Riots in Runescape, have you seen one?

Neos_Matrix

They're absurd, and honestly, completely hilarious.

Why would anyone care that someone is wasting their time rioting in a video game?

I see why riots in the real world make sense, but in a mmo, it amounts to very little.

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I honestly thought I couldn't have a lower opinion of you then you bring this out.

No, I have NEVER RWTed, it's cheating and a scummy, disgraceful thing to do. I don't get half of your post, you're just chatting [cabbage] about stuff. I'm not going to get into an argument with you either because you're not worth it.

I understand where you're coming from, but do you know how much money that is? You could practically buy a car with that much. I've never been a supporter of RWT but, wow.

actually that was the first rule i've ever broken. i had about 3 bil worth at the time, $5 a mil. let's face it, i was in high school and played runescape for fun as i'm sure that is the case with many people. however when you see that you could have a ton of money on an online game and able to show off pixels to other players, compare that to up to $15k irl. gp was actually pretty easy to sell at the time. that was what i was faced with and if others had the opportunity to do so without getting caught, i'm sure i wouldn't be the only one who tossed aside morals on an online game and go shopping.

account banned, oh well who cares it's just a game. not like all my time was wasted, i had fun.

What?

m_theory11.png

Meh, riots are just huge spam frenzies, although the No Pk No Pay one was less spammy and more... catchphrases lol. I will admit I have participated in it for a short period of time, but that was before I realized the actual impact RWT had made.

Wow, 15k$ is a lot of money :shock:

There's never been a "riot" in runescape. There's been a bunch of cry babies standing in the same spot spamming and not actually doing anything constructive, and then taking credit when jagex change their mind because a hand full of individuals actually talk to jagex and discuss it, but never a "riot". "sit ins" is the best thing you could call them I suppose

yes.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen plenty of riots over the years. Not many recently I guess peope finally figured out that they don't work. :wall: But I remember the worst riots came after Jagex got rid of the wild. There were "Bring Back Wildy" riots going on throughout december 07 and throughout 08. I remember they organized some riots on youtube. I'm not really a big fan of riots so I'm glad that they've died down.

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

runescapeboomdeyadasigui7.jpg

There was a rollback riot back in September 07, that was my first riot I think. I tele'd to Fally for my farm run and saw people spamming "Ice me!" (I was told a certain clan is waiting at Ice Plateau to pk them), I tele'd out immediately. I was also at the clan support riot (but not to riot :lol: ) when clan leaders spammed jmods about getting better clan support etc. It was stupid.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I was at the swiftswitch and elvemage riots..

It wasn't nothing special just a bunch of people spamming and saying "ice me". Runescape riots are not riots, but rather obligatory spam fests started by a moronic group of people who decide to vent their rage in the form of mass spam in the center of fally. Of course if Jagex had an approval rating higher then george bush and didn't give us crappy updates 9/10 times a year maybe there wouldn't be this sort of player anguish to riot, but that's not gonna happen.

Probably one of the most recent riot's i remember was when they took the wilderness away, and falador and edgeville where full of Pkers spamming and shouting useless things that wouldn't change anything.., until eventually it all got a bit out of hand and the Mods had to step in. In my opinion, riots are kinda pointless, because at the end of the day, its just a bunch of whiney players who disaggree with one of Jagex's decision, and Jagex usually always manage to calm them down in the end :|

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Wait, what is the point of riots?

to prove that a majority of Runescape players are whining stupid idiots?

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

I was there when the SS riot was taking place. Didn't really care what Jagex had done with the new rules so I just sat there and looked at all the morons that tried to make a difference.

Also, I was at the "pay to PK" riot when everyone was like "We pay, We say". Once again, a bunch of idiots who think they can make a difference. I'm glad some of them actually ended their membership to try and retaliate against Jagex. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

~~Chaise91~~

hm.. no, but when there was a pc riot I recall that they did something about it.... they also protested againts swiftswitch and very soon later they did something like allow swiftswitch and now you got the rs world switch and ppl can still use swiftswitch, and also for pk, they wanted pk back and they did get pk back after all the riots

I wouldn't say they're useless, but jagex will never give exactly what the players want in riots, just something to shut them up a bit

I "attended" both the PC and Removal of Pk riots but did not participate in it.

Everyone was in Falador mass spamming messages and there were 1 or 2 Pmods who did their absolute best to try and calm the situation down. Was amusing and I actually made a music video out of the PK riot.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I suppose Jagex has done something about the demands of the runescape players. As IIVIU said:

Pking riot = Dedidcated Pking worlds.

Pest control Riot = Jagex done something about this.

SwiftSwitch = Jagex put in a quick world change device.

So i suppose riots aren't useless, just a bit over the top :wall:

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I suppose Jagex has done something about the demands of the runescape players. As IIVIU said:

You sure it's because of the riots and not because of forum feedback instead? There have been many nerfs and whatnot in RS but there was not a riot for every little change.

Riots are the only real way to talk to Jagex and make a point. They don't even have good customer service.

The Suggestion Forum proves much more reliable. There are so many ideas they took from players (POH, skill capes, etc.) and the only reason it looks like all of our suggestions are unheard is because that forum is flooded with dumb ideas.

The biggest fallacy is that people think it was the riots that caused these changes.

Yes, I've seen riots. Boy, were they a huge waste of time. So damn stupid too - had they been mature about the situation and did the right thing by taking it to the RSOF (without the flaming), then I'd probably give more of a damn about their causes than I do now.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.