Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WTF is up with FARMING? Watermelons..... then what?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Squisher_33
[ Display Name History ]

Squisher_33

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I agree. Carrots improve eyesight so they should give you an Attack boost too.

That's a myth, it doesn't help your eye sight at all.

i eat prolly 2-4 carrots a day since i was 3 and my vision is about 20/8(yes much better than 20/20), at doctor i went to vision part for physical and went to farthest back line and was supposed to read the bottom row on chart which was marked 20/10, i think took 3 steps back and covered one eye and read it, carrots are ftw
Posted Image

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze

i eat prolly 2-4 carrots a day since i was 3 and my vision is about 20/8(yes much better than 20/20), at doctor i went to vision part for physical and went to farthest back line and was supposed to read the bottom row on chart which was marked 20/10, i think took 3 steps back and covered one eye and read it, carrots are ftw

SS or it didn't happen. :lol:

And that story just shouts coincidence. Two events occurring simultaneously doesn't imply causation.

I don't think there needs to be more allotment any new plants until they are made useful aside from dumping in compost bins or paying farmers.

Italian5kamikaze
[ Display Name History ]

Italian5kamikaze

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,685 posts

But you could have also never touched a carrot in your life and still had the same eyesight.
Posted Image
Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

SS or it didn't happen. :lol:

And that story just shouts coincidence. Two events occurring simultaneously doesn't imply causation.

I don't think there needs to be more allotment any new plants until they are made useful aside from dumping in compost bins or paying farmers.

They're a(n):

[*:1jnabxde]ingredient in brewing (mature brews sell for double if not quadruple their GE value)

[*:1jnabxde]useful in herblore (seconds and primaries)

[*:1jnabxde]a useful, cheap training food

[*:1jnabxde]payment for farmers (as you mentioned)

[*:1jnabxde]a source of your own personal resource (trees)

They offer a LOT of low-level rewards, which cater to the majority of RS players. But I notice that the people who want more out of farming are mid to high leveled players. I already think they offer a damn lot, and a little profit besides if you do it right. That's more to say for some skills, like construction or agility.

Personally, I'm satisfied with Farming. A high level update would be nice but I don't see how it could be so revolutionary that it'd actually make farming profitable like hunter/slayer could be. That's just not what farming will be...

...at least, that's my opinion of it. *shrug*

(They could at least make the produce/vegetables free-to-play. I think that baskets of strawberries would be FANTASTIC food for f2p'ers.)

And for cripes sake stop talking about carrots! :wall:

hzvjpwS.gif

Drakolord7
[ Display Name History ]

Drakolord7

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • RSN:Drakolord7
I'd like to see high level variation of low level crops, maybe red cabbage, or Heirloom tomatoes.

It's not really needed, its more for personal taste.
Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition
QFC 16-17-671-59680498
Posted Image
Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

Ryhzuo
[ Display Name History ]

Ryhzuo

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Sarineka
Some skill gaps can't be helped. Why haven't they added new lure fishing types? Or maybe higher end leather armor for crafting? Truth is allotments are more of a means to an end. Just like I went through 3k leather hides til I could craft tiaras, once I reached yew trees and kwaurm herbs for farming I rarely touched my allotments.

If they had added some more useful purpose for allotments, I wouldn't mind using them, because I prefer usefulness over experience points. Hops too, need a huge improvement. They need to at least double the leve requirements for farming hops, and double the stat bonus too.

~Less QQ, Moar Pew Pew~

I don't know how anyone would have thought to make a seagull launcher out of a shirt and an accordion for Rocking Out though... That just seems too out there

Everyonedies
[ Display Name History ]

Everyonedies

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 657 posts
Maybe make some new seeds that are rare drops in the charm slot of drop system. So the seeds provide alot of xp but cant be traded and are grown on in the allotment space. The raw food you get cant be traded but if you have the cooking lvl you could cook the food and then that could be sold and lets say it heals 18 for the lowest on and 22 for the best. ITs rare so it wont take over has the best food but it will give some extra things to grow.

lostwoodlink
[ Display Name History ]

lostwoodlink

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • RSN:Lord Cool LV
You're absolutely right. Farming needs a cheaper alternative even if it's a bit slower. I'd like to see some of those giant flowers from the rain forest added.

Quest Cape originally achieved 4/14/09
99 Cooking achieved 1/1/09
5/6 Achievement Diaries completed

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods
It would be nice to have some higher level plants in the allotments that aren't good for training on, but are useful as:

a) Food.

B) High level herblore secondaries.

c) Stat boosting stuff.

Something that rewards high level farmers for their effort.

~ W ~

Posted Image

damianara
[ Display Name History ]

damianara

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • RSN:damianara

Maybe make some new seeds that are rare drops in the charm slot of drop system. So the seeds provide alot of xp but cant be traded and are grown on in the allotment space. The raw food you get cant be traded but if you have the cooking lvl you could cook the food and then that could be sold and lets say it heals 18 for the lowest on and 22 for the best. ITs rare so it wont take over has the best food but it will give some extra things to grow.

All you people keep talking about higher food not realizing that you already make some of the best food from farming if you do it right. Grow potatoes in one plot and onions or corn in another (yes i realize they aren't the highest to farm). Then grow mushrooms in the plot west of canifis or fish some tuna and you can make mushroom and onion potatoes (heals 20) or tuna and corn potatoes (heals 22), they are one bite so are superior to pies or pizza and also they sell for a little over 1k each. The only thing you need outside of farming is the tuna and butter, but you can churn your own or even buy it cheap from the chest in Lumby basement if you've done Recipe for Disaster(although the quantities are limited, but you can buy some,cook some food upstairs, then buy more, rinse and repeat til you're done cooking or fletch or alch, whatever floats your boat).

Brave2
[ Display Name History ]

Brave2

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 76 posts
All this talk of carrots reminds me of a stupid joke someone told me the other day it goes something like this :

Q - Why do rabbits have good eyesight?

A - Because they eat carrots

Q - Why can Foxes see in the dark?

A - Because they eat rabbits.....

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55
  • Clan:SODB

Hey where's your degree in nutrition, or any of the sort? I can't find it between the lines of your off topic post. Maybe if I take some Beta Carotene (or Vitamin A) found in these orange roots people find in the ground my eyesight may just be good enough to spot myth busting proof that Carrots do not help your eyes.

On topic:

I concur; tbh. I think there needs to be higher level allotments, I love allotments. But watermelons do get mundane after a while.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

killerbeer0
[ Display Name History ]

killerbeer0

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,005 posts
  • RSN:Nelvaan
Spinach for a strength bonus (the effect is doubled when combined with the barrelchest anchor). That's right. Farmer Popeye coming your way.
OH S***! He/she/it is back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users