Tormented Demons - The Excellently Uber Guide!

The_Great_One

No shield is because godsword is 2-handed. Having to equip both the crossbow and a shield is a waste of time and a hassle.

And no, crystal bow would not be better. Ruby bolts really shine here, seeing as they have over 320 hitpoints. And not to mention that a crossbow is better even if you didn't use ruby.

And thanks Pure.

Thats not true. Diamond is better, the damage isn't worth it. I hit 40's anyway with void. Also, a zammy book is great. It takes no extra time to equip it, switching between void melee helm and GS and range helm-z book-c bow. The extra bonus+ the prayer really helps. As well, prayer flashing isn't worth it. Takes too much concentration, and the prayer saved is really negligible here. Also, I can get a TD down in the initial shield knockdown rarely, and most of the time on the 2nd. GS is better than hally IMO, unless you use safespot.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No shield is because godsword is 2-handed. Having to equip both the crossbow and a shield is a waste of time and a hassle.

And no, crystal bow would not be better. Ruby bolts really shine here, seeing as they have over 320 hitpoints. And not to mention that a crossbow is better even if you didn't use ruby.

And thanks Pure.

Thats not true. Diamond is better, the damage isn't worth it. I hit 40's anyway with void. Also, a zammy book is great. It takes no extra time to equip it, switching between void melee helm and GS and range helm-z book-c bow. The extra bonus+ the prayer really helps. As well, prayer flashing isn't worth it. Takes too much concentration, and the prayer saved is really negligible here. Also, I can get a TD down in the initial shield knockdown rarely, and most of the time on the 2nd. GS is better than hally IMO, unless you use safespot.

some nice pionts, but prayer flashing is actually very doable when hallying. Not sure about gs'ing.

Good point also bed, it is possible when hallying, not when GSing. Altogether, I think this is a poor guide, as the author doesn't seem to know what he is talking about, no personal offense.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Awesome guide!, Cheers! :thumbsup:

And thanks Pure.

I've already edited my guide about the bolts.

And if you want to use a shield and whatnot then that's fine, but I personally really hate it.

What do you mean by GS is better unless you use safespot? Hallyers always use a safespot...

Good point also bed, it is possible when hallying, not when GSing. Altogether, I think this is a poor guide, as the author doesn't seem to know what he is talking about, no personal offense.

I know very well what I'm talking about thank you very much. It's hard when all these people thrust a bunch of all sorts of different methods and stuff straight into your face. I haven't been able to test prayer flashing with a gs yet due to current lack of gs, maybe I might go borrow one and see.

But I dead set hate hally. I can't give a lot of information about it for that reason. It simply does not work for me.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

I was too excited to take screenies of any drops :P

The Greatest Tormented Demon Guide Ever

88 summoning achieved on 26/4/09.

99 ranged achieved on 9/5/09.

People, I absolutely insist that a gs doesn't have much hassle. I used a gs for ages, so I know what I'm talking about. You just have to get used to it, it does seem a lot harder when you switch from hally to gs, but after a while it becomes easy.

I got much faster kills with a gs than with a hally. With a hally it sometimes took me 4 shield knockdowns while with a gs the most it took was 3, but most of the time 2.

P.S. I am greater than y000 ^^^

Then you are not using a hally correctly. I have NEVER gotten to 4 knockdowns with a hally, 3 is uncommon, 2 is the most common, and I've gotten quite a few with a SINGLE knockdown. You just have to be fast with switching.

Don't forget you are maxed out just about.

Just like the players I'm advocating this for #-o

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Ok, I have done some more tests. I tested pray flashing with a gs, and sadly it doesn't work. It's too hard to keep up with the pace. I also tried just leaving the prayers on without flashing, which used a lot of prayer and it was quite annoying having to switch between 2 sets of prayers at once (protection prayers and boost prayers), and was also quite bad.

I also tried using void with a gs. The switching is a bit more tolerable than I thought. Generally it was a bit faster, but I found that when I switched 2 items at once and then the demon changed style and I quickly went to prayer menu and switched prayer, often the prayer would fail to activate and I had to click it again. Not only was this extremely infuriating, but it caused me to frequently get hit twice in a row which was very disadvantageous. Unless you want to constantly scream "what the F***?!?" and "oh come on you stupid piece of s*** mother f***er!" at the computer, definitely don't use void with a gs. Or maybe I just stuffed up and it's all to do with me. I'm not sure, but it just seemed pretty stuffy to me.

Then I tested out a hally with void and flashing. On average it was a bit slower than my normal gs method. About 30 seconds or so slower. While it used up quite a bit less food, it used up a fair bit more prayer. Flashing was still annoying, but definitely more tolerable than flashing with a gs. The hally method will allow a unicorner to heal fast enough I'm sure, but I still stand by what I said about gs being better for those without unicorns. But the difference of kill speed isn't massive so I'm still standing by the statement of a hally being better for unicorners. A bunyip being able to heal fast enough is very unlikely so forget about that.

I also got another hally spot for yas. You get your arrows back here too and it's pretty safe from other demonses. It does take a little more luring of your demon, but it's still a lot better than the SW spot. Luring doesn't take that long really. And you don't need to be as quite as careful as you do with the NW spot.

untitled8.png?t=1240121166

To get the NW demon where it is, first do step 1 and 2 with the north demon, then go get the NW demon over where it is, along with the NE demon, and get them to use charge up. You gotta do step 1 and 2 to get your demon out of the way, otherwise he'll be in between the other demons which isn't going to do you much good! :P

Enjoy!

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

okay so I tried out ags+uni here finally at the northeast demon.

and this happened.

[hide=large images lawl]090419174918.png

Way too many sharks, didn't even use a single one.

And then 20 kills later...

090419192424.png

Broke an over 1150 demon dry streak with the shard, and then ya claws <3

• [/hide]

So from my experience... half the time I pulled out ags I didn't even have to flick pray, I'd hit a 40 then just go back to range, and I can flash for the first attack for range but not melee (cause of the delay of shooting the bolt)

Don't flick your protection prays, thats just asking to be killed. Keep protection prays on, and flash piety/eagle eye only.

The GS method on the northeast spot pretty much does it all, I get faster kills on average with very few times ever having to knock a shield down 3 times. I'd knock it out in 1/2 shields almost every time. 1 shield was a lot more common than it was in the hally method.

Also, the luring for the northeast demon is very quick, just like 4 steps and you're done lol. Thats makes it a lot faster, and hally is definitely not faster than gs is when it comes to this.

It isn't really more expensive at all, except a little bit more prayer used per hour. But for faster kills? Worth it, imo. I prefer GS now, its also a lot more fun in my opinion. Unicorn is enough to keep me max HP even in a full world at tormented demons. Dhally just gets REALLY annoying when it starts hitting 0s -- the spec is nice but gs is just more reliable.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Interesting, total. I'll have to try it at that spot. One question: why do people always use warriors instead of wealths? Is there something that says wealth doesn't work at that spot or what?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

okay so I tried out ags+uni here finally at the northeast demon.

and this happened.

[hide=large images lawl]090419174918.png

Way too many sharks, didn't even use a single one.

And then 20 kills later...

090419192424.png

Broke an over 1150 demon dry streak with the shard, and then ya claws <3

• [/hide]

So from my experience... half the time I pulled out ags I didn't even have to flick pray, I'd hit a 40 then just go back to range, and I can flash for the first attack for range but not melee (cause of the delay of shooting the bolt)

Don't flick your protection prays, thats just asking to be killed. Keep protection prays on, and flash piety/eagle eye only.

The GS method on the northeast spot pretty much does it all, I get faster kills on average with very few times ever having to knock a shield down 3 times. I'd knock it out in 1/2 shields almost every time. 1 shield was a lot more common than it was in the hally method.

Also, the luring for the northeast demon is very quick, just like 4 steps and you're done lol. Thats makes it a lot faster, and hally is definitely not faster than gs is when it comes to this.

It isn't really more expensive at all, except a little bit more prayer used per hour. But for faster kills? Worth it, imo. I prefer GS now, its also a lot more fun in my opinion. Unicorn is enough to keep me max HP even in a full world at tormented demons. Dhally just gets REALLY annoying when it starts hitting 0s -- the spec is nice but gs is just more reliable.

Thank you, I feel a lot better :thumbsup:

I couldn't manage the flashing though lol.

Compfreak - many people like myself don't trust the wealth :P

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

Compfreak - many people like myself don't trust the wealth :P

Except that testing has proven it ups rare drops by roughly 10-12%. Jagex isn't teh liars after all.

DeviledEgg24.png

And thanks Pure.

Thats not true. Diamond is better, the damage isn't worth it. I hit 40's anyway with void.quote]

See my argument on the first page. Even if you can hit 40s diamond is very weak compared to ruby.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

The warrior ring's slash bonus wins for knocking down the shield. Also when I tried a trip without the warrior ring and using an archer ring + skill cape (t) instead, uhh... holy crap I hit terrible. But then again my bgs was like ... broken. Warrior Ring really does help a ton though.

Attack bonus is so underrated in this game at high levels, imo. People don't seem to realize how much it does -- pking, tormented demons, or otherwise. Warrior Helm is epic for pking too xD but thats off topic...

I swear, TD's are weak to AGS, and I swear it has something to do with the fact that they are bound to Lucien's will and the fact that Lucien gained power through the Staff of Armadyl. Apparently SGS hits well here too. But BGS and ZGS just fail... I swear. It's really weird. And this is using the same gear everytime. Whatever the hell it is, idk, but yeah. I bought a bgs and it hit NOTHING compared to AGS. And it got really annoying because I'm not just talking specs either... but I guess thats just my luck, lol.

Ruby bolts may hit up to 60s, but it won't hit that when the demon is down to 200 hp. After 200 hp, if you're gonna use ruby bolts, use a different bolt (diamonds, probably). Rubies straight out are gonna make you waste HP for a hit that could have been done without the sacrifice.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

BGS was owning there for me. And warrior's effect is less then 1%, something you could tell even with hours of hits logged, much less just from watch.

DeviledEgg24.png

BGS was owning there for me. And warrior's effect is less then 1%, something you could tell even with hours of hits logged, much less just from watch.

why have i never heard you saying that warriors ring is less then 1% it proves that its worthless do you have anything for bersker ring?

If warriors effect is less than 1%, then comparing gs to whip, gs is a little more than 10% more effective for a 50% slower speed?

The main thing warrior ring does for me at least is makes the speed of knocking down the shield faster. I've actually thought about bringing a rune defender just for darklight. But the speed is pretty notable even with a warrior ring.

A warrior ring adds an extra 4 attack bonus. You will probably have 38 slash bonus normally. Warrior ring boosts this up by 4 to 42, so what does this make? Over a 10% increase. Normally you will have about 40 str bonus as well, so that makes zerker ring only a 10% increase exact in strength. You also have an increase in defence cause TD's use a slash melee attack. So that makes warrior ring even better. 100k or like 1.7m? You decide.

Also, warrior's effect might not have so much as berserker outside of tds, but inside, its a different story. Comparing warrior ring to berserker ring for ... armoured zombies (I almost said slayer :oops: ) and finding that berserker ring is better does not mean it is better everywhere else -- armoured zombies have less defence than a tormented demon does.

If warriors effect is less than 1%, then comparing gs to whip, gs is a little more than 10% more effective for a 50% slower speed?

What? 4/150 attack bonus = 2.6% / 2 = 1.3% + prayers\super sets = ~1%

The main thing warrior ring does for me at least is makes the speed of knocking down the shield faster. I've actually thought about bringing a rune defender just for darklight. But the speed is pretty notable even with a warrior ring.

Defender would have 5 times the advantage for ~2 extra seconds of clicking and 10% extra profit.

why have i never heard you saying that warriors ring is less then 1% it proves that its worthless do you have anything for bersker ring?

Don't act like a moron. See above. Just because I haven't posted the details behind it doesn't mean it's not true, I was assuming all posters would be capable of basic addition and division. Apparently I was wrong -.-

DeviledEgg24.png

What? 4/150 attack bonus = 2.6% / 2 = 1.3% + prayers\super sets = ~1%

well what would be more accurate is 20% more effective, cause gs is what, like 50 att and str bonus on a whip. Even less with defender -- like 30 att and 45 str bonus.

But that would make gs, in terms of accuracy according to you, less than 7.5% better (12.5% in the first case) than a whip. This shows in training results, but compare it to doing something like god wars, where accuracy is a big help because you're fighting something with a high defence. Accuracy also helps in TD's -- while they may not have as much defence as other GW bosses, they have a notable amount for warrior to be very effective. It makes a big difference in using a GS for me. What ring would you recommend then, though?

I'll be testing out wealth there, but for a long time I've really been a non-believer in wealth. It's given me bad luck >.>

But that would make gs, in terms of accuracy according to you, less than 7.5% better (12.5% in the first case) than a whip. This shows in training results, but compare it to doing something like god wars, where accuracy is a big help because you're fighting something with a high defence. Accuracy also helps in TD's -- while they may not have as much defence as other GW bosses, they have a notable amount for warrior to be very effective. It makes a big difference in using a GS for me. What ring would you recommend then, though?

I'll be testing out wealth there, but for a long time I've really been a non-believer in wealth. It's given me bad luck >.>

Wealth, of course. And whip + defender > GS at all bosses except TD, and there are only thanks to the slower, bigger hits. Whip + defender has more damage per minute then any other weapon. There's no possible way you have enough evidence to support the 'bad luck' theory you would need dozens of claw drops to provide evidence supporting an increase or decrease.

DeviledEgg24.png

Just 600 more crims and I'll be able to try the unicorn out for myself... God it's taunting me....

I'm not sure on the ring debate. It's not really that big a deal though really.

It's good to see that comper chomper seems to have been converted to godswordism. So it would seem, at least. I got totalpwnage to thank there. You're a bloody legend mate.

Anyway I'm camping at waterfiends for a while. Soon I'll have the best guide in the land.... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

Recently tried TDS with godsword in stead of hally. I must admit it was quite a bit faster. However, I had to tele early because of lack of food. Switching between 3 prayers, flicking piety and eagly eye, specialing, ..., it became too much and I made quite a few mistakes.

Will try again soon.

Recently tried TDS with godsword in stead of hally. I must admit it was quite a bit faster. However, I had to tele early because of lack of food. Switching between 3 prayers, flicking piety and eagly eye, specialing, ..., it became too much and I made quite a few mistakes.

Will try again soon.

Just a tip:

Don't switch your boost prayer upon switching your weapon. It's better if you just switch weapon, attack, then start pray flashing.

And, ladies and gentlemen, I now have 88 summoning!!!@@@@ \' \' \'

I just tried out unicorn at TDs, and all I can say is that it kicks serious [wagon]! Even on my very first trip with unicorn and using gs, I was able to easily keep myself alive with the unicorn alone. Do bring some emergency sharks though.

I did unfortunetely find myself in an annnoying situation. When potting up every 2 kills, my unicorn only lasted till I had 1 sip of superset left, and summoning another would be a waste, lol. I think I better start potting up every 3 kills instead. :P

I will hopefully add a unicorn section soon. It might take a while, though.

I can also say that gs is way better than hally even with unicorn. That argument is over, nobody speak of it again.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

the banner burns my eyes *eyes set on fire*

other than that, decent guide

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come