Mother gives birth to a baby with Anencephaly.

whiteguy

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One strength of humanity is that we have the luxury of favorite greetings and culture though. Life isn't a constant struggle for survival, as seen by the fact that the baby is still alive despite only reacting through instinct. The need for constant logic was really broken by technology, which is why we're even having a debate over this rather than trying to secure food or shelter.

What stuns me is that she expects people who ask for the euthanasia of the kid to apologize if she says "YOU'LL GO TO HELL AND THE DEVIL WILL TORMENT YOU FOREVERRRRRRR." Her argument is that a book said they'd burn in hell #-o

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

What stuns me is that she expects people who ask for the euthanasia of the kid to apologize if she says "YOU'LL GO TO HELL AND THE DEVIL WILL TORMENT YOU FOREVERRRRRRR." Her argument is that a book said they'd burn in hell #-o

Don't make fun of the Bible.

Seriously.

I'm agnostic/realist/atheist whatever the hell you want to call it but you other non-theists need to respect peoples' beliefs.

Be more liberal.

Seriously.

I'm agnostic/realist/atheist whatever the hell you want to call it but you other non-theists need to respect peoples' beliefs.

Be more liberal.

Some of the stuff in this book is quite ridiculous.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Seriously.

Be more liberal.

I'm not saying to believe it or take it seriously, just don't bash it. Religion bashing is unnecessary if you're a true non-believer.

I'm not understanding something. You guys are talking like she has the option to euthanize it. While it's true the baby has no functioning upper brain, does that not make it a human? I don't think what you guys are talking about is legal since she did give birth to it. The choice has already been made, hasn't it?

Seriously jard, what the hell is wrong with you?

No [developmentally delayed] people are aware that they're living, so should we just kill all of them too? Do you seriously think through what you're typing?

Are you seriously telling us that a person with Down's Syndrome doesn't know they exist? Bull.

Indeed. Just read my posts like two pages ago....

Those who are mentally [developmentally delayed] are aware that they are alive. They are just less intelligent. There are varying degrees, sure, but they are aware that they are alive and are capable of enjoying life.

A baby with anencephaly has no brain. It has a brain stem. In other words, it acts COMPLETELY instinctually. The brain stem is responsible for unconscious bodily processes. There is no baby there, just a husk of what could have been a baby. Comparing it to a goldfish might even be giving it too much. An ant would be more like it.

Someone is intelligent. And you must remember, you are talking to a scientist who bases all his "opinions" and "views" on logic and reasoning, rather than religion and culture.

For example, shaking hands, kissing on the cheek and bowing are three distinct types of greetings in different human cultures. I favor none of them and think none is less correct than the others, because scientifically there is no reason to. So I simply use each one depending on who I am interacting with, in order to please the people I interact with. If I were given control of the world and was allowed to choose which type of greeting must be used by all people, I would determine, using logic and reasoning, which was the best choice, instead of picking my favorite, which would be impossible anyways since I do not have one.

We don't have enough scientists in the world. :(

But when dealing with a life or death moral judgment, you can't only use science. You can use it to provide the facts, but the facts can only go so far when making such a decision.

I'm not understanding something. You guys are talking like she has the option to euthanize it. While it's true the baby has no functioning upper brain, does that not make it a human? I don't think what you guys are talking about is legal since she did give birth to it. The choice has already been made, hasn't it?

Seriously jard, what the hell is wrong with you?

No [developmentally delayed] people are aware that they're living, so should we just kill all of them too? Do you seriously think through what you're typing?

Are you seriously telling us that a person with Down's Syndrome doesn't know they exist? Bull.

Indeed. Just read my posts like two pages ago....

Those who are mentally [developmentally delayed] are aware that they are alive. They are just less intelligent. There are varying degrees, sure, but they are aware that they are alive and are capable of enjoying life.

A baby with anencephaly has no brain. It has a brain stem. In other words, it acts COMPLETELY instinctually. The brain stem is responsible for unconscious bodily processes. There is no baby there, just a husk of what could have been a baby. Comparing it to a goldfish might even be giving it too much. An ant would be more like it.

Someone is intelligent. And you must remember, you are talking to a scientist who bases all his "opinions" and "views" on logic and reasoning, rather than religion and culture.

For example, shaking hands, kissing on the cheek and bowing are three distinct types of greetings in different human cultures. I favor none of them and think none is less correct than the others, because scientifically there is no reason to. So I simply use each one depending on who I am interacting with, in order to please the people I interact with. If I were given control of the world and was allowed to choose which type of greeting must be used by all people, I would determine, using logic and reasoning, which was the best choice, instead of picking my favorite, which would be impossible anyways since I do not have one.

We don't have enough scientists in the world. :(

But when dealing with a life or death moral judgment, you can't only use science. You can use it to provide the facts, but the facts can only go so far when making such a decision.

this is somewhat vague but from a legal perspective heres the best I interprate it(personally think she should be allowed).

a. under roe v wade and quite a few other reasons the right to abortion covered by the right to privacy was affirmed as a fundamental right with limitations(such as state allowed to institute waiting periods)

b. while the state normally has an interest in protecting the child, this particular child due to its medical condition is not in any way of interest to the state.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Seriously.

Be more liberal.

Most Bible scholars believe that you're not supposed to take everything literally...there's quite a bit of symbolism in it (for example the creation of the earth story). People who take everything literally in the Bible are called fundamentalists...they're generally the crazy ones.

jjroxlu7.jpg

I feel sorry for the mother, and for the baby.

However, i dont see anypoint in keeping it alive, as harsh as the comments here sound, the baby will never amount to anything. Even with medication, which could be given to somebody else who actually will recover.

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

Seriously.

Be more liberal.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Christians. But if she thinks that's going to stop people from asking for her baby's death [edit], her head's not on straight.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Christians. But if she thinks that's going to stop people from asking for her baby's death, her head's not on straight.

You have a point. Religion is used as a scapegoat way too excessively. It's not really the religion itself as much as it is the people manipulating it.