Sims 3

RayOxide

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope those pictures are release screens, seeing as the game isn't even out yet. I'd much prefer if people wishing to show screenshots linked to the page they came from (until the game is released of course). Consider this a polite warning, I'd rather not have to sort out the very complicated piracy/legal problems that this kind of thing brings, I'm sure you guys can wait the 10 or so days until its out right?

Content: I've preordered, I skipped the Sims 2 but massively enjoyed the original. Planning to carbon copy my uni house as much as possible and see what anarchy results :D .

I've preordered it. Also, I believe the screens above are from the leaked version, as they are 'windowed', and most official screenshots are in full-screen mode (this applies to pretty much every game available). Anyway, I would have serious thoughts about buying it if the graphics were as horrendous as in the screenshots above. Compare them to this (taken from IGN):

[hide=Large Image]the-sims-3-20090522035331393.jpg[/hide]

Lol this game got leaked like 2 weeks ago.

Yeah, but apparently it has a whole second city missing and is generally shoddier than the real version. While I'm not refuting these claims, I think it's not true. Obviously, I'm not going to find out, because it would require me to download it illegally, and there is no point for me, since I have already pre-ordered it.

My girlfriend is absolutely obsessed with this game. Has every expansion for Sims 2 and is going crazy now that Sims 3 is coming out. It's ridiculous. I won't see her for a good week unless I visit her basement the week it comes out.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Lol this game got leaked like 2 weeks ago.

Yeah, but apparently it has a whole second city missing and is generally shoddier than the real version. While I'm not refuting these claims, I think it's not true. Obviously, I'm not going to find out, because it would require me to download it illegally, and there is no point for me, since I have already pre-ordered it.

General consensus (based on release versions and build numbers) is that the leaked version is 17+ builds behind the soon to be released version (which has a day 1 patch scheduled as well).

I'd get it, but my video card has [cabbage] on me for some reason. I learned that it could barely run DOOM today. No wonder Mount & Blade has slowed down on me recently ...

Really the only good thing about my computer is my external hard drive and kick-[wagon] monitor. This thing and most of its components are just rebuilt from two or three nineties computers. >:l

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Two more weeks and it's here :thumbsup: Though I kinda feel bad leaving my old Sims...*deletes pool handles while they're swimming in it*

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Comp can't run Sims 3, so going to buy expansions for 2 for (hopefully) dirt cheap

:lol:

I thought the game could run on most PCs?

^Expecting your computer to be made in 2007 or later. 2007 comps have an average minimum of 1GB ram where this needs 1.5GB

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Me and my brother are gonna split a Sims 3 between us when it comes out on Friday over here.

I'm still a little concerned about the reqs though, I just got 2GB of memory so that's awesome but my processor is only 1.6 Ghz I think and the requirements are higher than that =/ I've got the old Sims 1 but I've never had Sims 2 so it'll be a big step up for me. I'm used to playing Bustin' Out on PS2 ::'

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Its out now in Australia, not sure about other places.

Since my computer cant run it I am waiting for a new computer, :XD: so if that one can I'm definitely making an epic creative dude. ;)

I picked up my copy today, installing now as I type. I got a USB Sim Plumbob thing, a free shirt and I was told I'll also get more freebies online when I register the game.

_edit_

Just finished installing it. I got the extra community "Riverview" yay :thumbsup:

vv05c.png

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Awesome! Hah.

Is there an online option where you can go to parks and meet people playing somewhere else in real life?

Or is there like, no online at all? :(

If there is, can anyone link me or explain to me? :o

I've got a sim now who works in the music industry, is banging his boss who is filthy rich and has a husband. She also has a kid who for some reason hates me. Maybe because we keep doing it on the bottom floor while they're in the house. I want me a sugar momma (my sim is a mooch). 8-)

I think my next sim is gonna be an insane neurotic kleptomaniac - who is "neat" because damn if it isn't tiring to manually have to click on everything to make them clean it.

2009rb9.jpg

The "testingcheatsenabled" cheat works. I hate it when the Sim needs to go wee-wee while jogging. I refuse to use the money cheat but I'll use the needs modifier one.

[hide=]f_Screenshotm_7769fa9.jpg[/hide]

Mine's a virtuoso, great kisser Sim :mrgreen:

vv05c.png

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS