Ranarrs or Snapdragon?

Kirderf123

Okey so far i've planted ranarrs for money. But is snapdragon more profitable?

In 100 seeds of ranarr i make about 1,5m how much would i make from 100 snap seed?

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

snapdragon have more of a profit capability, but less profit if only 5 herbs a seed. I would plant them after 70 farming; personally I only plant them in My Arm's patch.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

snapdragon have more of a profit capability, but less profit if only 5 herbs a seed. I would plant them after 70 farming; personally I only plant them in My Arm's patch.

This.

Rannar in the other patches if you wish, but I would just plant the highest herbs you can for the exp.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Personally, and I know you didn't even bring these up, I plant toadflax. They give the best profit percentage.

I'd go with what other people have said if you really want to do ranarrs and snaps though. My Arms patch do Snaps, and the rest of them do ranarrs.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Thanks for all the help, i think i'll stick with ranarrs and plant snap in "my arms" patch

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

[/hide]

Just plant snapdragons in all patches. I get an average of 6.5 herbs per seed when using magic seculateurs, supercompost and also including the my arm's patch.

I see no difference in rannar and snapdragon harvests. In fact, snapdragons seem to yield slightly more harvest than rannars. Average death rate is 11.1% for me and I think that it is independent to your farming lvl.

So, just plant snaps. Just realize that if you only plant 10 or so seeds, one death will hurt your profit. But in the long run, snaps are the way to go.

phata_elise.png

Death rates aren't dependent on your farming level. For me when i planted snapdragons i made about 500k after sell the herbs back after planting 100 seeds. I did have about 10 patches died and i only used 4 patches, don't have access to "my arm's" patch. I think if you have the gp, or are willing to spend it, buy the snap seeds and plant those. If you're low on gp buy toadflax seeds and plant those. If you look right now a lot of the seeds are being merch so they are either at high prices are hard to get off the GE.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Personally, and I know you didn't even bring these up, I plant toadflax. They give the best profit percentage.

I'd go with what other people have said if you really want to do ranarrs and snaps though. My Arms patch do Snaps, and the rest of them do ranarrs.

profit percentage isnt relevant when your going for max profit.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Snaps, personally. If you're going to do ranarrs then you'd might as well consider Toadflax and Kwuarm as well.

Assuming you average 6 herbs per seed, Kwuarm are the best for profit, making 13,960 per seed. For Snapdragons, it's 10,976 per seed. However, if your average is higher than six, then Snapdragon is better (six seems to be the average, though I might be wrong).

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Hmm, Good response to this thread and thank you all.

I tought that the die rate was depent of your farming lvl, but if it isnt then i'll test it out and buy 50 snapdragon seed and compare the profit/xp with ranarrs and see what i'm going to go further with.

but again, thank you all for helping me. :)

kirderf123.png

[hide=Quote]

[/hide]

Guams are best profit percentage.

2770% profit :thumbsup:

Lol, but in reality though you don't get as much money since everything is worth less.

Personally, I don't feel like tying up over 1m in seeds ATM, so I do this.

4 toadflax

4 marigolds

1 snapdragon/rannar in My Arm's patch. I make around 100k a trip if only doing toadflax, and I forgot what it is with snaps/ran. Remember too, snapdragon are about 3 times the xp of rannar.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

The average is 6.64 herbs/seed, including the death rate of about 10% (my data, over 2k seeds).

So, at current prices:

Snapdragons: 18.5k profit/patch, 26k at my arms.

Ranarr: 17k profit/patch, 22k at my arms.

Toadflax: 15k profit/patch, 17k at my arms.

Snapdragons give the most xp too, so plant those. Farming level doesn't affect yields.

2dvjurb.png

Guams are best profit percentage.

2770% profit :thumbsup:

Lol, but in reality though you don't get as much money since everything is worth less.

Yeah, that was the joke...

Snapdragons are better.

Hence the "Lol"?