No More Trade Caps!

Purgeelid

Now listen, I know everyone has 1000 good reasons for the wealth transfer cap, but seriously, give us the option to turn it off! You don;t have to take it away, and people afraid of scammers could just leave it on, but for some of us who actually like to give our friends free stuff, we hate the trade cap! Just give us the option to give everyone free money! When I was a wee noobie, someone gave me tons of money randomly, and it sure made my day. But now, this is no more!

GIVE US THE OPTION TO TURN OFF THE TRADE CAP!

If you agree, please say it!

But don't be hatin'.

Calling fishing a money-making skill would be an exaggeration.

Not exactly funny, but a good quote, no doubt. Also, he probably doesn't know I stole this from him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now listen, I know everyone has 1000 good reasons for the wealth transfer cap, but seriously, give us the option to turn it off! You don;t have to take it away, and people afraid of scammers could just leave it on, but for some of us who actually like to give our friends free stuff, we hate the trade cap! Just give us the option to give everyone free money! When I was a wee noobie, someone gave me tons of money randomly, and it sure made my day. But now, this is no more!

But don't be hatin'.

Give players the option, and RWTers will have the option as well. No support.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

What did I say about hatin'? And why the HELL would you quote me? We all know that's what you were talking about? Also, it can be one way. I can turn it on so I can give people as much stuff as I want for free, no bad effects. They don't have to turn the cap off, they just get free stuff. What's so bad about that?

Not exactly funny, but a good quote, no doubt. Also, he probably doesn't know I stole this from him.

What did I say about hatin'? And why the HELL would you quote me? We all know that's what you were talking about? Also, it can be one way. I can turn it on so I can give people as much stuff as I want for free, no bad effects. They don't have to turn the cap off, they just get free stuff. What's so bad about that?

1. I'll quote you if I want to.

2. Disagreeing doesn't = hating.

3. Anyway, you're not seeing the prolem. YOU won't abuse it, bot a few thousand other people will.

4. Don't know why I'm arguing, I'm 90% sure you created your account to troll.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

But don't be hatin'.

Jagex didnt add the trade cap to stop scammers, they did it to stop RWTers.

And i be hatin'. no support.

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

I'm hatin' here too.

It wasn't put it place to stop scammers, you idiot. Do you even read any of the newsposts? It was to stop RWTers. Give them the ability to give "gifts", and they're back in business and bots flood Runescape again.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Hating too. Do you like credit card payments, and 90% of the updates? Can you imagine the massive number of subscribers Jagex would lose if they dropped credit card payments - and even that would only delay the problem a few months? It's the inevitable end of RS.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

If the trade limit could be turned off, then mass RWT would return, Jagex would continue to be sued by credit card companies who, in my opinion, wrongfully, blame them because their customers were scammed by RWTers.

Jagex would not have lasted much longer due to the previous severity of RWT in Runescape.

No support...

And Purgeelid, are you trying to be a troll? If so, then please kindly leave.

Sorry, but that would destroy the game. Credit card companies have threatened to stop dealing with Jagex, and will do it again. It's better to have Runescape with trade restrictions than no Runescape at all.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Losers like these make my brain melt.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Just dumb. The wealth transfer cap was not put in place to stop scamming, that just happens to be one of the effects that it had. The cap was put in place to stop RWT (real world trading), and it did just so.

No support.

Just give us the option to give everyone free money! When I was a wee noobie, someone gave me tons of money randomly, and it sure made my day. But now, this is no more! But don't be hatin'.

If they really are as 'noob' as you say, then 10k is plenty.

PS: I be hatin'.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

Not Real World Traders! :ohnoes: There is no way to stop them but to put in a trade cap! Aaaah! Wait a second, come to think of it, there are other ways! Believe it or not, a trade cap is not the only way to stop RWT! Jagex in fact can monitor large transactions and if they are made by the same player over and over again, 'bam'! One RWT stopped. The trade cap does end all RWTers, but it also stops people like me. Jagex can still easily catch RWTers, in fact, they could even make a bot that monitors them automatically.

And no, I did not make this to troll, ad hatin' counts, because if you think that that you help the argument by rephrasing the exact same thing 5 other people said, then you are hatin' for the sake of hatin'.

Don't hate on me.

Not Real World Traders! :ohnoes: There is no way to stop them but to put in a trade cap! Aaaah! Wait a second, come to think of it, there are other ways! Believe it or not, a trade cap is not the only way to stop RWT! Jagex in fact can monitor large transactions and if they are made by the same player over and over again, 'bam'! One RWT stopped. The trade cap does end all RWTers, but it also stops people like me. Jagex can still easily catch RWTers, in fact, they could even make a bot that monitors them automatically.

And no, I did not make this to troll, ad hatin' counts, because if you think that that you help the argument by rephrasing the exact same thing 5 other people said, then you are hatin' for the sake of hatin'.

Don't hate on me.

You're an idiot, you fail to see what people are talking about. There were tens of thousands of rwters when Jagex added in the trade limit, and even if they banned each and every one of them, they would be back and kicking within days. This was the only way Jagex could stop them, and they aren't taking it away now; they stopped listening to selfish people like you who have the IQ of a used tissue a long time ago.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Don't hate on me.

Wow, you just completely didn't understand the problem with RWT. If a person wants to abuse RuneScape in order to make money by RWT, all he simply has to do, is pick a skill (say Woodcutting), use a botting program, and get loads of logs while he's away. RWTs do not use the same account over and over again, after a while of Woodcutting, they'd sell their logs, and sell the profit to the best buyer. Then, they'd create another character to start all over again. JaGeX can, and did, ban many botters but there are a few, very critical, problems with that:

1.RWTs usualy make it on time before JaGeX handles them.

2.Even if JaGeX banned IP addresses, most of you already know how easy it is to change it.

3.To some it matters less than it does to me, but random events will be back in action.

Anyway, removing the cap, or giving players the ability to remove it temporarily is not an option, atleast not at this point. Unless someone finds some magical formula to both remove the cap and keep the bots away from RuneScape, I'd be the first to applause.

Sorry for the bad grammar, it's 3:25 A.M. in here and my brain decided to give me a bad time both for sleeping AND functioning. Meh.

Alright, you people do have good arguments, and for the record, I never wanted to start a hatefest (which is what this has turned into). I never meant that because you argued against me, I had some personal problem with you. But hey, it's the internet! Anyway, that used tissue crap has no place here (really guys? C'mon :| ) All I wanted was to say that I personally wanted to be able to give things to my friends and others, and this is the kind of thing where you are like, "Oh hey, that could work if: " Not, "Oh hey, you are [developmentally delayed]ed for expressing your opinions and you are a used tissue (Really?)"

So please, if taking the trade cap off is not the way to go, what is?

Suggestions?

HEY GUYS, IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME YOU ARE A HATER OK?

MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!!

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Hatin' is when you forget the fact that we disagree on something and start insulting people and making a general idiot of your self. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but I do mind people insulting my intelligence, and saying things like "Idiots like that make my brain melt." Well, gee, sorry for making your brain melt, and I hope you're sorry for being such a d-bag.

If you have something valid to say, and you can responsibly handle the caps lock key, please say it now.

No hatin'

Hatin' is when you forget the fact that we disagree on something and start insulting people and making a general idiot of your self. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but I do mind people insulting my intelligence, and saying things like "Idiots like that make my brain melt." Well, gee, sorry for making your brain melt, and I hope you're sorry for being such a d-bag.

If you have something valid to say, and you can responsibly handle the caps lock key, please say it now.

No hatin'

NAH. I'LL JUST KEEP ON HATIN' AND CONTINUE MY CAPS LOCK ABUSE.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

No hatin'

*raises hand*

I have something valuable to say!

As a quote from a mod proved, Jagex had been under pressure and threat of law suit due to credit card fraud, and was forced to chose between credit card payment and ending RWT. Since nearly 90% of their USA subscribers used credit card (Not sure where you live, but I'm in the US and the credit card is BIG), they faced the decision to lose 60k subscribers (mostly macros, some disgruntled PKers) and change the gameplay style of a small percentage of the population (PKers), or shut down the game from the loss of a large portion of their subscriber base. They made the choice to keep the game going, regained far more subscriptions, and have continued to grow by leaps and bounds.

Give one good reason that removal of the trade limit would be worth shutting down RS, as you seem to have overlooked that in your posts.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Very good point (not the tardo with the caps lock), and I agree that Jagex made the right choice, and it has been established that while the trade caps keep the real world traders at bay, I still don't like it. However, I honestly think that the root of the problem lies with how the Real World Traders get all the money. Honestly, if Jagex simply can make an effective method to stop them from running programs or whatever they're doing, the trade caps can come off, and everyone can do the whole charity thing. I know Jagex has made tons of anti-cheating methods, but can anyone tell me (first-hand, maybe?) how you can possibly get around them without getting banned? I for one, think Jagex has done a good job with the anti-cheating, so how is this still such a big problem?

Very good point (not the tardo with the caps lock), and I agree that Jagex made the right choice, and it has been established that while the trade caps keep the real world traders at bay, I still don't like it. However, I honestly think that the root of the problem lies with how the Real World Traders get all the money. Honestly, if Jagex simply can make an effective method to stop them from running programs or whatever they're doing, the trade caps can come off, and everyone can do the whole charity thing. I know Jagex has made tons of anti-cheating methods, but can anyone tell me (first-hand, maybe?) how you can possibly get around them without getting banned? I for one, think Jagex has done a good job with the anti-cheating, so how is this still such a big problem?

Read. This. Page. http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... cle_id=567

As the game has grown, the demand for gold has grown with it, so it is worth gold-sellers' time to make smarter bots. "We keep developing technologies to combat bots, but it's like an arms race we stop bots, they improve their macros, we stop them, they improve again," says Andrew. The longer we keep doing this, the harder it's going to be to keep stopping bots. "If we don't break that vicious cycle now, it would just keep getting worse and worse. It could reach a point where macro software becomes undetectable."

DeviledEgg24.png