4 pure sets

i usually did the share spells tho cuz when he brewed his mage lvl got too low :P

edit == i forgot to mention, he took 1 sumonned pak yack, 1 pak yack pouch (and scrolls for some extra cash off the bones :P) and an extra unicorn pouch for when second yack died

imo (but thats just my opinion...) you fail horribly at tanking... but 99.9% do

1 word.... lunars

first of all a pak yack IS useful (though i only have 88 sumonning, but i sometimes duo ffa with a good friend of mine, and pak yack IS useful, trust me)

secondly

LUNARS !!!

pot share and heal other (heal other not to be attemted when duoing, not worth it and attacker cant heal fast enough, but in bigger teams it's definately worth it)

pot share and stat restore share

this way tanker can be sup setted even when he takes no potions with him (1 dose = 2 people sup setted)

and stat restore pot share

1 sup restore/pray restore dose = 2 people

so it makes a trip either 2 times as long, or 2 times as cheap, your choise

last time i duoed, we had plenty of supplies left but we left cuz i (attacker) was out of sup sets to keep us potted :P we managed 50+ kills though... and imo for DUO that is insanely good

First off, don't flame me or other people, you don't know if i fail or not just by looking at a block of text/pictures.

2nd of all, I didn't provide the Pack Yak information, Cantristenon did, so I'm trusting him, and this guide is aimed at people planning to go with a group of 3 or more.

I'll be sure to add in the potion share and stat restore share information for lunar though ;)

Can you provide a picture of that duo trip for 50+ kc? That way i know you're not talking [cabbage], no offence or nothing, then I would trust you over Cantristenon maybe :lol:

Only way for you to get 50 kills is both having a divine ss, yak, max stats, and lots of luck.

Lunars=no troll tele unless you can spellbook swap.

Btw Bandos got nuked now, random tank now.

I am aware of the Bandos update. Sources tell me it's just a glitch because of the summoning update, i shall invistagte futher.

he is 98 magic, i'm 97... we did spell swap

no, we dont have divine/elly

yes we got 50+ kills

pot share, both sgs, he had no guthan but wasnt rly needed, cuz we were both sup setted boss went down pretty fast and he rarely had to brew

he also had yak packed with brews

he took 3 brews to 1 sup rest

cuz we share the sup restores you can take way more brews you see :/

i didnt even start with bob... i started off with unicorn at the start

luck? not rly, i was hitting rubbish >.<

whip+dfs for minions is pretty handy to take though

I also took like 5-6 brews for him, rest of my inv was runes for pot/stat pot share and sup restores and 4 pure sets

i usually did the share spells tho cuz when he brewed his mage lvl got too low :P

edit == i forgot to mention, he took 1 sumonned pak yack, 1 pak yack pouch (and scrolls for some extra cash off the bones :P) and an extra unicorn pouch for when second yack died

Didn't need to add all of that, you explained well enough in your previous post, but it contains some new information, I'll add it maybe when i have more time on my hands, got assingments and stuff to do.

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

I learned not to take pictures of rs stuff anymore :/ (my computer blew up like a year ago and lost all of them :P) so i never take pics anymore :/

i didnt really think i was gonna have to prove to anyone i got those kills as well ;-)

Maybe my teammate made a picture... not sure tho, he doesnt take pics alot either :/ he doesnt even have a pic of getting his 99 slay :P

anyway i'll ask him, if he doesnt have one i'll go on a new trip with him after my exams (next week tuesday i'm finished)... if by then that bug got fixed yet that is

I'll take a screeny then :-)

edit : oh yeh i forgot... it wasnt in a lootshare world (so we wouldnt get crashed)... so the kc's wouldnt be the same :/ though they were pretty close i recall

• 2 weeks later...
I learned not to take pictures of rs stuff anymore :/ (my computer blew up like a year ago and lost all of them :P) so i never take pics anymore :/

i didnt really think i was gonna have to prove to anyone i got those kills as well ;-)

Maybe my teammate made a picture... not sure tho, he doesnt take pics alot either :/ he doesnt even have a pic of getting his 99 slay :P

anyway i'll ask him, if he doesnt have one i'll go on a new trip with him after my exams (next week tuesday i'm finished)... if by then that bug got fixed yet that is

I'll take a screeny then :-)

edit : oh yeh i forgot... it wasnt in a lootshare world (so we wouldnt get crashed)... so the kc's wouldnt be the same :/ though they were pretty close i recall

Oh, fair enough, [cabbage] happens ay :lol:

Anywayz, added the Bandos Update after a few trips.

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

as far as i can at bandos, its not random tanking.

however if u have a familiar that attacks graardor he will switch onto you. therefore if your tank it doesnt matter what familiar you use, only the other people in the team must either make sure their familiars attack minions, or they take a non combat familiar.

eijnnc.png

99 Woodcutting 99 Firemaking

99 Hunter 99 Agility

99 Attack 99 Hitpoints

99 Mining

Good Guide, im 99 def and am thinking about doing some bandos, although whats this new update about? can some one explain it to me? :?

Thanx :)

I'll try to explain lol.

Thanx to JaGeX's summoning update last month, the familers now attack a lot more often and now the GWD Bosses (like Graardor) attack your familers now, and that inturn makes Graardor take his attention off you and then starts to melee another person.

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

• 1 month later...

Well the guide is finished for now.

Enjoy ;)

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

• 4 weeks later...

Nice guide mate!

Dont forget about the trollheim tele trick

(The one where u drop 2 items (pots/food), then tele to a bank, withdraw 2 new ones and tele to trollheim again, picking up the pots you dropped in the first place. Takes about a min and gets you 2 extra pots/food ;))

Dont know if someone mentioned that already, cba to go through 5 pages hehe.

Good guide overall, too bad im only 82 def >>

Why do we bake cookies, but cook bacon

99/99/80+ looking for monster hunting group

RS07: mb nb

Nice guide mate!

Dont forget about the trollheim tele trick

(The one where u drop 2 items (pots/food), then tele to a bank, withdraw 2 new ones and tele to trollheim again, picking up the pots you dropped in the first place. Takes about a min and gets you 2 extra pots/food ;))

Dont know if someone mentioned that already, cba to go through 5 pages hehe.

Good guide overall, too bad im only 82 def >>

You can tank bandos with 82 defense you just won't last past the 3rd hour without 79+ summoning thats all.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...
*Note that the Spectral Spirit Shield isn't recommended, even though it reduces hits by 75%(??), it takes 30%(??) of your prayer away, and you kind of need your prayer.

First of all, you're referring to the Divine Spirit Shield here. Spectral Spirit Shield is completely different.

- The Divine Spirit Shield reduces all damage by 30%, half of which is taken from your prayer, while the other half is ignored completely. Example: You get hit 90, the DSS reduces that to 60, you lose 15 prayer points.

- The Elysian Spirit Shield has a 70% chance of reducing damage by 25%.

This thread on the RSOF proves mathematically that in nearly every situation in which you would have to choose between a Divine and an Elysian, the Divine is better, despite the prayer drain (which is minimal, mind you.)

17-18-724-58871816

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

*Note that the Spectral Spirit Shield isn't recommended, even though it reduces hits by 75%(??), it takes 30%(??) of your prayer away, and you kind of need your prayer.

First of all, you're referring to the Divine Spirit Shield here. Spectral Spirit Shield is completely different.

- The Divine Spirit Shield reduces all damage by 30%, half of which is taken from your prayer, while the other half is ignored completely. Example: You get hit 90, the DSS reduces that to 60, you lose 15 prayer points.

- The Elysian Spirit Shield has a 70% chance of reducing damage by 25%.

This thread on the RSOF proves mathematically that in nearly every situation in which you would have to choose between a Divine and an Elysian, the Divine is better, despite the prayer drain (which is minimal, mind you.)

17-18-724-58871816

With graa his range attack hits in the 30's, the mini's hit in the 20's.

In one round since your praying melee you can get hit 70 without being completely unrealistic.

70*0.15=10.5 prayer points, thats the possibility of losing 10/11 prayer points per full combat turn in the room.

Now guthans heals on average a 20 when it does heal. Which is the same max as divine saves, only using 0 extra prayer.

Say the average damage you take per tank is in the region of 60 hp and it lasts 1 minute per kill. Thats 60hp and ~15 prayer points (with a 10+ prayer bonus).

60*0.15=9

60*0.3=18

Divine saves you 15hp, but loses you 7/8 prayer points.

So with guthans each tank is -60hp and -15prayer, divine -42hp and -24prayer.

With guthans you can pretty much heal back to full hp each kill on the range (method outlined in this guide).

So in effect divide is wasting you 1 prayer/super restore per 2 tanks.

In truth kill time varies dramatically as does the damage, but guthans allows you to heal during and after the kill almost free of cost.

With guthans the summoning scrolls and sara brews are for emergencies (hp below 40 to 50hp), but with plain tanking your using sara brews and summoning scrolls as you main healing source.

Numerous times I've started a tank with less then full hp, but ended it (without using any healing apart from guthans) with full hp, theres no way in hell any of the spirit shields could do that.

In short if your tanking bandos guthans is far better then any other method. With zammy the special attack drains your prayer added to the divines draining of prayer you burn through super restores/prayer potions like crazy.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

Uhh, ya what Joe said :)

Going to test the new curses, mainly just Deflect Melee and maybe Sap Warrior soon, when i have time.

Holidays so ya, I'm pretty occupied atm.

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

Ok, tested the new curses, not much different from normal prayers. Only 72 prayer so i couldn't test the high level ones such as soul split and turmoil.

Soul split would help greatly if you're damaged and healing after the boss kill and you're not healing, and turmoil is supposedly Piety on roids

If somebody could test these it'd be great ;)

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

• 1 month later...

Added information about Curses and stuff.

Been a while since i've posted on here so ya.

I'm over Bandos now, so won't be updating this much unless the new high level equipment comes out.

Enjoy

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD: