No More Trade Caps!

Purgeelid

Now listen, I know everyone has 1000 good reasons for the wealth transfer cap, but seriously, give us the option to turn it off! You don;t have to take it away, and people afraid of scammers could just leave it on, but for some of us who actually like to give our friends free stuff, we hate the trade cap! Just give us the option to give everyone free money! When I was a wee noobie, someone gave me tons of money randomly, and it sure made my day. But now, this is no more!

GIVE US THE OPTION TO TURN OFF THE TRADE CAP!

If you agree, please say it!

But don't be hatin'.

Give players the option, and RWTers will have the option as well. No support.

i thought the same exact thing +1

A slaYer KiD.png

Effigies: 5

draconic visage: 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, I did read the article, and it was very helpful. Still, it doesn't solve my problem. I guess I may never be able to run a charity, unless Jagex does decide to legalize RWT, which seems unlikely at best.

Calling fishing a money-making skill would be an exaggeration.

Not exactly funny, but a good quote, no doubt. Also, he probably doesn't know I stole this from him.

Aye, I did read the article, and it was very helpful. Still, it doesn't solve my problem. I guess I may never be able to run a charity, unless Jagex does decide to legalize RWT, which seems unlikely at best.

-.-

It just isn't worth it. Still, you can start a small charity. Just do a bunch of easy quests, and give stuff away in f2p Varrock. You can still be a good santa with a limited trade amount ;)

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

It's the best possible solution to a charity. Legalizing RWT means shutting down RS, and you can't run a charity on a game that doesn't exist. So it's the best of all possible options.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Yeah, I guess so. Still it's not like the old days... In my opinion, RWTers and the Grand Exchange have pretty much ruined the game for me.

Not exactly funny, but a good quote, no doubt. Also, he probably doesn't know I stole this from him.

Yeah, I guess so. Still it's not like the old days... In my opinion, RWTers and the Grand Exchange have pretty much ruined the game for me.

More so then if the game didn't exist?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

As of today, there is no other solution. JaGeX did, however, make it possible for SOME 'charity'. You can either use the party room (although then you wouldn't know who would take your 'gift'), or you could complete as many quests as possible. If I'm not wrong, completing all the quests as of now gives you a little more than 60k trade cap, for what it's worth.

And guys, he made a mistake, okay. He apparently didn't know much about the trade cap other than what it is.

In fact, he even thought it's there to solve a scammers' problem, not RWTers'. A simple explanation as to why you can't take the trade cap off would do.

Seriously.... I though tip.it's community had an overall higher maturity level than the RSOF...lol

Record: 5th thread about "ANTI-RWT updates ruined RS!"

I don't see why a mod didn't lock this pointless thread. Its spam. Seriously look at the RSOF. This thread is a exact replicate of the few thousand spam threads in the RSOF after the anti RWT updates.

GET OVER IT. IF YOU CAN'T COPE WITH CHANGES, LEAVE.

P.S. Don't go and give me hypocritic statements like "too bad I can't start a charity now". You can. Who says you have to give a few thousand to be a generous charity? A few hundred gp will do and you can give a few hundred gp to about 30+ players per day.

P.S.S. This isn't even a suggestion. :roll: :roll:

Seriously.... I though tip.it's community had an overall higher maturity level than the RSOF...lol

Oh, is that what you though?

Record: 5th thread about "ANTI-RWT updates ruined RS!"

Well, gee, i'm sorry for not reading every post on every board ever. I didn't see any on the first page, so I posted mine.

I don't see why a mod didn't lock this pointless thread. Its spam. Seriously look at the RSOF. This thread is a exact replicate of the few thousand spam threads in the RSOF after the anti RWT updates.

Is it now? Wow, I apologize for starting this thread that has helped me out a lot, even if not you. Also, I don;t read the RSOF, too many posts.

GET OVER IT. IF YOU CAN'T COPE WITH CHANGES, LEAVE.

Pull up your big boy panties and type like the rest of us. The magnitude of what your saying does not really have to have big letters to make it important. Caps lock really is overused these days...

P.S. Don't go and give me hypocritic statements like "too bad I can't start a charity now". You can. Who says you have to give a few thousand to be a generous charity? A few hundred gp will do and you can give a few hundred gp to about 30+ players per day.

P.S.S. This isn't even a suggestion. :roll: :roll:

I say that's not enough. If I wanted to give a few players a few hundred gp, then why would I start this thread?

I would also like Jagex to remove the trade cap, but they can't do that. However, they're already working on another method. If you are a friend with someone for a long time the trade limit between you and your friend will rise, so that you can give nice gifts to your friend and such ;)

I'm sorry for the spam on your thread, I know that there are already a lot of topics about this but that's no reason for spamming and ALL CAPS. They could've just said "Hi, nice idea, but Jagex can't remove the trade cap because it would allow RWT'ing" or something similar.

I say that's not enough. If I wanted to give a few players a few hundred gp, then why would I start this thread?

Because you wanted to ruin RS and force Jagex to close it in a few months so no one could play, something implementing your suggestion would do.

Since you seem to have recognized your mistake, I'd suggest PMing a mod requesting a lock so this thread doesn't continue to fill with spam\flames as poorly thought out threads tend to do. I'll leave it alone, unless someone appears and tries to defender it, in which case I'll wage an all out debate war -.-

DeviledEgg24.png

:twisted: But I was having a fun flame war! :twisted:

Well, I do like the friend idea, but it doesn't help my charity. Still though, it's a good thing. I guess that pretty much sums it up, unless some d-bag wants to start a flame war... No? Ok, then. :(

:twisted: But I was having a fun flame war! :twisted:

Well, I do like the friend idea, but it doesn't help my charity. Still though, it's a good thing. I guess that pretty much sums it up, unless some d-bag wants to start a flame war... No? Ok, then. :(

I think all the hatin' was all to you. You had no comebacks or anything to us.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

If I did comebacks, i'd be just as low as you are, flaming on a newbie's thread.

I mean really?

Um... You are kind of a little too late for this one? It's already been resolved.

Now listen, I know everyone has 1000 good reasons for the wealth transfer cap, but seriously, give us the option to turn it off! You don;t have to take it away, and people afraid of scammers could just leave it on, but for some of us who actually like to give our friends free stuff, we hate the trade cap! Just give us the option to give everyone free money! When I was a wee noobie, someone gave me tons of money randomly, and it sure made my day. But now, this is no more!

GIVE US THE OPTION TO TURN OFF THE TRADE CAP!

If you agree, please say it!

But don't be hatin'.

Very thought out solution. I have to

...DISAGREE. This is terrible. The trade limit isn't keeping us from getting scammed, it's limiting RWT. You have no idea what you are talking about, and if you came here just to see if people here would agree with you and your very un-thoughtout idea, then you thought wrong. If you are going to present an idea that you actually want to be taken seriously, think it through. Don't make an idea 5 minutes in your head and then post it, and expect you to get constructive criticism.

You want to be treated seriously, yet you call people tardo, d-bags, and such. You can't be expected to treated as an intelligent person when your vocabulary isn't that sophisticated. And, as said a million times over, quit making topics about something that CANNOT, be changed. Jagex already stated that RWT'ers were stealing credit cards and such, and then people were threatening to sue Jagex(although it's not a very legitimate or logical lawsuit).

This can't be changed, so stop living in the past, and drop it. Jagex can't and won't change it. The status of Runescape has only been going up since they ended RWT.

And don't use words such as hatin', if you expect to be taken seriously.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

And you also don't sound that much of a high level player. So why would a low level player want the trade limit go off when they can't even do things such as run a charity. Who is this charity for? Why do you even need a charity. For the 7 years of Runescape I've been playing, I've never needed to run a charity and neither do you.

And if you want a charity, go to the party room. And if the new updates ruined the game for you, leave. Jagex doesn't like people who whine about this over and over. I feel sorry for them and their j-mods and p-mods having to settle topics like this everyday from messages and forum topics.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

I'm hatin' here too.

It wasn't put it place to stop scammers, you idiot. Do you even read any of the newsposts? It was to stop RWTers. Give them the ability to give "gifts", and they're back in business and bots flood Runescape again.

fyi botters are still at large and doing better then ever. we just cant transfer as easily . but accs memberspins and botting gold is still in. As a mattter of fact i am one and i can tell u. Get rid of rwt = no moer then 50k people on at a time EVER also MUCH and i say MUCH higher prices in stuff like fish, fletching, pots , ores, bars, and anyhting else that a skiller can get. because its the botters that feed the demand. Who else gets 50k sharsk and sells them... A MONTH??!?!@

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

I'm hatin' here too.

It wasn't put it place to stop scammers, you idiot. Do you even read any of the newsposts? It was to stop RWTers. Give them the ability to give "gifts", and they're back in business and bots flood Runescape again.

fyi botters are still at large and doing better then ever. we just cant transfer as easily . but accs memberspins and botting gold is still in. As a mattter of fact i am one and i can tell u. Get rid of rwt = no moer then 50k people on at a time EVER also MUCH and i say MUCH higher prices in stuff like fish, fletching, pots , ores, bars, and anyhting else that a skiller can get. because its the botters that feed the demand. Who else gets 50k sharsk and sells them... A MONTH??!?!@

#1: Don't pretend your a "botter", you most likely aren't and if you were you would be banned from both TIF and RS.

#2: RWT has become almost impossible with no methods of transferring cash

#3: The very few ways that currently exist are horribly slow, laughably easy to ban for, and generally cause no problem

#4: Should RWT have continued unabated, RS would have closed long ago

#5: Dunno where you've been, but nowdays most skillers are semi-AFK players.

DeviledEgg24.png

Whoa is this conversation still going? I thought it was dead...

Please leave the hallowed threads of our forums. This may be the dumbest idea that I have ever heard on any RuneScape Forum board, and believe me, I spend over 2 years on the RSOF, and I have heard a lot of dumb ideas.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.