What has happened to Tip.it!?

Captainkidd

Yeah, that's what I meant. Doing Calc and replying to threads leaves people with many half thoughts of (the integral) sec²xdx and an actual response.

= tan(x) + C, right?

I believe this to be correct. Can't forget the C. I always forget the C.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been part of tip it for quite a long time, mainly just a reader of the forums and not a huge poster. It is going downhill, it's not horrible but there is defiantly something different. The 4chan stuff just gets so annoying, it's not funny and it will never be, so stop.

As with most forums, older members move on, and as they do we get younger members who don't really know how things go down. They treat it like a generic forum, spamming and doing whatever they please.

It's not going to revert back, even though I wish it would. We just have to deal with it and adapt, or leave like the others have before us.

645th to 99 Agility.

I'm always up for a good chat, feel free to pm.

Anyways, this topic comes around every so often, and the way I see it is that people continue to mature, and what they find immature and annoying now they used to ignore.

This. I remember around a year ago when I played runescape and posted in the forums I would spread "pro" and "L" and "fail" everywhere I went, 'cause I thought it was hilarious. Nowadays, it pisses me off whenever I see someone mention those words. Not sure why, it just does. Anyways I try to not get angry at these people, and luckily I haven't seen these words around as much as I did a couple months ago.

EDIT:

It's because of all the debaters (i.e. compfreak) who [wagon] people off, make them mad, and spread the hate to others.

What's wrong with compfreak? All he does is post his opinion and let people interpret it themselves. And most of the time he's right, and has empirical data to back it up.

wl7w9j.png

What's wrong with compfreak? All he does is post his opinion and let people interpret it themselves. And most of the time he's right, and has empirical data to back it up.

I'm sure compreak is a nice person irl, but i know what ragmar means, sometimes ppl like him can be a bit.. blunt. I think the main problem is that some people take things toooo seriously as in think everything that everyone says is a personal insult or spam resulting in flame wars. i'm too scared to make a topic after going around these forums for a while because i see way too much people going "this topic is already made, do we really need 1000 of them?" or "quit whining you noob" ect

I say what I think, and people tend to not like that, so they call me a troll. Quite sad.

I agree >.>

Tip.it has went down a bit..

Compfreak is an alright guy, but he doesnt let people have opinions or 'a second way' to do something, it's pretty much "grind this and grind that. Dont have fun".

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I'm sure compreak is a nice person irl, but i know what ragmar means, sometimes ppl like him can be a bit.. blunt. I think the main problem is that some people take things toooo seriously as in think everything that everyone says is a personal insult or spam resulting in flame wars. i'm too scared to make a topic after going around these forums for a while because i see way too much people going "this topic is already made, do we really need 1000 of them?" or "quit whining you noob" ect

Thing is, I didn't say that. u put wrong name in.

Paragon.png

I do agree that in some threads and posts i've come to see do have spam, nasty comments ect, but at the end of the day, i think that 95% of the Tip.it forum members/staff ect, are kind helpfull and understanding, its just the other few that spoil it for the others, But this community is not at-all like RSOF, Anyways, that's just my views on things :-#

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I don't know about you, but I browse tip.it more out of habit now than anything else, without posting as much as some years ago. Back when one liners were still big :mrgreen:

That was my habit too for a while too, but even old habits die, eventhough slowly. Personally I'd say that I've gotten an overdose of certain kind of posts and that way gotten rid of the old habit.

I've been hearing this downhill story for years (I remember seeing it around when I was still a mod) - honestly, I can't see it. The only thing that I see supporting it is the few posters who are into the whole "IB4L" thing. As seen by a few posters in this thread already, they act immature by typing in leet (or something similar) and put "jk" at the end of their post. Does it make them mature? No. Was it around before? Yes.

The same happens everywhere - you hear how things were so much better in X when it was Y. How often do you hear old people saying things were better back in the good old days? Too often if you ask me. However their instrument to say that is their memory and we tend to remember good things better than bad things. Thus memory is kinda insecure instrument for judging things.

For forums such as Tip.IT I'd personally use comparison to the other similar products as the instruments. I'd say without a doubt that Tip.IT has lost its positions on this section. For top 15 or so pkin clans Tip.It has minimal or no value at all while RSC is almost as important as their own forums. That already drives people from Tip.It to RSC. If we look at the number of user made guides, RSC has caught Tip.IT and passed it. This kind of things affect to the Tip.It directly: they reduce the need for serious posters to post here. One liners can be posted anywhere, but when you write few thousand words, you'd probably hope people to read it.

This has led into the current situation we're facing. I see 43 posts (not counting stickies). Their demography is the following:

* Skill cape values, mainly fletch/cook = 2 posts = 4,7%

* High lvl player behaviour = 1 = 2,3%

* Update related posts = 4 = 9,3%

* Ring of wealth topic = 1 = 2,3%

* Locked/moved (or asked to be) , not counting ones listed in other categories = 6 = 13,95%

* Different questionaires/lists = 5 = 11,6%

note: the case might be different when I post this so lets not stick on wether there's 5 or 6 moved/locked/demanded to do either one. That's not the point, the point is to get an idea what an average post is about.

The list would go on. If you look at those things, they are exactly the same kind of stuff we've had there for ages. I personally don't find any enjoyment if replying for any of those, seeing that I could just copypaste some old message of mine and edit statistics if there's anything.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I say what I think, and people tend to not like that, so they call me a troll. Quite sad.

I recognise myself a bit there :lol: .

But well, I will say what I have said in a couple of other threads on the same topic as this one: I don't think Tip.it has changed much since I joined. It is still a very good community and there's loads of nice people on here. Sure, there are some people who irritates me, but those are much fewer here than on RSOF.

I have been on here for 3 and a half years now and I don't plan leaving anytime soon. Tip.It FTW!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Not sure what my official join date is, but I've been reading for a couple years. On the negative side, I have to agree that the discussions do not seem quite as creative, thorough and intelligent as they used to be. If I were to try to pinpoint when I saw the dip, I would say about the time of the sabotage. It seems we lost some important contributors about that time, and I think the forum still is recovering.

On the positive side, try spending an hour perusing any other Runescape forum -- Tip.it still is the best, and it's not close.

punitivedsig.png

It's about the same, its just the users who were young when these forums started are now getting more mature. The people who used to troll and talk in "1337 speak" are now the ones who hate it. People change when they get older. The people who your speaking of are just the younger generation and as they grow older a new younger group will take their place.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

It's about the same

:thumbup:

Really haven't seen much of a change in my time on here, its basically filled with cool people (some of whom have strong opinions) with the odd person out to offened. Seeing more bad could just be a 'time on the boards' thing, especially as a number of themes/topics have been chewed over so many times that it becomes a blur.

But if you think it's got worse there are two options - try and change it or move on. I don't count moving on as 'quiting' though, just that everything has a shelf life and that there is no reason to hang around if that time is past for you.

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]