23rd April 2009 - Rest and Musicians

Kenneh

Best DD by far to this date.

I can see rest becoming very nice to use at sara when you don't have a terrorbird :P

I'm excited for this update, if its f2p thats gonna be GREAT.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good actually, looking foward to it.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

It will be interesting to see the uses and impacts of this update, I'm also grateful Jagex let us in on how it was being implementing. I now have this alongside the Zanaris update to look forward to. :)

"Aaah I'm gonna take a rest and be comfortable while listening to this beatiful mu-- Oh, my energy's back, bye bye."

If it's supposed to restore your energy faster, it's gonna look odd, being just 5-10 seconds on the floor.

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

Nice DD =D> , but im still not sure about the use of this.

Maybe if it did spec bar faster/recovers hp too then i could see a point. Pools/terrorbirds/pots/sweets (Most probably faster) do the job imo. :?

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

So we can lounge around listening to bards? Cool 8-) I'm looking forward to this update.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I'd like a saloon pianist playing this music (although i doubt any of the music team can play this):

[yt]jiyZgXF1CDY[/yt]

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

A neat diary, and f2pers must be jumping for joy.

However, as a p2per, I can't remember the last time i turned run off (or ran out of run energy). I'd definitely rather use terrorbird scrolls or bring super energies than wait in a stationary spot to recover.

Oh, that would be awesome, hanging around and restoring energy faster. I hope F2P will have access to it too, as they have no energy boosters but the Explorer ring which only gives 3*50% per day if it's 3rd version of it.

And btw, did you notice that he said the "Rest" feature showing was an error of theirs. So THAT's why we got the "Coming soon.." so much later. #-o

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

If rest allows you to restore hp faster as well, it might have some good uses, and the only way I can see bards being useful, is if you could surpass 100 energy with them. I could see sitting down for 10-15 secs being worthwhile in some situations if i came out of it with like 400 energy.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

it will end up a thing that people look over and just sit at for a few seconds if they don't have a tb or are too poor to buy super energies #-o It probably wont be f2p

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

In the end it comes down to one simple comparison to see if this update is actually worth it, or just a useless feature...

Will I get to my destination faster if I:

• [*:1e4legg1]Keep walking when I've hit 0 energy, and let my energy restore gradually as I'm walking.

[*:1e4legg1]Stop, rest and get energy, and then start running again.

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

my impression for the diary was that they didn't want there to be a limited number of spots for players to gather around the resting hotspot... so i thought that means you basically walked into the general area of the bard or whatever, then hit the rest button, and you got into one of those resting positions (girl on ground, guy sitting with arms behind him) this basically would let any number of people take advantage of it simultaneously

fishing.gif

Thats cool. I used to busk all over Europe with my family when I was a kid :D

Got thrown out of a town in Belgium because they thought we were gypsies \:D/

Oh no, it's him again! Cops, get him! Get the gypsy!

Ontopic: well, not that usefull I think, but nonethless some nice graphics it seems. :P

To be honest the only reason I am excited at all about this is Saradomin Godwars. I like to bring a unicorn with me, but that has the unfortunate side effect of sometimes making me run low on energy (only when I get very unlucky and the boss attacks me 3 or 4 times in a row) and use valuable purple sweets to get it back. If I could rest while waiting for the next spawn, that would likely solve my problem :D

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I like it.

I hope we get a peruvian panflute band.

LMAO!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

south park ftw

i think that the bards will be more used in f2p if they are implimented there, and i dont see why they shouldnt, p2p already has a bunch of ways to restore run energy and f2p play has the explorers ring 3 times a day if they finished the diary.

i also hope that they are put into places that arent too obscure where they wont get any use trying to lead people to forgotten cities, cause then they will just be more forgotten content.

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

It depends on where they put the musicians, but I can't see this being too useful. We have enough methods of restoring energy.

However, it might improve the game environment, and could make some areas for people to meet for a chat, as well as getting a bonus.

~ W ~

sigzi.png