so i've come to hate the world.

yanksrule

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be the change you want to see.
I can't put it better than this.
It's not that easy though, most changes people want to see simply won't ever happen.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I think it'd help a lot if you stopped reading the news, there's nothing you can do about it anyway.

Stop worrying about what god knows country is doing with god knows another country...in the grand scheme you've been dying since you were born, just live life and enjoy your time...forget the [cabbage] that doesn't concern you.

The world? Cabbage the world. Stop caring about what you can't fix.

Just live in your own world and be happy.

That certainly wouldn't make me happy. If you don't like the world and it's making you unhappy, change it. Or try your best anyway. Not even reading the news because you dislike some of it is just about as ignorant as you can get; where would society be if everybody took that attitude?

If absolute power corrupts absolutely, where does that leave God?

That certainly wouldn't make me happy. If you don't like the world and it's making you unhappy, change it. Or try your best anyway. Not even reading the news because you dislike some of it is just about as ignorant as you can get; where would society be if everybody took that attitude?
To be honest, probably a little less intelligent but quite a bit happier. :|

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

To be honest, probably a little less intelligent but quite a bit happier. :|

I guess it depends on your personality. I'd find that sort of life unfulfilling, but maybe others might like it.

If absolute power corrupts absolutely, where does that leave God?

the benefits of reading the news outwieghs the benefits of not doing so. or at least i've seen that be the case to a lot of people. i'm a huge fan of john stewart and any one that has watched him for about 30 minutes that he's all about politics.

also- if you don't pay attention to news then you're not just not knowing what is going on around you, you are excluding a very important part. human nature. i'm not going to say that i understand human nature because i'm consistently baffled by it. it's seriously the most confusing thing i've ever come to learning. i also want to be able to answer if (when?) i have kids come up to me and ask about an event that happened in my generation. i think it's awesome that when i ask my dad about the 70's and 60's and he can answer. you get more than bliss with ignorance.

the duck thing- (i didn't miss it, i just forgot to include you in my post. sorry.) in a nutshell i was saying if you act like an atheist, have the same type of thought as an atheist, and have the same views as an atheist, then you're atheist. just saying that you're a catholic, Cristian, Jewish etc. doesn't make you it. it's all about faith and beliefs, and if you don't believe in all of that mumbo jumbo then your living a lie. george carlin said something along of the lines of "i never knew it was possible but now they have people believing in "the invisible man"". hope that'll clear it up.

being the change you want (or what ever he said)- tried it in a small scale experiment and it went up in flames. persistence is key i guess but i'm just throwing rocks at the moon in trying.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

Not all drugs kill man :P

eek, you're back ?

TO OP:

Good rant ?

Feeling angry ?

Down ?

Depressed ?

Nihilistic ?

Pessimistic ?

Narcisstic ?

Maso-thingist ?

Go read a modern classic, by Penguin.

OT: Ignore all the positive words, from everyone, especially from Zierro. He's dangerously optimistic - that one.

Try to do this.

I think it'd help a lot if you stopped reading the news, there's nothing you can do about it anyway.

Stop worrying about what god knows country is doing with god knows another country...in the grand scheme you've been dying since you were born, just live life and enjoy your time...forget the [cabbage] that doesn't concern you.

The world? Cabbage the world. Stop caring about what you can't fix.

Change your perception of how you see the world; it's not black and white. There are good, there is bad, there are things that are neither there nor here.

You can do whatever you want but for most, ignorance is bliss. If you don't want ignorance, then change what you can..but the OP (topic author, cant remember who they were) quoted a lot of things he hated or she hated about the world; most of them global issues that they have relatively no control over.

That's not to say they never will, but my point is:

Fix what you can

Cabbage what you can't

Have a good time

Cause you're going to die anyway

There's my poor attempt at being poetic with a flu

Everybody knows global warming is a fake, that's why something like 30,000 scientists (9000 of whom have phD's are suing Al Gore for his global warming film).

He's the guy who's pretty much heading the legal action.

FfHW7KR33IQ

His key argument in the whole video is "CO2 ISN'T A POLLUTANT AND IT'S NOT A BAD THING FOR THE ATMOSPHERE IN LARGE AMOUNTS LOOK I'M BREATHING OUT CO2 THAT MAKES IT NOT A POLLUTANT."

In another video

"I'm a scientist so I know global warming isn't happening"

And 30,000 scientists? You say only 9000 have phD's, and I'm guessing not all of them are actually "scientists" The guy in that video's main background is in journalism. Even though he also has a background in meteorology which could be argued could make him a scientist, but then again pretty much every weatherman in the country has a degree in meteorology, and I wouldn't say that they are all scientists because of that.

In any case, despite these scientists, there is still a huge amount of scientists and experts who agree with it.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I'll throw in my opinion on it.

Global Warming is real. However it is also natural, the Earth goes through phases of heating and cooling. So yeah, maybe we're making a small impact, but its really just natural.

Anyway, is anyone aware of the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum? That was before humanity arrived and was a period of significant global warming.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Global Warming is real. However it is also natural, the Earth goes through phases of heating and cooling. So yeah, maybe we're making a small impact, but its really just natural.

Anyway, is anyone aware of the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum? That was before humanity arrived and was a period of significant global warming.

what he said

Its almost a guarentee that we are at least part of the global warming situation; but overreaching in our response could cause trouble.

doom--I hope you realize red eye is a very satirous show, I cant watch interview(dial up) but even if one scientist is stupid it doesnt mean there isnt a legitimate flaw in global warming theory. Look at Al Gore, Ill wager he isnt an expert scientist yet so many people think he speaks gospel.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

what he said

Its almost a guarentee that we are at least part of the global warming situation; but overreaching in our response could cause trouble.

doom--I hope you realize red eye is a very satirous show, I cant watch interview(dial up) but even if one scientist is stupid it doesnt mean there isnt a legitimate flaw in global warming theory. Look at Al Gore, Ill wager he isnt an expert scientist yet so many people think he speaks gospel.

Regardless of whether or not the show is a satire (I have never watched it. Ever, so I wouldn't know) The guy in it is in a ton of other videos online, and was on several shows. A show with satire can still have people on it who have opinions they firmly believe in. The colbert report is a good example of that.

and as for the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum, if I remember right, it was a period of warming 60ish million years ago (I learned about this a while ago, so my facts might be a bit off.) where, among other things, the CO2 level rose, global temperature rose, and there were solid poles (as in no ice in the arctic, and antarctic). One of the main theories about why this happened was that there was a lot of volcanic activity, which would have released carbon into the air.

While the earth does go through cycles, the general scientific consensus is that global warming is happening, and humans are contributing to it. And just because some things happen naturally, it doesn't mean that humans can't cause it.

Example:

Avalanches, they've been happening for far longer than humans have existed on earth. But humans can still cause avalanches.

Just because something could happen naturally does not mean that it's also not caused/affected by humans.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

what he said

Regardless of whether or not the show is a satire (I have never watched it. Ever, so I wouldn't know) The guy in it is in a ton of other videos online, and was on several shows. A show with satire can still have people on it who have opinions they firmly believe in. The colbert report is a good example of that.

and as for the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum, if I remember right, it was a period of warming 60ish million years ago (I learned about this a while ago, so my facts might be a bit off.) where, among other things, the CO2 level rose, global temperature rose, and there were solid poles (as in no ice in the arctic, and antarctic). One of the main theories about why this happened was that there was a lot of volcanic activity, which would have released carbon into the air.

While the earth does go through cycles, the general scientific consensus is that global warming is happening, and humans are contributing to it. And just because some things happen naturally, it doesn't mean that humans can't cause it.

Example:

Avalanches, they've been happening for far longer than humans have existed on earth. But humans can still cause avalanches.

Just because something could happen naturally does not mean that it's also not caused/affected by humans.

you do realise that volcanoes put out more co2 in a day then humans do in a week right?(randome number not sure of the exact amount) in fact three volcanoes were recently discovered under the north pole and it is been theorized that these volcanoes are causeing ice to melt at a faster rate and they may even be the cause of el nino.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=81bb2fd3-63f1-476f-b0be-f48c0dc90304

one of the articles i found but theres still a debate going on as to if these volcanoes are the cause of the decrease in sea ice in the artic.

humans may have an effect on global warming but its the same as saying that a person leaving an ocean after swimming causes the water levels to drop.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

i'm not an expert on global warming but my brother gave me some material that i found interesting. he basically said that people are profiting off of the global warming scare and that they're doing this by using terrorist tactics- saying that all of the bad things that people such as gore said can and will happen. if i was in the wind turbine and solar panel business then i'd be loving al gore right now.

edit:

Yanksrule, you are ignorant is all I can say. Oh, and move to Mexico or Somalia please.

you just said i was ignorant without saying why. if i'm as ignorant as you say please enlighten me. i guess you want to debate the global warming thing and if you want to, then you go for it, but don't go and say that i'm ignorant without giving any grounds for saying so. god i hate it when people do this... it's like a hit and run...

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

i'm not an expert on global warming but my brother gave me some material that i found interesting. he basically said that people are profiting off of the global warming scare and that they're doing this by using terrorist tactics- saying that all of the bad things that people such as gore said can and will happen. if i was in the wind turbine and solar panel business then i'd be loving al gore right now.

That my friend, is propaganda at its finest. Learn the facts, not biases.

The fact is, is that CO2 is a proven compound that traps UV radiation, and thus heat in the earth. If you look at graphs since the Industrial Revolution of CO2 emissions and look at Earths average temperature, you will find that the graphs are similar. This is not to say that CO2 is the cause, but it is a very good chance, this is all environmental scientists know.

Even if it is just a hype, the fact is is that the current carbon footprint we're leaving behind is very substantial could cause problems in the far future if it doesn't cause problems in the immediate future (which it most likely will). If we stopped emitting CO2 totally today, it would still take 200 years for the average earth temperature to go back to what it was before the Industrial Revolution.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

We are still coming out of an Ice Age, though. I don't know if this actually is a point, so correct me if it's invalid, but when the dinosaurs were chillin' out, wasn't most of the planet desert or tropical jungle? Maybe we'll end up getting that.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

The fact is, is that CO2 is a proven compound that traps UV radiation, and thus heat in the earth. If you look at graphs since the Industrial Revolution of CO2 emissions and look at Earths average temperature, you will find that the graphs are similar. This is not to say that CO2 is the cause, but it is a very good chance, this is all environmental scientists know.

Even if it is just a hype, the fact is is that the current carbon footprint we're leaving behind is very substantial could cause problems in the far future if it doesn't cause problems in the immediate future (which it most likely will). If we stopped emitting CO2 totally today, it would still take 200 years for the average earth temperature to go back to what it was before the Industrial Revolution.

In fairness, there is a lot of corruption in the clean energy business. If we are so focused on saving the planet why do we subsidize ethanol(raising fuel prices) but dont focus on truly clean energy such as wind and solar? To an extent the answer is that politicians are granting money to their friends in the ethanol industry; the post you responded to wasnt well written but it wasnt entirely wrong.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

In fairness, there is a lot of corruption in the clean energy business. If we are so focused on saving the planet why do we subsidize ethanol(raising fuel prices) but dont focus on truly clean energy such as wind and solar? To an extent the answer is that politicians are granting money to their friends in the ethanol industry; the post you responded to wasnt well written but it wasnt entirely wrong.

The truth is that profits allowed by capitalism blinds politicians and corporations of the future.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

[hide=]

The truth is that profits allowed by capitalism blinds politicians and corporations of the future.

[/hide]

Capitalism or not, people will abuse the system for their own gain.

Acting as if getting rid of capitalism is some ultimate move that will solve all these issues of greed and short term political thinking is just dishonest. Capitalism plays a part, but there are other factors at work here that would still remain even if we weren't living in capitalist countries.

Hey.

the benefits of reading the news outwieghs the benefits of not doing so. or at least i've seen that be the case to a lot of people. i'm a huge fan of john stewart and any one that has watched him for about 30 minutes that he's all about politics.

are you freaking kidding me? the daily show and the colbert report are about as far as you can get from true politics. its on freaking comedy central for a reason.

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009