My special runescape Idea for the summer =)

Bfbcool

Hey guys, I just had a great idea!

I am getting bored of everyday runescape, it seems way too repetitive. It seems like all I'm doing is killing green dragons and camping at bandits all day.

Today, I made one of my rare visits to the RSOF, and discovered something really cool. I found a guide to Doing it Yourself. It is stickied in the Guides thread. You should check it out, it is really cool. It contains a guide on "doing it yourself" for every skill. It tells you how to use teleports to your advantage while skilling and some great, uncrowded training spots!

One the that I found cool that I will certainly use on my new account: Monsters are a great source of pure essence. The Writer of the guide to DIY says he gets ~200 pure essence per herb trip at banshees, and he picks up every type of herb that drops.

Over the summer, I am going to make a new account, and on that account I will never make a single trade on the GE or with another player. I will get everything myself. Sure, it might not be as easy, but it seems like fun! You've got to remember, there is more to runescape than Skill capes and Phats.

What do you think? Share your opinions!

I already do this for Dragon items and other pieces of armour.

Smithed my own Dragon platebody, got my own Dragon platelegs, hatchet and gauntlets. I also got my own Berserker ring, Obsidian cape, Skeletal and Rockshell armour set, Splitbark set.

And today, I made my own fury.

Trust me, DIY-ing armour makes them so much more rewarding and special.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

sounds like fun, on my main when ge came out i thought it was overrated so i never used it.

so for about 5months i was trying to buy items off the ge and struggled majorly then i crippled under the pressure and tried ge

now i am a ge god :D

106xd3m.jpg

5p30vc.jpg

How you need 90 crafting to make a fury...

[hide=This]DIYfury2.gif[/hide]

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

[hide=]

DIYfury2.gif

[/hide]

True I completely forgot about stews :wall: Sorry

Do you just video everything you do to have proof? =D>

Masterben92.png

I've thought of doing this before but I'm too lazy to actually do it. This was how I worked back when I was a much lower level in f2p, I bought everything from NPCs and made my own stuff.

It will be really hard to get far with an account where you do everything yourself but you will certainly have a feeling of accomplishment if you do.

[hide=]

DIYfury2.gif

[/hide]

True I completely forgot about stews :wall: Sorry

Do you just video everything you do to have proof? =D>

Only the things that require me to spend over 7 hours in Stealing Creation to get tools to get a skill to in the high 80s, so I can stew it up and make the item in question.

Which, to this date, has been smithing my Dragon platebody and making that Fury.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]