Mother gives birth to a baby with Anencephaly.

whiteguy

Kill it, why bother? I mean, the baby is a defect it isn't supposed to happen and it should have died during birth. What are the benefits of keeping it alive? Its just delaying death and the baby cannot ever gain any function, unlike a vegetable where advancements are still possible.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if she realizes how much of a burden the baby would be once she reaches adolescence or adulthood, that is, if it survives..

...I knew there was nothing to gain by terminating the pregnancy...

What? And what is there to gain by not terminating the pregnancy? You'll have a burden, then you'll have to deal with it's death. It'd be much easier to let go of something you haven't even seen yet than something you've taken care of for months. Comparatively speaking, there'd be almost no emotional burden if it was aborted.

...Maybe I could buy if off of her and become a ventriloquist...

That's absolutely terrible, but it gave me a massive chuckle :lol:

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

The baby is pretty much equivalent to a god damn plant. No consciousness, but it does move. So it's like a venus fly trap, but not as cool

If you had to carry around a ten pound plant in your body for nine months and go into labour for half a day just to get it out I think you'd want to keep that plant for awhile and not just toss it in the trash at first sight. Let the lady think things through.. you obviously aren't putting yourself in her shoes or you wouldn't be so quick to judge.

hiccup.png

The baby is pretty much equivalent to a god damn plant. No consciousness, but it does move. So it's like a venus fly trap, but not as cool

If you had to carry around a ten pound plant in your body for nine months and go into labour for half a day just to get it out I think you'd want to keep that plant for awhile and not just toss it in the trash at first sight. Let the lady think things through.. you obviously aren't putting yourself in her shoes or you wouldn't be so quick to judge.

Oh I agree, I understand completely why she's keeping the baby.

You guys know that it's still her child, right? There's a reason why children with Down Syndrome aren't terminated at pregnancy. Parents do feel a bond with their kids. I personally don't know if I could let a child live with something this terrible, but, I'm not it's (or anything's) parent. Do we have any parents on this board? I think just Goddess. I wonder what she would think.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

make her pay in full for keeping it alive and she can keep it for as long as she desires as long as it is not in any type of pain(or.. something).

i had something a bit meaner typed up- but it felt coldhearted :-#

edit: SCRATCH THAT

shes a religious nut-job..

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

make her pay in full for keeping it alive and she can keep it for as long as she desires as long as it is not in any type of pain(or.. something).

i had something a bit meaner typed up- but it felt coldhearted :-#

edit: SCRATCH THAT

shes a religious nut-job..

Can it even feel pain? Or are nerves controlled by the brain stem as well?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

She sounds like such a lovely person. She knows what love is.
sarcasm?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

She sounds like such a lovely person. She knows what love is.
sarcasm?

Nope.

rlly? I think it should be more like " She seems like such a stupid person ( just look at that blog post). She knows what stupidity is. "

So parents of autists, Down syndrome, and children with other disabilities are stupid because they still love their children even though they won't be able to function fully in the world? I mean, this is a little different I know, but it's still her child and I'm sure she feels a similar bond.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

So parents of autists, Down syndrome, and children with other disabilities are stupid because they still love their children even though they won't be able to function fully in the world? I mean, this is a little different I know, but it's still her child and I'm sure she feels a similar bond.

I think autistics, downies, and other chilluns with disabilities can do something in this world. This kid can't even half-function or eighth-function in this world.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I'm referring more to the blog post that nick posted...

Can it even feel pain? Or are nerves controlled by the brain stem as well?

No, people with Anencephaly can't feel pain. You should read the Wikipedia article fully, it's quite interesting. Also,

A baby born with anencephaly is usually blind, deaf, unconscious, and unable to feel pain.

I honestly don't know what to think about this story, but I'm quite frightened by the picture on Wikipedia.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

It's too bad that it had to occur. I feel if she wants to keep the child she can at her own expense. I would deem it a bit different if the child could function, as there is the chance it could enjoy life (even if not to the fullest). This particular case makes me think of a mummy or zombie for some reason.. (too many video games). I can understand she feels attached to it, and can only hope it doesn't occur during her next childbirth.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

So from the Wikipedia page it looks like it's not empty space where their brain should be, just no space at all, so their eyes are in the placement of like frogs or something...

Is that why the baby wears a hat in all the videos?

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

I honestly don't know what to think about this story, but I'm quite frightened by the picture on Wikipedia.

I knew I shouldn't have clicked the link after reading the warning.

Something about pictures of babies right after birth have always scared me for some reason, but that just scared the [cabbage] out of me. I want to read more but I fear the images to be disturbing like the one on wikipedia.

-.- :o :? :|

Ranger Boot Count: 1 :lol:

Zerkers: 4 Hatchets: 2 Warriors: 2

I sympathize with the mother. It's wrong that she's having to endure the shameless and inconsiderate criticism being heaped on her after she's already been through so much. While I personally disagree with her decision, I admire her for her steadfastness. Not everyone can remain true to their principles in the face of adversity, but she's proven herself to be one of the few.

Bear with me on this, but I sincerely wish for the expedient death of the child. In all practicality, the child has no hope of living any sort of "life" as we would deem it and can only prove to be a burden on the family. The child's natural death is therefore in everyone's best interests; the family would be free of the terrible burden of having to care for the child without having to compromise their principles. 'Better that the child should go quickly so that their inevitable suffering and grief may be lessened to some degree--no matter how small.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

ew... i looked at the wikipedia.. and my first thought was OMFG ALIENS.

but seriously read this -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_K

somethng like this happened and went to court, i didnt read it all though, im guessing the court ruled for the hospital and didnt have to care for the alien-looking-thing

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING