My special runescape Idea for the summer =)

Bfbcool

Hey guys, I just had a great idea!

I am getting bored of everyday runescape, it seems way too repetitive. It seems like all I'm doing is killing green dragons and camping at bandits all day.

Today, I made one of my rare visits to the RSOF, and discovered something really cool. I found a guide to Doing it Yourself. It is stickied in the Guides thread. You should check it out, it is really cool. It contains a guide on "doing it yourself" for every skill. It tells you how to use teleports to your advantage while skilling and some great, uncrowded training spots!

One the that I found cool that I will certainly use on my new account: Monsters are a great source of pure essence. The Writer of the guide to DIY says he gets ~200 pure essence per herb trip at banshees, and he picks up every type of herb that drops.

Over the summer, I am going to make a new account, and on that account I will never make a single trade on the GE or with another player. I will get everything myself. Sure, it might not be as easy, but it seems like fun! You've got to remember, there is more to runescape than Skill capes and Phats.

What do you think? Share your opinions!

bfbcool2.png

Cool! Wish ya good luck :P

This does, however, belong at viewforum.php?f=98. I'll report so it can be moved ::'

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Ah, glad you clarified that. To whatever mod reads my report: He changed his post so it doesn't need to be moved any more. Sorry for wasting your time #-o

Blogscape also covers stories, drop logs etc. etc. so if you do decide to update a post with information like that, I'd recommend Blogscape :P

Also: Welcome to TIF :thumbsup:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Hey Bfb! This sounds like a quite strange idea tbh, I would start doing the same thing on my current account if I was you. But seems like it's a change =). It will be hard as how can you get your rune full for cmb training and other questions like that.

Anyways, good luck!

Hey Bfb! This sounds like a quite strange idea tbh, I would start doing the same thing on my current account if I was you. But seems like it's a change =). It will be hard as how can you get your rune full for cmb training and other questions like that.

Anyways, good luck!

Yeah but I am not too sure about the security of this account, seeing as I made it when I was young and naive in fifth grade. I made a few mistakes, and almost ended up selling this account. I've been muted four times and I just feel like I want to start out fresh =). And You just have to be creative. Treasure trials can be an easy way to get rune armor :D

But there are unavoidable things, such as the dragon hatchet. I'm not going to be able to efficiently train woodcutting until I can kill Daggnoth kings :?

bfbcool2.png

Rune hatchets *almost* as good ;)

Barrows is a problem, though. I tried it a while back but eventually gave up :P

DeviledEgg24.png

Everyone knows Banshees are too legit to quit.

I make like 800k per task there. (or used to lol)

I would never DIY Herb or Con though. Everything else I probably could.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Going by yourself is a pretty intense thing to do. I've been going by myself today as an idea for a challenge type thing, where you need to complete a task as fast as you can, without any help. I was actually going to post it, and seen your thread and just had to reply to it lol.

((btw if you're a true do-it-yourselfer, you can't fight the dagg kings, good luck standing on two switches by yourself lol. There's always adze))

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

Everyone knows Banshees are too legit to quit.

I make like 800k per task there. (or used to lol)

I would never DIY Herb or Con though. Everything else I probably could.

But thats just the Challenge I am looking for :twisted:

Besides, you have to remember, its not about skill capes, its about having fun :thumbsup:

Going by yourself is a pretty intense thing to do. I've been going by myself today as an idea for a challenge type thing, where you need to complete a task as fast as you can, without any help. I was actually going to post it, and seen your thread and just had to reply to it lol.

((btw if you're a true do-it-yourselfer, you can't fight the dagg kings, good luck standing on two switches by yourself lol. There's always adze))

I can go on boss runs with my friends, I just wont use coinshare. I think I'm still considered a DIYer if I don't abuse lootshare (like go to daggnoths at level 50 and attack once while friends kill)

bfbcool2.png

Rune hatchets *almost* as good ;)

Barrows is a problem, though. I tried it a while back but eventually gave up :P

True, Heck, I used one all the way to 75 woodcutting on this account :P

I enjoy barrows, back in the day I got 10m in one day from it 8-)

Edit: Oh yeah I just remembered, clay hatchets from stealing creation :D

bfbcool2.png

Wow, good luck. It actually sounds like it'd be a fun thing to do, I thought about it a few months ago, but didn't do it. Good luck being DIY, farming's gonna be hard, but Manage thy kingdom is wonderful for everything DIY.

Leman.png

Heh, I started something extremely similar to this a few days ago. I was bored of playing conventionally, and I'm finding that completing seemingly smaller goals can be quite rewarding. Take a look at my blog if you like. :uhh:

• 2 weeks later...

I tried something like this. Created a new account that I swore I would never buy any armour piece or weapon on. All items would have to be made by myself.

About two weeks later, I didn't even remember that account. :XD:

Good luck for ya. ::'

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Although unaware of it, I've already been doing this most of my RS career \'. I'm such a cheapskate that I pick everything up I see lying on the ground, and I forage for my own raw materials instead of buying them. Because why would you pay large sums of money for something you can get for free on your own, while getting free xp as a bonus? I know buying stuff saves you time, but I'd still rather skill for something than buying it. Plus, whenever I do a Quest I find that I already have most (if not all) of the needed items in my bank, saving me numerous trips to the GE :).

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

have fun playing your rpg.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]