When a RS bug was NOT blown out of proportion

sees_all1

Long ago when construction was still quite new skill, there was harmless, but rather funny bug with the throne room trap. After felling in the pool, some people teleported out of the house and were swimming on land. And some of them fell again in the trap and were walking on water :pray:

Also, if people who did that walk-around-while-sitting-on-a-bench glitch (where you can "teleport" everywhere while sitting on a dining room bench), if they fell down the trapdoors into a slime pit and died while in the cage, a wooden rocking chair would appear where they were. Was very fun to put a chair in front of the gate to the cage. Sometimes, if you sit in the chair then got up, you would walk on water. (This is still a common glitch in the construction skill :twss:)

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A really old one from rsc was you could equip a lot of knives (the kind used to fletch) I cant remember how to do it exactly but I remember it was something about clicking on the knife to drop it then clicking to equip something else. (In rsc you didnt drop something while you were still moving it waited until you stopped) people were hitting really huge numbers using this.

s86.png

wow, big glitch. kind of weird too... anyways, here's an old glitch from when i was younger... when someone held down F5 or some other "F" button, they logged out and dropped all the stuff they had. probably fake.

Paragon.png

My favorite, harmless glitch was the one that came about with the Warrior's guild.. there was a game in there to gain tokens that involved balancing barrels on your head, well, needless to say, you walk a little funny when you have barrels on your head ;) so after you left the barrel-balancing room, the barrels would vanish but you'd still be left with the gait of a drunkard. That was great fun.

and these children that you spit on as they try to change

their worlds, they are immune to your consultations;

they're quite aware of what they're going through.

- david bowie

When construction first came out, people with combat rings will duel with others using dds. When their opponent's health get low and poisoned, they will eject everyone from the houses. The poor person will take some poison damage and die outside the portal and they will take the loot.

There are no bugs that are not blown out of proportion.

It's the nature of the game - any game, really. Whatever unfair advantage there may be, no matter the risk of banning involved, dishonest people will abuse it. Every time.

There are no "secret" bugs either - someone tells someone else, who tells someone else, who tells five other someones, and pretty soon the bug abuse is equal to a logarithmic curve. It's just what happens.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Went to do a harmless game of Stealing Creation, and I ran into a bug.

Zanik was in the waiting area, with some guy, who i won't disclose a name of, but Zanik was definetly following him.

[hide=]bug.png[/hide]

That's not a glitch, she's there after you complete "The Chosen Commander". She's there to explore the world.

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

There are no bugs that are not blown out of proportion.

It's the nature of the game - any game, really. Whatever unfair advantage there may be, no matter the risk of banning involved, dishonest people will abuse it. Every time.

There are no "secret" bugs either - someone tells someone else, who tells someone else, who tells five other someones, and pretty soon the bug abuse is equal to a logarithmic curve. It's just what happens.

what I posted in the OP was a bug I discovered. I took the correct steps - tried once more to replicate it, reported it immediately afterward, and then went about my business.

Some of the more recent bugs, with MANY abusers, or historically "Big" events are blown out of proportion because of the number of abusers, and the tough decision jagex was forced to make.

I suppose what I'm looking for are potentially MAJOR bugs that people here have found, or heard about, that were handled correctly by the person that found it, so there were very few, if any abusers. These are the bugs you don't hear about - and I'd like to show people that, no, not everyone is doing it - and if you jump in, then you're a cheater and deserve to get banned.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

OP, believe me, you were not the first to try to log out in BH. There have been way more obscure glitches in the past that someone managed to discover.

I think one of the few glitches that wasn't mass abused was where the corp beast could be lured into certain corners with pvp armor and rendered harmless and could be easily duo'd. Only the rich people tried it, because they could afford the pvp armor and risk it at a place like the corp. But even then, the bug still was abused by many.

I think someone should start keeping a log of every major bug that is discovered and abused in runescape. It would be an interesting read and would perhaps give people the message that Jagex DOES NOT tolerate bug abusers. Now with their in-depth logs, gigantic 24/7 staff, and no-cheating attitude, mass bans are common in every bug abusing incident.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Hmmm, Piety in f2p anyone? Hitting 27's/28's and smiting in f2p is funnnn. Also, Ba smuggling glitch, poh glitches, penguins, turkey instant respawn and many others that I saved and lost cause my damned laptop broke -.-.

Who the hell called for /b/lackup? Seriously, that buzzer is for EMERGENCY USE ONLY.

Oh yea, and:

Remember the dead farmer glitch, where a farmer would be caught in the dead position, have infinite health, and would be read as still alive? I wish I still had those pictures.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Who the hell called for /b/lackup? Seriously, that buzzer is for EMERGENCY USE ONLY.

Oh yea, and:

Remember the dead farmer glitch, where a farmer would be caught in the dead position, have infinite health, and would be read as still alive? I wish I still had those pictures.

wasnt me, only site id call /b/lackup for is flatearthsociety, anontalk and MAYBE habbo

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

When Bounty Hunter came out, you could have a Bounty Hunter skull outside of bounty hunter. To do this, you had to start the tutorial and as soon the cutscene started you had to press start to birng up the Quickchat menu and press as many times as you could the "?" button. When you got to the point of the tutorial where the skulls are displayed, you could simply click on the ground to make your characted walk and cancel the tutorial cutscene. Then you would appear outside of Bounty Hunter with the skull. You could walk and teleport, but for every click the Quickchat help menu would come up. You were able to close it, but after you clicked to walk it would come up again.

I remember when I saw that, it was a semi-"big deal" - lots of people abused this one, but in the end, no one was hurt by it.

Phatglitch.png

Well you could do nothing but just walk around with it.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

I believe you're referring to an exponential curve...

A log curve's slope decreases to ~1 as the graph approaches infinity.

But you are right, it's surprising at how the word gets around...

It always surprises me at how people must figure out some of these glitches/bugs...

I'm sure some of them came about on accident, but other ones just seem way to complex for that.

Like the BH Safe - I believe that was using forced teleports, but I really have no idea how that exactly works D:

2vlwv1v.png

I believe you're referring to an exponential curve...

A log curve's slope decreases to ~1 as the graph approaches infinity.

But you are right, it's surprising at how the word gets around...

There's a limit to how many people can know about a bug, i.e. the total RuneScape population.

A logarithmic growth model is approximately exponential near t=0.

Some of my favorite glitches that I have witnessed/had happen to me:

1.) It used to be that every time you would teleport from the Greater Demons in the Brimhaven Dungeon to Ardougne, you would get the teleportation matrix random event. 100% of the time.

2.) If you killed a NPC at the exact moment it healed a hit point, it would walk around, bowed to the ground.

qeauxraline.png

"Call now, and I'll replace your old television with a new one that looks just like it, while you sleep!" --Dogbert

Shadow Spider bug in classic was interesting. Very low key too.

Also shooting members arrows in f2p in classic was very low key too.

Knife bug was hyped for it's time, and the mmmmm bug.

Digsite rocks were bugged too, some guy got 800k mining xp from them and was banned pretty quick.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

i had fun with the bug from stealing creation that allowed you to walk into a wall

and the bug from the great orb project that allowed you to put up multiple barriers at the same time, I reported it as soon as i figured out how it worked but there were dozens of people who were doing it when gop first game out

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Zanik was in the waiting area, with some guy, who i won't disclose a name of, but Zanik was definetly following him.

[hide=]bug.png[/hide]

That's not a glitch, she's there after you complete "The Chosen Commander". She's there to explore the world.

What he said. She also appears in the Wizard Tower right outside of RCing Guild.

On topic: Ring of Stone/Ring of Easter + Emote glitch. Not harmful in anyway but does look very fun when you see an egg levitating the weights from the Strength skillcape emote.

120dgl.jpg

[hide=]bug.png[/hide]

What he said. She also appears in the Wizard Tower right outside of RCing Guild.

On topic: Ring of Stone/Ring of Easter + Emote glitch. Not harmful in anyway but does look very fun when you see an egg levitating the weights from the Strength skillcape emote.

Thats what I thought at first but she was definetly following the guy, like not aimlessly walking about, i dc'ed before the game ended so I don't know if she was in the game with him. Maybe it was just conincidental movement.

2v8sgvs.png