When a RS bug was NOT blown out of proportion

sees_all1

game crash bug

f2p summoning familiar pvp dp bug

click reward from theive chest using the game crash bug (once you enter the special character, theiving chests can be theived as fast as you can click) fixed now but only 4 people did it.

glitch in halo 2 where if 16 people stand on Zanzibar bridge it vanishes

gf

this is not halo. I would, however snipe you.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't playing at the time, what's the deal with 6/6/06? (besides the fast it's 666)

also, i remember right next to the stairs, some people were hitting each other with rubber chickens. they hit like 43's, but their health never actually lowered.

Paragon.png

I Don't know the whole story about this glitch, by some guy found that he could infinitely check a tree's health (I think it was only him that could do it and only on a certain tree). He got like 4mil farming xp (got him 99 farming). He didn't tell anyone, and he didn't get banned for it (as far as I know).

The only glitches people get banned for are when people decide to tell their friends, who then tell their friends etc etc.

I wasn't playing at the time, what's the deal with 6/6/06? (besides the fast it's 666)

also, i remember right next to the stairs, some people were hitting each other with rubber chickens. they hit like 43's, but their health never actually lowered.

Alright, back in the day Construction was still a relatively new skill and that day marked the houseparty of the first person with 99 construction. A pk'er back then, called Durial_321 (I think) had discovered a glitch that had to do with the houseportals, so he used one to Fally and teleported there, and then he could attack everyone in Fally. He killed a bunch of people this way, and there was a lot of panic and such. There are videos of it on Youtube, but they're not that clear.

Alright, back in the day Construction was still a relatively new skill and that day marked the houseparty of the first person with 99 construction. A pk'er back then, called Durial_321 (I think) had discovered a glitch that had to do with the houseportals, so he used one to Fally and teleported there, and then he could attack everyone in Fally. He killed a bunch of people this way, and there was a lot of panic and such. There are videos of it on Youtube, but they're not that clear.

he was at cursed_you's 99 cons party, and was in the combat ring. when cursed logged out, everyone (i think) in the arena at the time was able to attack anyone outside the house. durial ran, with a few others, up to falador. chaos ensued

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

An other bug when BH was a dangerous place was ofcourse µ (or 'mu').

but can you realy blame the players for 'trying out' these bugs?

they souldn't abuse it, but I think it's the fould of jagex for letting these bugs in.

You think Jagex just decide to "let" bugs into the game lol? Working out bugs in a game is ridiculous hard, long and tedious. As the complexity of the game increases it literally becomes impossible to get rid of them before releasing the game or game update.

There's also a fine line between testing out and abusing. Testing out should stop once you realise you're getting an unfair advantage. Very few players seem to be inteligent enough to not cross the line, some even whine when they get banned :|

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I Don't know the whole story about this glitch, by some guy found that he could infinitely check a tree's health (I think it was only him that could do it and only on a certain tree). He got like 4mil farming xp (got him 99 farming). He didn't tell anyone, and he didn't get banned for it (as far as I know).

The only glitches people get banned for are when people decide to tell their friends, who then tell their friends etc etc.

Yeah I know that guy, he talked a little about it after the bug was fixed.

When lending first came out people would ask to borrow peoples godswords and it would still have the option of detaching the hilt from the blade. The person borrowing them would keep the hilt whilst the blade was still considered lent. The owner of the godsword would be returned the blade.

Luckily this was fixed in under an hour i believe. Also that I had a godsword at the time and chose not to lend it :thumbsup:

This one was a fake.

The_Brodly.png

I remember the bug where you could get a beast of burden into pest control, stock up on bloods and other runes bail out and sell. I never heard alot of people talkin about it but I know some abused it. Was arround a long time to cause nobody blabbermouthed. (i'm not even sure if that's a word...got it from diddy kong racing :thumbsup: )

867de2w.jpg

What can I say? I'm a rebel, like Ché Guevara.

8fcsy9s.jpg

What the hell is Ash doing while Team Rocket says their rhyme?

I remember hearing about a glitch when lending first came out. If someone lent ANYTHING to another person, that person could go to... Edgeville I think? And spin those spinning plates then BAM, it was theirs.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I remember the bug where you could get a beast of burden into pest control, stock up on bloods and other runes bail out and sell. I never heard alot of people talkin about it but I know some abused it. Was arround a long time to cause nobody blabbermouthed. (i'm not even sure if that's a word...got it from diddy kong racing :thumbsup: )

It was Barbarian Assault. PEst Control does not provide you with any ammunition or runes at all.

On rsc, you could stand in a horizontal doorway (like the gypsy's hut, or in varrock castle) and close it. You would stand in the door and could mage/range npcs without htem able to attack you. If you clicked a spot next to it you would walk there. This one could not really be abused, because people could just open the door and the npc would attack you, and as far as i know there were no diagonal doors in the wildy.

Another bug occured when bh came out: If you telegrabbed the loot you would not get a penalty, thus alowing you to escape.

And ofcourse the SC bug that allowed you to take items and give them to friends, wich then deposited the items and you took them again. With this they could get 1m+ points in one game of SC, but luckily this had no great impact on the game.

Not sure but i wouldn't be suprised if many other people did this aswell. When pking in rs1 and you either got a really good kill or were really low hp. You could while standing in the members only wild log out and then log back in on a nonmebers world and be in members part of the wild in f2p and you could safely walk to where ever you wanted to go. Then log back into to members once you got there. This lasted for several months until it was fixed by not allowing you to log in if you were in a members area and your tried to log in to a f2p world.

A couple of months ago you were able to get a unlimited summon timer with the use of BH.

You would summon a familiar while on the same time look into one of the orbs that lets you watch inside of BH, this would result in the summon never dissapearing even though the timer went to 0. I have to admit it. I abused that but, but was so low summoning level so it was only good for my bunyips.

Oh, I know so many bugs.

Just recently with the quick prays update, there was a bug with them that you could use them to noclip through walls. It was seen a few times where people got in the center of the GE area, lol. Someone else got through the 2nd wall of the warriors guild and built potential outside the 2nd floor of the bar in fally, just for the hell of it.

There was another one, I think kinda related to that bug but not the same method. Somewhere on the west side of BH, some people found a way to noclip through the west wall of BH to get in. Wasn't with quick prays, cause that was fixed in like a day. This lasted until the 8th I think. The glitchers that used it were able to xfer a few things I think, but they were using throwaway accounts.

Of course the blood runes smuggling bug was big, this was discovered last summer or so and wasn't leaked until February, and after the leak it was fixed the next day. Many people got banned for this, and its probably why blood runes are once again hitting the price cap in the GE. I believe this is how the logging for the recent PvP bug got done.

There was a bug for BH safety, I know that. Apparently it had something to do with FIght Caves, you would die in BH and you would be ported out to Fight Caves with all your stuff. Idk how it worked but it was fixed later.

There was a bug when PvP worlds came out where you could attack other familiars by using manual casting with spells. Bunyips only had 40 hp. People that were windstriking kinda got owned. No one was banned for this I believe.

A REALLY long time ago, there was a bug where you could climb up a ladder in the castle in the middle of fally from the outside, thus landing you in the black area. This was all the way back in RSC. Lots of people did this for boredom, and it was fixed the next day. I dont' think anyone got stuck up there.

THere was a high hits bug where people could use all their prayers at once. People like The Michel2 0 (can't remember name) were hitting 56's on other people with whip easily. Someone even hit a 49 24 12 13 dclaw spec with it (thats a 98, fyi...). Swaps4 has a vid on it.

THen there was another high hits bug which not only caused a 53-53 dds spec, it made dds as fast as an MSB on rapid. It involved darts and a quick switch with the function keys. People took it to BH and hit crazy with it, the highest ko was like a 46 44 in BH. All the 50+ specs were in Duel Arena or something cause it required range void (yeah, was weird I know). Dunno anyone that was banned for it.

Theres more but I can't remember, and some are already posted.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

THen there was another high hits bug which not only caused a 53-53 dds spec, it made dds as fast as an MSB on rapid. It involved darts and a quick switch with the function keys. People took it to BH and hit crazy with it, the highest ko was like a 46 44 in BH. All the 50+ specs were in Duel Arena or something cause it required range void (yeah, was weird I know). Dunno anyone that was banned for it.

I heard about that one too, one of my pker friends actually lost some stuff to him.

That's the video if you were curious..

I also remember a Bug with Vengeance a long time ago, where you could 1 hit any monster when you casted vengeance.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Alright - so we all know the famous glitches, along with the new one still fresh in our brains.

stop right there, I dont know many at all besides the most recent PVP glitch/bug... info on some?

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

Went to do a harmless game of Stealing Creation, and I ran into a bug.

Zanik was in the waiting area, with some guy, who i won't disclose a name of, but Zanik was definetly following him.

bug.png

2v8sgvs.png

Alright - so we all know the famous glitches, along with the new one still fresh in our brains.

stop right there, I dont know many at all besides the most recent PVP glitch/bug... info on some?

Bugs that have been blown out of proportion - in my mind:

(I guess I'll go in reverse order... so most recent first)

-PVP drop potential duping with familiars in F2P

-The µ bug

-The penguin spotting bug

-The Fally massacre

-Item Duping in RSC

any I'm missing?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Long ago when construction was still quite new skill, there was harmless, but rather funny bug with the throne room trap. After felling in the pool, some people teleported out of the house and were swimming on land. And some of them fell again in the trap and were walking on water :pray:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I dont know if anyone mentioned the farming bug yet where you could check the health of a fruit tree patch over and over again. Some guy got Alot of farming xp in one day 10m+ i think, cant remember. But he got banned and the bug was fixed rather quickly. :lol:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.